+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I was surprised that Bobby Reid hadn't started

I was surprised that Bobby Reid hadn't started

More games for us, as I'm always impressed when I see him play.
    Yesterday would have been my 1st 11 always

Re: I was surprised that Bobby Reid hadn't started

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I think exactly the opposite. He is too lightweight for the Premier league.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I think exactly the opposite. He is too lightweight for the Premier league.
    Agree. Worth a run of games but I think Mendez-Laing (when he returns from injury) May fill that role well.

Very different types of players. Reid has been playing behind the striker whilst Mendez Laing is an out an out winger. Reid better technically but Mendez has the power and pace.

I actually think the injury to Mendez - Laing and Hoillet loss of form has led to us playing this 4-4-1 we have been using the last 5 games or so.

I think he's still developing, has a nice touch when in space ,can score nice goals ,yes he can look lightweight and get knocked down easily , however that could work in our favour In the penalty box .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think he's still developing, has a nice touch when in space ,can score nice goals ,yes he can look lightweight and get knocked down easily , however that could work in our favour In the penalty box .
    I was always under the impression that bottom 6 clubs were never awarded penalties
    Perhaps they may come if we move up the table ?

He took his goal really well yesterday. Not just the finish but the pace he showed to get there. He never stops running and definitely benefited from Paterson's battering ram role. Still not sure of his best position though - number 10, attacking midfielder, striker or wide man?

Played well, him Paterson and Murphy connected very well. I hope to see the same 11 next week, give the team selection a bit of consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    He was brilliant yesterday, I’ve watched the game back and he takes his goal so well. He’s quick to react and quick to get there. He also comes out with the ball in situations where he shouldn’t, he’s got great feet. He also works his socks off.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Played well, him Paterson and Murphy connected very well. I hope to see the same 11 next week, give the team selection a bit of consistency.
    Me too. Was discussing this with Gabbidon ( name drop 😂) on Twitter a few weeks back and those 3 yesterday were my preferred option.

Reid is an excellent and intelligent player , using Patterson as the battering ram and Murphy’s skill and pace will get the best out of him