+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting to see which posters have yet to comment on our win...

Re: Interesting to see which posters have yet to comment on our win...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Really?

I'm like a tame poodle compared to a lot of the stuff posted on here. However, apart from the gentle dig, I was also genuinely interested in your take on the match yesterday as someone who had been so critical of us. I'm sorry you had to miss it for reasons which sound serious.

We did play really well, and with Gunnars back I don't recall Morrison taking a single long throw - so perhaps your grumbles have been heard.

Hope the non-football side of your life sorts itself out positively and that you get to see us play like we did yesterday at some point soon.

I also couldn't make the game yesterday as I was watching my little lad play. Whilst I was jumping around the car hearing the goals go in on the way home I do find it hard to an express a proper opinion when I haven't seen the game.
    I've now watched the game on sky and the atmosphere sounded great, we created a lot of chances and it was great to see Reid and Murphy on the pitch together.

I got bollocksed and spent today feeling like shit , too much euphoria and wine watching motd

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Nah,not as good as Mike England.
    Yeah, I'll give you that. Although England was past his best when he came to us.

Morrisson is without question the best in the last 30 odd years.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    At the start of the season i would've agreed him being head and shoulders above the others but this season he looks a shadow of himself making multiple mistakes per game and just looks plain uncomfortable and as for best we've ever had "give over lad"
    As some have pointed out, Mike England was a class act, but Morrisson is certainly the best for many many years.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

My main gripe has been the negative vibes coming from Warnock in his press conference, repeating himself how we more or less don’t belong in this league, whilst blowing smoke up the arse of the opposition.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45932277

He knows what he's doing. Are you with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45932277

He knows what he's doing. Are you with me?
    Fairplay, his hairdo makes him look like a woodlouse though.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    As some have pointed out, Mike England was a class act, but Morrisson is certainly the best for many many years.
    Personally I liked Turner.
    Thought he was excellent for us in the Prem
    I kno he had his knickers with his long balls, but he rarely made a mistake or lost any battles. It’s what I want from a centre half.

But probably overall the best we’ve had is Gabbidon, who went on to bigger things, but was then , like Turner cruelly hit by injuries.

Collins has probably been the most successful in the last 30 years, playing hundreds of Premier league games for West Ham

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I kno he had his knickers with his long balls, but he rarely made a mistake or lost any battles. It’s what I want from a centre half.

But probably overall the best we’ve had is Gabbidon, who went on to bigger things, but was then , like Turner cruelly hit by injuries.

Collins has probably been the most successful in the last 30 years, playing hundreds of Premier league games for West Ham
    We've had some superb centre halves in recent years. Gabbidon, Collins, Purse, Loovens, Johnson, Hudson, Turner, Morrison, Manga and Bamba. Connolly was our player of the season in 15/16 too. Someone in our scouting department knows how to identify a good centre back, which is odd because we've rarely been blessed with good full backs in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We've had some superb centre halves in recent years. Gabbidon, Collins, Purse, Loovens, Johnson, Hudson, Turner, Morrison, Manga and Bamba. Connolly was our player of the season in 15/16 too. Someone in our scouting department knows how to identify a good centre back, which is odd because we've rarely been blessed with good full backs in that time.
    Going back, Murray, CHARLES, Harris, Ratcliffe, Rankmore !!!!!!!

Best we've ever had !!!!!!!! He's not in the top twenty.

PS:---- Not forgetting Joe, but you'll most probably say our most games played player, played at a lower level.

Not too many played in a league anything like as good as the Premier league to be fair.

Morrisson is top class, playing against the Worlds best strikers week in week out.

Collins obviously was class, but not for us in the premier league unfortunately.

I’ve thought that myself in the past.

Joe Bennett aside, as he is class

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Judy, have a look at what i said, you'll see that we implemented a fair portion of what I believed we should do in order to get a result. If you understood football then you would have noticed that for the first time this season our midfield were playing a higher line and not allowing Fulham time to settle or get anything going from the back. Bamba was also doing a great job of stepping into the midfield. We played with more tempo and urgency, something we have to do at home in order to pick up points. You are wrong-again.

I may not be an 'expert' like you think you are but I obviously understand football a lot better than you do. Your only interest is constantly criticising the managers tactics and individual players. You are now trying to take credit for previously identifying the tactics to enable our win on Saturday but we actually played very simlarly against Arsenal, Burnley and Newcastle without any luck. Perhaps you missed those games whilst you were off having your ego massaged. You asked me for an example of your critiscism and I gave it to you. There are many more over recent months.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I may not be an 'expert' like you think you are but I obviously understand football a lot better than you do.

You're such a plum. Very funny, but a plum all the same.

I'd love it if we could compare Tuerto's football credentials with yours, but sadly he's not that sort of person. Tell you what, though - he's one of the best judges of the game I've ever met.

As for playing very similarly against Newcastle and Arsenal, you must be taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Going back, Murray, CHARLES, Harris, Ratcliffe, Rankmore !!!!!!!

Best we've ever had !!!!!!!! He's not in the top twenty.

PS:---- Not forgetting Joe, but you'll most probably say our most games played player, played at a lower level.
    And of course Danny Malloy.

Never saw him play myself ( I saw my first game the season after he left) but my dad always said how good he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    And of course Danny Malloy.

Never saw him play myself ( I saw my first game the season after he left) but my dad always said how good he was.
    Gary Bennett was no slouch👍

I may not be an 'expert' like you think you are but I obviously understand football a lot better than you do.
    This could well be the greatest post I've ever seen on here

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    This could well be the greatest post I've ever seen on here
    Lets be fair, a village idiot would understand football more than Tuerto and you do, so its no great claim by me is it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

I'd love it if we could compare Tuerto's football credentials with yours, but sadly he's not that sort of person. Tell you what, though - he's one of the best judges of the game I've ever met.

As for playing very similarly against Newcastle and Arsenal, you must be taking the piss.
    To be fair your own football credentials were found to be somewhat lacking judging by your recent comments and perhaps expectations as to how Fulham would perform against Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I know he had his knickers with his long balls, but he rarely made a mistake or lost any battles. It’s what I want from a centre half.

"I know he had his knickers with his long balls...."

No wonder he left for Burton. The shame of it

Interesting how some dismiss the claims of some they never saw by saying they never played at the level of Morrison.I would say the likes of Malloy, Murray,Montgomery, Pontin would fair very favourably with Sean.who I happen to think is a very good centre half.How anyone can dismiss players they never saw play is beyond me

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

The fact that you think he is one of 'the best judges of the game that you have ever met' is not very comforting for him but very comforting for me, given the load of rubbish that you have posted on here over the years. Also, how do you know how we played against Newcastle or Arsenal bearing in mind that you never go to watch. I also included Burnley in my post but see that you failed to include them - perhaps because it doesnt help your argument ?

Why is everyone going on about the Burnley game like it was some sort of massacre? Yes, we had the better of the game but we only scored once and we shipped two soft goals. So we lost. It's hardly a travesty. It's football.

Also, how do you know how we played against Newcastle or Arsenal bearing in mind that you never go to watch
    In fairness he has already mentioned that he was at the previous thee games.

With reference to the Bluetit thread regarding omens/superstitions, seeing as we beat Fulham with him not there, perhaps TLG should go back to doing what he was doing over the last few seasons and do something else on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    To be fair your own football credentials were found to be somewhat lacking judging by your recent comments and perhaps expectations as to how Fulham would perform against Cardiff City.
    Perhaps a bit premature?
    I'm sure he will eventually reply to the many posts in that thread questioning his judgement, backed up with a whole bunch of statistics derived from his dirty great big spreadsheet and thus prove that he was, in fact, not entirely wrong