+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neil's save at 3-2, just as important as a goal

Neil's save at 3-2, just as important as a goal

If that header goes in, well it don't want thinking about what would have happened next.

Re: Neil's save at 3-2, just as important as a goal

Good shout. Looked a cracking save.

Especially seeing how much grief the Canton gave Mawson when he was warming up.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    If that header goes in, well it don't want thinking about what would have happened next.

Absolutely, although it seems his kicking has taken a backward step. I was in line with him when the Fulham player stood on him while he was trying to kick it out from his hands and he looked flustered. What is more concerning is that we seem to be conceding the first contact at set pieces, something we rarely did last season. As for Etheridge, he has to be Warnock's best value for money signing since he's been here, a close run with Bamba. If only he could sort that kicking. That save with his chest was good as well. although I think that he was to blame with the initial poor kick out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Absolutely, although it seems his kicking has taken a backward step. I was in line with him when the Fulham player stood on him while he was trying to kick it out from his hands and he looked flustered. What is more concerning is that we seem to be conceding the first contact at set pieces, something we rarely did last season. As for Etheridge, he has to be Warnock's best value for money signing since he's been here, a close run with Bamba. If only he could sort that kicking. That save with his chest was good as well. although I think that he was to blame with the initial poor kick out.
    More negative spin on a brilliant performance from everyone in the team. I just dont get what your problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    More negative spin on a brilliant performance from everyone in the team. I just dont get what your problem is.
    Did you watch the game? Etheridge's kicking was abysmal

Mawson was milking the "banter" from the Canton before he went on. Had his header gone in, U can imagine him running the length of the pitch to celebrate. A very important save from The Philippines no.1.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Mawson was milking the "banter" from the Canton before he went on. Had his header gone in, U can imagine him running the length of the pitch to celebrate. A very important save from The Philippines no.1.
    He was smirking until the ‘on the bench’ chant went up.

Fantastic, Etheridge's development has been excellent and he is a great shot stopper now

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

I'm with you there Tony. The defining moment f the game for me

Nice one Neil. Kept the Jack at bay.