+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting to see which posters have yet to comment on our win...

Re: Interesting to see which posters have yet to comment on our win...

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    To be fair your own football credentials were found to be somewhat lacking judging by your recent comments and perhaps expectations as to how Fulham would perform against Cardiff City.
    Other than watching Cardiff City for 40+ years, I have no football credentials. Never claimed to have any either. I've never played, coached or managed the game at any kind of a serious level.

As for my recent comments regarding Fulham, what were they? I remember somebody else (Pedro I think) claiming they were rubbish and me saying something along the lines of we'll see how rubbish they are when they play City. Apart from that, I can't remember saying anything about them. Turns out they are indeed rubbish, or at least their defence is (if it can be described as a defence).

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Also, how do you know how we played against Newcastle or Arsenal bearing in mind that you never go to watch. I also included Burnley in my post but see that you failed to include them - perhaps because it doesnt help your argument ?
    I watched the Newcastle game on TV. It was pretty dire. Meanwhile, I was present at the Arsenal, Man City and Burnley games. Everyone I've talked to who did see Saturday's game (I only saw the highlights) suggested City were much-improved. In fairness, that wouldn't have taken much and they were up against one of the worst defences in Europe right now, but everything I've seen and heard suggests it was a much better effort that the previous home games this season.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    With reference to the Bluetit thread regarding omens/superstitions, seeing as we beat Fulham with him not there, perhaps TLG should go back to doing what he was doing over the last few seasons and do something else on Saturday?
    Well I'm not going to Anfield, that's for sure.

I don't think me not being present had anything to do with Saturday's result. After all, I've seen City beat Fulham plenty of times over the years. Most Bluebirds who have followed the club for any length of time have. Indeed, I saw City win 5-2 and 4-1 away at Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Well I'm not going to Anfield, that's for sure.

I don't think me not being present had anything to do with Saturday's result. After all, I've seen City beat Fulham plenty of times over the years. Most Bluebirds who have followed the club for any length of time have. Indeed, I saw City win 5-2 and 4-1 away at Fulham.
    Glad you edited your post. The idea of your present would have had me searching under my seat for False Widows at the Leicester game

Other than watching Cardiff City for 40+ years, I have no football credentials. Never claimed to have any either. I've never played, coached or managed the game at any kind of a serious level.

As for my recent comments regarding Fulham, what were they? I remember somebody else (Pedro I think) claiming they were rubbish and me saying something along the lines of we'll see how rubbish they are when they play City. Apart from that, I can't remember saying anything about them. Turns out they are indeed rubbish, or at least their defence is (if it can be described as a defence).
    I just followed your lead on comparing credentials - you don’t have to have played, coached or managed to claim to have them, though I think it helps - nice to see you displaying some humility though.... it suits you 👍.

Must have just been my misinterpretation of what you’d said then regarding Fulham being rubbish.... I think you’d asked someone
    If they were serious when they suggested Fulham were rubbish after spending £100m(ish) and I thought you’d followed that up with what I’d interpreted as a patronising “righto” - we’ll see how rubbish they are when they play Cardiff (or words to that effect).

As it turns out I was wrong and you actually did identify that Fulham are indeed rubbish, which was probably your intention all along.
    Last edited by StraightOuttaCanton; 25-10-18 at 16:39. Reason: .

As it turns out I was wrong and you actually did identify that Fulham are indeed rubbish, which was probably your intention all along.

Personally, I think it's still a bit too early to be sure who really is rubbish and who isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    Interesting how some dismiss the claims of some they never saw by saying they never played at the level of Morrison.I would say the likes of Malloy, Murray,Montgomery, Pontin would fair very favourably with Sean.who I happen to think is a very good centre half.How anyone can dismiss players they never saw play is beyond me
    Yes Pontin was great player . not your normal lump up the field central defender ,quite a cultured player , sadly developed dementia in his later years .

Personally, I think it's still a bit too early to be sure who really is rubbish and who isn't.
    Don’t think any Premier League side are rubbish, I’d prefer the reason for losing is that the other lot are just the better team. I don’t buy it that we were rubbish against Man City, it’s just that they seemed to have 22 players to our 11. It’s a common thing amongst football fans to justify a rival beating another rival with the reasoning ‘You only beat them cos they’re shit’. I reckon we beat Fulham because we were the better team & took our chances, any team that has a player who can score a goal like their first aren’t rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Don’t think any Premier League side are rubbish, I’d prefer the reason for losing is that the other lot are just the better team. I don’t buy it that we were rubbish against Man City, it’s just that they seemed to have 22 players to our 11. It’s a common thing amongst football fans to justify a rival beating another rival with the reasoning ‘You only beat them cos they’re shit’. I reckon we beat Fulham because we were the better team & took our chances, any team that has a player who can score a goal like their first aren’t rubbish.
    A good post

I like that Steve

I watched the Newcastle game on TV. It was pretty dire. Meanwhile, I was present at the Arsenal, Man City and Burnley games. Everyone I've talked to who did see Saturday's game (I only saw the highlights) suggested City were much-improved. In fairness, that wouldn't have taken much and they were up against one of the worst defences in Europe right now, but everything I've seen and heard suggests it was a much better effort that the previous home games this season.
    I doubt even the most one eyed Jack would try to put down the Fulham win by describing their defence (ok they are poor) as one of the worst in Europe. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I doubt even the most one eyed Jack would try to put down the Fulham win by describing their defence (ok they are poor) as one of the worst in Europe. ��������������
    Just a bitter little man

I just followed your lead on comparing credentials - you don’t have to have played, coached or managed to claim to have them, though I think it helps - nice to see you displaying some humility though.... it suits you 👍.

Must have just been my misinterpretation of what you’d said then regarding Fulham being rubbish.... I think you’d asked someone
    If they were serious when they suggested Fulham were rubbish after spending £100m(ish) and I thought you’d followed that up with what I’d interpreted as a patronising “righto” - we’ll see how rubbish they are when they play Cardiff (or words to that effect).

Hmmm.
    I did wonder whether I should hold my hand up on this one as I had commented in that "Warnock will walk" thread too.
    However on reflection, I don't think that you or I, or the others who commented, got the wrong end of the stick at all.

We all know what Pedro was trying to get across.
    Basically that City aren't as bad as people are making out, and that we had every chance against moneybags Fulham, although calling Fulham shit was, as he'd admitted afterwards, a bit strong.

TLG though did reply in what I thought was a rather condescending way with a short sharp 'are you serious?' ('oh dear' being another of his favourites') and I took this to mean that he had taken a contrary view.

Taking the post in isolation, one could be duped into thinking it was a nothing statement but TLG hasn't been gushing with optimism these past months, seeming only to surface after a bad performance.

Warnock has taken a lot of stick in the close season and up until Saturday, he did a job on the dillusional BIG spenders and I think that he deserves some credit for the way he went about taking on Fulham last week. Credit, or at least a more balanced view, from the posters who dished much of the stick out and not just the usual swipe upon the next defeat.

Hmmm.
    I did wonder whether I should hold my hand up on this one as I had commented in that "Warnock will walk" thread too.
    However on reflection, I don't think that you or I, or the others who commented, got the wrong end of the stick at all.

We all know what Pedro was trying to get across.
    Basically that City aren't as bad as people are making out, and that we had every chance against moneybags Fulham, although calling Fulham shit was, as he'd admitted afterwards, a bit strong.

TLG though did reply in what I thought was a rather condescending way with a short sharp 'are you serious?' ('oh dear' being another of his favourites') and I took this to mean that he had taken a contrary view.

Taking the post in isolation, one could be duped into thinking it was a nothing statement but TLG hasn't been gushing with optimism these past months, seeming only to surface after a bad performance.

Warnock has taken a lot of stick in the close season and up until Saturday, he did a job on the dillusional BIG spenders and I think that he deserves some credit for the way he went about taking on Fulham last week. Credit, or at least a more balanced view, from the posters who dished much of the stick out and not just the usual swipe upon the next defeat.
    You choose condescending. I choose patronising. We’re both accurate.

Sorry if my response sounded conciliatory.

We’re a bottom 6 side in this league... of that there is no doubt, but in a league of 20 you will have a best team and a worst team. It’s common language to call the worst team in any league shit and even though we’re at the smelly end of the spectrum ourselves the truth is that on the great to shit PL scale, Fulham were totally shit on Saturday.

I’m SERIOUS 😂😂😂

You choose condescending. I choose patronising. We’re both accurate.

Sorry if my response sounded conciliatory.

We’re a bottom 6 side in this league... of that there is no doubt, but in a league of 20 you will have a best team and a worst team. It’s common language to call the worst team in any league shit and even though we’re at the smelly end of the spectrum ourselves the truth is that on the great to shit PL scale, Fulham were totally shit on Saturday.

I’m SERIOUS 😂😂😂
    They weren’t total shit. They were pretty good going forward. They’ve got some very good players.

However , defensively they were a shambles.

That was the difference between them and Burnley. We had more of the game v Burnley, but their keeper and back 4 were better than Fulham’s and they were organised.
    We also had more of the run of the ball against Fulham than we’ve had in other games .

It’s a fine line.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    They weren’t total shit. They were pretty good going forward. They’ve got some very good players.

However , defensively they were a shambles.

That was the difference between them and Burnley. We had more of the game v Burnley, but their keeper and back 4 were better than Fulham’s and they were organised.
    We also had more of the run of the ball against Fulham than we’ve had in other games .

It’s a fine line.
    Sorry you missed my point. Of course they’re not totally shit. They’re a PL team so they’re one of the top 20 of 92 teams in the UK but my point was that in a black and white world relative to Man City they were totally shit. I’d even argue that 2nd half on Saturday they wouldn’t have beaten 50% of the Championship. Other than a worldy goal and a couple of other attacks they really
    didn’t trouble us for 90 mins

I reckon we beat Fulham because we were the better team & took our chances, any team that has a player who can score a goal like their first aren’t rubbish.
    OK, so Fulham aren't rubbish, and I was right to question someone who suggested they were. I think. But I'm not sure. Seems I'm getting mixed messages from the great and good of CCMB.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I doubt even the most one eyed Jack would try to put down the Fulham win by describing their defence (ok they are poor) as one of the worst in Europe. ��������������
    I was merely quoting Sky Sports, who are not one-eyed Jacks as far as I'm aware. As things stand, in statistical terms, Fulham's defence are indeed the worst in the top five leagues in Europe.

The list is as follows:

Fulham - 25 goals conceded from 9 games (Premier League)
    Chievo - 24 goals conceded from 9 games (Serie A)
    Frosinone - 24 goals conceded from 9 games (Serie A)
    SD Huesca - 20 goals conceded from 9 games (La Liga)
    Cardiff City - 19 goals conceded from 9 games (Premier League)
    FC Nurnberg - 19 goals from 8 games (Bundesliga)

That's not an opinion. It's just statistics.

You only see what you want to see. I've posted occasionally during the last three months, but not regularly. My posts have followed no pattern at all. However, you and other dopey ****ers like you accuse me of only surfacing after a bad performance. The team has won one game in ten this season. I posted the day after it. Nevertheless, I'm accused of "only seeming to surface after a bad performance."

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    So they're not 'rubbish' then?

Don't let Straight Outta canton hear you say that.....

You only see what you want to see. I've posted occasionally during the last three months, but not regularly. My posts have followed no pattern at all. However, you and other dopey ****ers like you accuse me of only surfacing after a bad performance. The team has won one game in ten this season. I posted the day after it. Nevertheless, I'm accused of "only seeming to surface after a bad performance."
    A few points...

I do seem to remember that you did post the day after the fulham game, when called out, and spouted some irrelevant stats.

Your posts do in fact follow a pattern.
    They are often derogatory ^^^ and negative.

Just bits of a post ^^^ are often pasted and analysed with other more relevant bits ignored.

Also, "seeming".... appearing to be real or true but not necessarily so

Are people suggesting Warnock is up to the task after winning one game?

Whilst it’s easy to come down on a manager after going through a bad run, I don’t think even the “pro-warnock” camp can defend him as a manager who is likely to keep us up. You can list the reasons/excuses why he is handicapped in his attempts but ultimately supporting Warnock up till last weeks game was essentially an emotional one.

I think those who don’t declare the same kind of support are probably thinking in a more “matter-of-fact” way. This is perfectly reasonable as long as it’s not too knee-jerk. After a quarter of the season, I don’t think it’s sacrilegious to air the suggestion that Warnock might be out of his depth.

I hope Warnock can keep us up but if he goes on another run of 9 games picking up 2,3 or 4 points, I’m not going to ignore the inadequacies and keep my mouth shut out of the fear of being shouted down by the emotionally righteous.

I support the team. I want them to succeed but this is a place for debate, not soley for providing moral support.

A few points...

I do seem to remember that you did post the day after the fulham game, when called out, and spouted some irrelevant stats.

Your posts do in fact follow a pattern.
    They are often derogatory ^^^ and negative.

Just bits of a post ^^^ are often pasted and analysed with other more relevant bits ignored.

Also, "seeming".... appearing to be real or true but not necessarily so
    Called out indeed? How old are you?!?

Sunday is the day I most regularly post these days as I'm usually lazing around not doing very little. If I post after a Cardiff defeat (and let's be honest, there are likely to be plenty of those this season), whatever I write is viewed as derogatory or negative, or I'm somehow perceived as gloating, which is odd as I don't support any of City's opponents. On the other hand, if I post after a victory, it's apparently because I've been "called out" and whatever I write is deemed irrelevant.

I appreciate that, having dared to oppose Tan's re-brand and fallen out of love with the football club in the process, I'm now seen as the enemy by some of the morons who post on here. That's no big deal as I've never taken this message board seriously anyway, but to be honest it is getting a bit boring now. I go to the occasional game, keep in touch with what's going at the club and talk about City regularly with the many friends I have who still actively support it (and some who don't), but it seems that pretty much any opinion I offer on here will be derided by a small herd of anonymous morons, regardless of what I've actually said or how accurate it may be.

Well, I won't be posting this Sunday or at any time during the next week whatever the result at Anfield is as I'll be elsewhere and otherwise engaged, so you can 'call me out' to your heart's content but you won't get a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Particularly interested to hear from our resident fly fisher who is normally prolific in his posts
    Which posters are yet to comment on yesterday's shit fest?

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    Which posters are yet to comment on yesterday's shit fest?
    No idea. If that's aimed at me I've commented on the match thread and other threads.

We were poor yesterday after the first 30 minutes, and we seemed to lose shape too easily in the second half. We seem to be getting caught between playing in two different ways - we have started to play the ball around a bit in the final third (and we seem to be quite good at it too) but are not prepared to do that too often in other parts of the pitch.

I also think Reid is not imposing himself enough in the final third and needs to find out how to do so quickly.

Finally, there were more bizarre passes, slices, poor touches and walking the ball into touch yesterday than I have seen in many years. I'm prepared to write yesterday off as just a bizarre day for all concerned but we can't play like that again if we're to have any hope of staying up this season.