+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting to see which posters have yet to comment on our win...

Interesting to see which posters have yet to comment on our win...

Particularly interested to hear from our resident fly fisher who is normally prolific in his posts

Re: Interesting to see which posters have yet to comment on our win...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Particularly interested to hear from our resident fly fisher who is normally prolific in his posts
    Also a certain arachnologist

Why? he's pretty forthright in his views and I don't agree with him on everything, but in my opinion he hasn't been far off the mark. Yesterday we played differently, Camarasa and Reid were playing a higher line and we were actually breaking their midfield line by getting past them as opposed to everything being played in front of them, the play was much quicker with higher intensity and a belief that I've not really seen in our players. Maybe the penny has dropped that we have to take risks and leave spaces in order to create chances. Even our defence played a higher line with Bamba playing on the front foot-a style that suits him, he doesn't know the meaning of the word 'Cautious' I don't know what your opinion of our style of play has been over the first eight games, I've documented that we have been too cautious and toe dipping as opposed to a quicker more positive style that was evident yesterday. So, to conclude, wouldn't it be more fitting to ask the question to those fans who were of the thinking that our style of play before yesterday was satisfactory rather than to those who had been critical?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Why? he's pretty forthright in his views and I don't agree with him on everything, but in my opinion he hasn't been far off the mark. Yesterday we played differently, Camarasa and Reid were playing a higher line and we were actually breaking their midfield line by getting past them as opposed to everything being played in front of them, the play was much quicker with higher intensity and a belief that I've not really seen in our players. Maybe the penny has dropped that we have to take risks and leave spaces in order to create chances. Even our defence played a higher line with Bamba playing on the front foot-a style that suits him, he doesn't know the meaning of the word 'Cautious' I don't know what your opinion of our style of play has been over the first eight games, I've documented that we have been too cautious and toe dipping as opposed to a quicker more positive style that was evident yesterday. So, to conclude, wouldn't it be more fitting to ask the question to those fans who were of the thinking that our style of play before yesterday was satisfactory rather than to those who had been critical?
    We have been playing like that all season. I think the OP was also referring to you in his comment - you are one of the worst offenders and have been having a go at Warnock and individuals in the team for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    We have been playing like that all season. I think the OP was also referring to you in his comment - you are one of the worst offenders and have been having a go at Warnock and individuals in the team for weeks.
    Judge Judy has logged on. We haven't been playing like that all season. Produce some evidence that I've been having a go at Warnock and individuals for weeks xx

I'm not a fan of Paterson up front but he was immense yesterday, Morrison on the other hand I just don't know what's happened to him he's having a mare so far this season he must have one of the worst first touches in professional football and it's visible how slow he actually is which comes to Bamba fair play he won the ball yesterday but as soon as he doesn't win one of those balls so high up we are in big trouble

There’s forthright and then there’s straightforwardly negative and non-constructive. We all have our views on what could be done better but we’ve been finding our feet and that takes time. I think we’ve played well since the Arsenal match but quite a few fans seem unable to see that.

Your views are different to mine - doesn’t make either of us right - but I’m glad to see the crowds at the games don’t subscribe to the woe is me attitude quite a few on here seem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Also a certain arachnologist
    Congratulations on a first victory in six months. I'm only sad I wasn't there to see it, having been at the previous three home games. It sounds like the win was well-deserved. It's a pity that Liverpool are up next and it's not another home game against a mid-ranking side like Leicester or Brighton, as it would have been good to try to build on the confidence and feelgood factor that yesterday's victory has brought. Having said that, if Kadeem Harris is scoring Premier League goals, then anything's possible and getting something at Anfield isn't entirely out of the question.

The table this morning makes for interesting reading. This time last year, after nine games the bottom three were on 8 points (Stoke), 7 points (Bournemouth) and 3 points (Palace), while the two sides who were eventually relegated alongside Stoke were on 8 points (Swansea) and 10 points (West Brom). Huddersfield were sat in 11th position with 12 points.

People have already been talking about teams staying up this season with a record low points total. While that's obviously premature, the gap between the top clubs and those at the bottom is certainly bigger this time around. Chelsea were 4th on 16 points after 9 games last year, while West Ham were 17th with 8 points. This year, Spurs are 4th with 21 points and City are 17th with 5 points - a 16 point gap now compared to an 8 point gap then.

There’s forthright and then there’s straightforwardly negative and non-constructive. We all have our views on what could be done better but we’ve been finding our feet and that takes time. I think we’ve played well since the Arsenal match but quite a few fans seem unable to see that.

Your views are different to mine - doesn’t make either of us right - but I’m glad to see the crowds at the games don’t subscribe to the woe is me attitude quite a few on here seem to have.
    We did alright against Arsenal and should've got a draw in my opinion. We have been finding our feet, agree with you. What pisses me off a little is that some fans can't see what's in front of them or choose not too. Yesterday was a concerted effort to play in a different way, it was no accident, Gunnar helped, he was more mobile and more positive than Ralls. Why aren't we discussing the fact that when we became more positive with a fair bit of quality and licence, we looked and performed much better. Maybe my expectations are higher than most on here, but it's my belief that we have the players to compete with anyone in the bottom half of this division and that Warnock and his staff were not getting that message across.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Congratulations on a first victory in six months. I'm only sad I wasn't there to see it, having been at the previous three home games. It sounds like the win was well-deserved. It's a pity that Liverpool are up next and it's not another home game against a mid-ranking side like Leicester or Brighton, as it would have been good to try to build on the confidence and feelgood factor that yesterday's victory has brought. Having said that, if Kadeem Harris is scoring Premier League goals, then anything's possible and getting something at Anfield isn't entirely out of the question.

The table this morning makes for interesting reading. This time last year, after nine games the bottom three were on 8 points (Stoke), 7 points (Bournemouth) and 3 points (Palace), while the two sides who were eventually relegated alongside Stoke were on 8 points (Swansea) and 10 points (West Brom). Huddersfield were sat in 11th position with 12 points.

People have already been talking about teams staying up this season with a record low points total. While that's obviously premature, the gap between the top clubs and those at the bottom is certainly bigger this time around. Chelsea were 4th on 16 points after 9 games last year, while West Ham were 17th with 8 points. This year, Spurs are 4th with 21 points and City are 17th with 5 points - a 16 point gap now compared to an 8 point gap then.

The winless streak in June & July really hurt our confidence to be fair

Looking ahead at the next few home games and we have Leicester, Brighton, Wolves and Southampton. We've got to be expecting no less than 8 points from those if we want to gain some momentum. With our recent performances, I believe we are capable of doing that.

As for looking at the league table, it's not really much of an indicator really, at least until after the January window. We've got to be looking at winning a minimum of 10 games and we have one chalked off. Fortress CCS is going to have to be as loud as it was yesterday and with our high impact play we are going to smash a few rivals.

Judge Judy has logged on. We haven't been playing like that all season. Produce some evidence that I've been having a go at Warnock and individuals for weeks xx
    Dont have to go back very far - you are obviously suffering from selective memory loss. Just look at the thread headed Warnock started on 19/10 in which you have a right go at Warnock and the whole of the team in a number of posts. There are many more examples over the last few months. We have been playing more positive attacking football all season, especially in the Arsenal and Burnley games but you appear incapable of recognising this in your quest to denegrate the teams efforts and managers tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Dont have to go back very far - you are obviously suffering from selective memory loss. Just look at the thread headed Warnock started on 19/10 in which you have a right go at Warnock and the whole of the team in a number of posts. There are many more examples over the last few months. We have been playing more positive attacking football all season, especially in the Arsenal and Burnley games but you appear incapable of recognising this in your quest to denegrate the teams efforts and managers tactics.
    Judy, have a look at what i said, you'll see that we implemented a fair portion of what I believed we should do in order to get a result. If you understood football then you would have noticed that for the first time this season our midfield were playing a higher line and not allowing Fulham time to settle or get anything going from the back. Bamba was also doing a great job of stepping into the midfield. We played with more tempo and urgency, something we have to do at home in order to pick up points. You are wrong-again.

We did alright against Arsenal and should've got a draw in my opinion. We have been finding our feet, agree with you. What pisses me off a little is that some fans can't see what's in front of them or choose not too. Yesterday was a concerted effort to play in a different way, it was no accident, Gunnar helped, he was more mobile and more positive than Ralls. Why aren't we discussing the fact that when we became more positive with a fair bit of quality and licence, we looked and performed much better. Maybe my expectations are higher than most on here, but it's my belief that we have the players to compete with anyone in the bottom half of this division and that Warnock and his staff were not getting that message across.
    We were decent against Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea, but unlucky and also beaten by real quality.

We dominated against Burnley far more than we did yesterday and were extremely unlucky.

Yesterday we got the breaks and the 3 points that we deserved to have picked up in previous games.

If Fulham had Burnley’s back 4 and keeper then yesterday would have been a lot different.

We also played our most effective front 3 which really helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    We were decent against Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea, but unlucky and also beaten by real quality.

We dominated against Burnley far more than we did yesterday and were extremely unlucky.

Yesterday we got the breaks and the 3 points that we deserved to have picked up in previous games.

If Fulham had Burnley’s back 4 and keeper then yesterday would have been a lot different.

We also played our most effective front 3 which really helped.
    Agree about Arsenal, I was disappointed we didn't take a point, didn't see the spurs game so i'll take your word for it, don't agree with you about Chelsea, unless you count the scoreline only being 2-1 for quite a long period, because they outplayed us. Against Burnley we were not at the tempo we were yesterday and allowed them too much time on the ball in my opinion, Burnley were there for the taking. Yes, we had a bit of luck, but I believe that you create that by being adventurous and taking risks. Camarasa and reid were five yards further up the pitch, I can't understand why others can't see that. We played on the front foot. Obviously, against better teams we'll get opened up, but what I've seen is that in this league, teams will give you a sniff because they have more quality and are prepared to open up. We played differently yesterday and Warnock has semi endorsed that by saying at half time that our season starts now. Fulham were helpful-thanks very much-but there was an intensity that I have only seen sporadically. Gunnar made a big difference for me as he was prepared to carry the ball, something Ralls doesn't do. Great result and a bouncing atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I'm not a fan of Paterson up front but he was immense yesterday, Morrison on the other hand I just don't know what's happened to him he's having a mare so far this season he must have one of the worst first touches in professional football and it's visible how slow he actually is which comes to Bamba fair play he won the ball yesterday but as soon as he doesn't win one of those balls so high up we are in big trouble
    "Having a mare" ? .........Care to expand on that?

He's by far the best centre back at the club, and probably the best we've ever had IMO.

Agree about Arsenal, I was disappointed we didn't take a point, didn't see the spurs game so i'll take your word for it, don't agree with you about Chelsea, unless you count the scoreline only being 2-1 for quite a long period, because they outplayed us. Against Burnley we were not at the tempo we were yesterday and allowed them too much time on the ball in my opinion, Burnley were there for the taking. Yes, we had a bit of luck, but I believe that you create that by being adventurous and taking risks. Camarasa and reid were five yards further up the pitch, I can't understand why others can't see that. We played on the front foot. Obviously, against better teams we'll get opened up, but what I've seen is that in this league, teams will give you a sniff because they have more quality and are prepared to open up. We played differently yesterday and Warnock has semi endorsed that by saying at half time that our season starts now. Fulham were helpful-thanks very much-but there was an intensity that I have only seen sporadically. Gunnar made a big difference for me as he was prepared to carry the ball, something Ralls doesn't do. Great result and a bouncing atmosphere.
    At Chelsea we didn’t sit back, but went for it , at 2-1 with 10 minutes to go we were still in it. Yes, we were 2nd best, but look at the players they have.

I don’t think yesterday was our first good performance. We’ve been playing well for weeks. Just not having the luck and Burnley 19 shots to 3 was even more dominant than yesterday’s 22-9 reflection.
    We were just immensely unlucky that day and their back 4 and keeper superb- something Fulham’s weren’t .

Burnley were also very well organised- unlike Fulham who at night me point had 2 defenders stepping out for offside whilst 2 were running back 😂

Gunnar does add tempo and runs with the ball as he’s not a very good passer or shooter. It may be that this suits us better, his wrestling and tackling was also very good yesterday. Hope it continues as we are still thin on the ground in the middle.

The front 3 for me are our best mix and I’m looking forward to seeing how they do in the next few weeks against stronger opposition.

Judy, have a look at what i said, you'll see that we implemented a fair portion of what I believed we should do in order to get a result. If you understood football then you would have noticed that for the first time this season our midfield were playing a higher line and not allowing Fulham time to settle or get anything going from the back. Bamba was also doing a great job of stepping into the midfield. We played with more tempo and urgency, something we have to do at home in order to pick up points. You are wrong-again.
    I thought our approach to the Burnley game was similar to yesterday, but we didn’t benefit from comedy defending on that occasion.

I don’t think the penny suddenly dropped yesterday, I think there have been several prior signs that we’re trying to be more positive in games. On current form Fulham are probably the ideal team to face to get a result from it.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post

He's by far the best centre back at the club, and probably the best we've ever had IMO.
    At the start of the season i would've agreed him being head and shoulders above the others but this season he looks a shadow of himself making multiple mistakes per game and just looks plain uncomfortable and as for best we've ever had "give over lad"

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I thought our approach to the Burnley game was similar to yesterday, but we didn’t benefit from comedy defending on that occasion.

I don’t think the penny suddenly dropped yesterday, I think there have been several prior signs that we’re trying to be more positive in games. On current form Fulham are probably the ideal team to face to get a result from it.
    Better out than I managed.
    Also a fair shout from Tuerto that we pushed up more, but that was also due to having 3 very hard working front players who were prepared to do it . Patterson ‘s strength and commitment along with the pace and work rate of the other 2 helped, along with Fulham’s midfield not really being able to take advantage when they did get past these 3

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post

Nah,not as good as Mike England.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

Fair shout, same with Tim, I acknowledge that we have tried to win games, it's just my opinion that we have lacked that bit of risk taking that was needed against Burnley and Arsenal, I believe that if we had got at both those teams a little more we would be four points better off, although can't excuse the defensive mistakes in those games. Agree that Fulham were ideal opponents. Yesterday there was more urgency than the Burnley game and more support from midfield. Well pleased with what I saw and enjoyed Patterson showing a fantastic attitude up front and getting infront of defenders to win headers.

It just proves I know duck all about football coaching.
    It was particularly nice to hear Callum Paterson say he had dreamt of scoring in the premier league since he was 5 years of age.

Prolific? I barely post on here these days ffs, and this is one of the reasons why.

If you have dare express a different opinion to the Warnock can do no wrong brigade you get the usual snowflakes reacting as if I’ve spat in their face, or shagged their wife.

My main gripe has been the negative vibes coming from Warnock in his press conference, repeating himself how we more or less don’t belong in this league, whilst blowing smoke up the arse of the opposition.

Yesterday it worked for the first time in 8 matches. Well done. Maybe next Friday he will be singing the praises of our lads but with Liverpool next up I highly doubt it.

I still stand by I think a centre half taking long throws in the opposition half is a ridiculous tactic in the premier league.

I don’t know if we were doing that yesterday? Unfortunately even though I had tickets (typical I miss the best game of the season) I couldn’t get to the game for reasons I don’t wish to go into with strangers on here, and reasons which are far more important than a game of football.

Also happy to eat some humble pie on Callum Patterson, I understand he played really well. I still don’t think long term he’s the answer in this league but happy to proved wrong and eat some humble pie ever week.

In the words of Warnock, hey-ho.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Prolific? I barely post on here these days ffs, and this is one of the reasons why.

Really?

I'm like a tame poodle compared to a lot of the stuff posted on here. However, apart from the gentle dig, I was also genuinely interested in your take on the match yesterday as someone who had been so critical of us. I'm sorry you had to miss it for reasons which sound serious.

We did play really well, and with Gunnars back I don't recall Morrison taking a single long throw - so perhaps your grumbles have been heard.

Hope the non-football side of your life sorts itself out positively and that you get to see us play like we did yesterday at some point soon.