+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gunnarsson

Gunnarsson

Passing is still a bit ropey but a better team with him in.

Re: Gunnarsson

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Passing is still a bit ropey but a better team with him in.
    Agreed - was a difference maker yesterday.

We also looked a better team without Hoilett I thought and Warnock has also found a couple of gems in Murphy and Camarasa

Class yesterday

Thank god he's back

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Class yesterday
    Considering how little game time he's had due to injury I thought he put a good shift in, he didn't try to "feel his way back in" - he simply got stuck in from the very first whistle. However, I would stop short of using the word "class" to describe him, it's becoming an over used word in football these days. A class midfielder will influence the game and be on another level to those around him. Not meaning to diminish his effort, he certainly got involved.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Thank god he's back
    Oh yes !!

I criticise him a lot, because when he's bad he's very bad. However when he's on his game he's very good and yesterday he was well on his game.

Complements Camarasa and Arter, we looked well balanced yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Considering how little game time he's had due to injury I thought he put a good shift in, he didn't try to "feel his way back in" - he simply got stuck in from the very first whistle. However, I would stop short of using the word "class" to describe him, it's becoming an over used word in football these days. A class midfielder will influence the game and be on another level to those around him. Not meaning to diminish his effort, he certainly got involved.
    I didn’t call him world class. Neither did I mean he’s classy. Class is just a word I use when something is good. And his performance was very good yesterday, considering how long he’s been out.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I don’t call him world class. Neither did I mean he’s classy. Class is just a word I use when something is good. And his performance was very good yesterday, considering how long he’s been out.

That is what it was.

His tackle set up Reid's goal, and his drive into the box set up our third. We don't have a replacement Gunnar unfortunately.

Camarasa was superb, he's a managers dream!

Let’s see how he gets in against better opposition.

I thought he was dire when he came back at the end of last season . Maybe he wasn’t 100%, but it’s one thing to look good against a Fulham side short of confidence and their talisman, but another to do that against the better sides ( most of whom we’ve now played mind), Liverpool, Leicester, Brighton will be different.

Fingers crossed he can do it.

I have at times questioned his passing and predatory goal scoring abilities , and in reflection I maybe a bit harsh on the lad .

Yesterday I thought he was a colossus, playing
    against a very skilful side , packed with old international players , and I thought he did everything one could ask of him .

Perhaps we should reconsider his ability and contribution in greater depth as he has battled against the very best in the world at International level than most midfielders we have had on his books .

When he went off , he looked totally exhausted after running himself into the ground, for our club .

My MOM .

Thanks Gunner if your reading this .