Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
We were decent against Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea, but unlucky and also beaten by real quality.

We dominated against Burnley far more than we did yesterday and were extremely unlucky.

Yesterday we got the breaks and the 3 points that we deserved to have picked up in previous games.

If Fulham had Burnley’s back 4 and keeper then yesterday would have been a lot different.

We also played our most effective front 3 which really helped.
Agree about Arsenal, I was disappointed we didn't take a point, didn't see the spurs game so i'll take your word for it, don't agree with you about Chelsea, unless you count the scoreline only being 2-1 for quite a long period, because they outplayed us. Against Burnley we were not at the tempo we were yesterday and allowed them too much time on the ball in my opinion, Burnley were there for the taking. Yes, we had a bit of luck, but I believe that you create that by being adventurous and taking risks. Camarasa and reid were five yards further up the pitch, I can't understand why others can't see that. We played on the front foot. Obviously, against better teams we'll get opened up, but what I've seen is that in this league, teams will give you a sniff because they have more quality and are prepared to open up. We played differently yesterday and Warnock has semi endorsed that by saying at half time that our season starts now. Fulham were helpful-thanks very much-but there was an intensity that I have only seen sporadically. Gunnar made a big difference for me as he was prepared to carry the ball, something Ralls doesn't do. Great result and a bouncing atmosphere.