+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I love this team

I love this team

What a team we've got.

Been said many times but was in the pub after yesterday's game and realised what a great bunch Warnock's put together.

It has a great mix of talent, work ethic and a balance to it, the new signings have given us just what we need. We said aswell that somehow the fact that we play Manga, Paterson and Camarasa in positions that they're slightly less suited to makes it more authentic, there's a definite charm to it. Gunnarsson's experience and the fact that he's a natural 6 added much needed balance too. There were question marks over Reid's Warnock type credentials, but boy does he work, and at times yesterday we zipped it about like a quality side...

We're definitely a Right Back and a Striker short, but I'd take these boys over most. I don't remember such a likeable City team in a while. Camarasa reminds of Koumas on his first stint - what a player.

We'll probably get shafted on Saturday but this win will give the boys genuine belief for our spell after the Liverpool game. Up the city!

Re: I love this team

Great post.

The depth of pride I feel in supporting this particular Cardiff team stems partly from the fact that we have many players that aren't household names, or have been written off by the 'experts', yet for the last two years since NW has arrived they have taken the greatest of delight in stuffing the sniffy words of their critics back into their throats.

Interestingly we've looked for the last 5 or so games as if we do have the quality to move the ball quickly and accurately up front, and I was really pleasantly surprised by the number of quality touches that Paterson provided yesterday. I expected them from Murphy, Reid and Camarasa but this provides us with an attacking threat that could well become really potent if we keep it going.

If we do confound the critics again this year it'll be one of the greatest achievements I'll have witnessed in football - possibly even eclipsing last year. If we don't then I hope we can retain the core of the team to have a good go at the Championship again next year.

Whatever happens I'm going to continue to be a happy clapper for as long as I can - though not to the extent that dml has taken things I hope...

This Fulham fan doesn’t agree. He thinks we are ‘talentless frauds with endeavour’ bitter fecker

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    This Fulham fan doesn’t agree. He thinks we are ‘talentless frauds with endeavour’ bitter fecker

Can understand when beaten by the better team, but just on sheer effort alone, that's when it really angers you. Today Fulham were beaten by talentless frauds just with endeavour. Unsure if manager or players to blame but come next week there must be a massive improvement. #ffc
    — Farrell Monk (@FarrellMonk) October 20, 2018
    Ah - bless him... He really ought to look closer to home first when looking for frauds. Fancy being outplayed by a team costing a fraction of yours. How can the world be so unfair?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Clueless. We scored 4 goals FFS. 4-1 or even 5-1 would not have been harsh.

The only fraudsters out there were the imposters for a £100m+ assembled football team.

Great team spirit, had a lot of setbacks this season and after the Schurlle goal it would have been easy for them to withdraw but that they certainly didn't.

I like that all they seem to get on also, watching the highlights on MOTD you can see all the subs up celebrating the goals. Don't always get that.

Its not just the team. The atmosphere in the ground is brilliant.

It really is a united fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Its not just the team. The atmosphere in the ground is brilliant.

It really is a united fan base.
    Yes, a lot different to last time

That’s one fans opinion and is a blatantly biased reaction. I’m sure other Fulham fans would have admired and even envied our energy and desire. We didn’t play loads of hoofball and passed it around them well at times. There are rough edges and we may not have the flair that others do but to dismiss our team as talentless is clearly sour grapes.

As for loving the team, it’s just one game and for me, whilst they might be a good bunch, I’m more interested in seeing if they can build on this performance/result. I don’t see why they can’t carry it on though, especially at home. I think that team could get a result against anyone outside the top 6 at home. It’ll probably be tight though and they’ll have to be ruthless when it comes to taking chances.

The fans will play a massive role as well. Got to be looking at 10 points now from the next four home games against Leicester, Brighton, Wolves and Southampton.

15 points after 16 games would have us on course for around 36 points. Hopefully we can pick up a point or two away from home as well.

Whatever anyone says about this team, every single one of them will run through brick walls for the club. The fans are right behind us, and we've got a siege mentality. It's going to be hard to stay up but I'd much rather watch our side than that gutless, ill disciplined shower than Fulham had. I like our lads, I can't imagine I'd warm as much to them. We played good football yesterday, certainly better than them. When we get the ball down and play, plus our work rate then we'll be a match for more than few.

Mitrovic should be embarrassed looking at the effort Patterson put in.