+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Patterson 50th Goal

Patterson 50th Goal

Saw a tweet from Greg Halford yesterday (great he still follows us ) congratulating Patterson on his 50th career goal, not bad for a player ,some say is a defender ,or midfielder or a striker , or a goalie or even a winger.🤔

I wonder if he will become the best , utility player we've ever had on our books???

Still only 24 , although he looks 54 . 😉

Re: Patterson 50th Goal

I'd make him the manager too

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Saw a tweet from Greg Halford yesterday (great he still follows us ) congratulating Patterson on his 50th career goal, not bad for a player ,some say is a defender ,or midfielder or a striker , or a goalie or even a winger.��

I wonder if he will become the best , utility player we've ever had on our books???

Still only 24 , although he looks 54 . ��
    I'm a bit fed up of people saying he's a right back playing centre forward. I've been looking at some Hearts forums and some of their fans suggested ages ago that he could make a target man/striker with his aerial prowess and timing inside the box.

I can think of two former City players immediately that radically changed position. James Collins was a striker with us early on but became a top central defender. Josh Magennis, even more bizarrely, was a goalkeeper, who then ended up playing up top! I think Thierry Henry was signed as a winger, yet became Arsenal's greatest ever striker.

Please can we put to bed the idea that Paterson is a right back, because he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm a bit fed up of people saying he's a right back playing centre forward. I've been looking at some Hearts forums and some of their fans suggested ages ago that he could make a target man/striker with his aerial prowess and timing inside the box.

I can think of two former City players immediately that radically changed position. James Collins was a striker with us early on but became a top central defender. Josh Magennis, even more bizarrely, was a goalkeeper, who then ended up playing up top! I think Thierry Henry was signed as a winger, yet became Arsenal's greatest ever striker.

Please can we put to bed the idea that Paterson is a right back, because he's not.
    Was agreeing with everything you said then you go and throw Terry Henry in there

I'd suggest that we can't do without Paterson's pace, strength and aerial ability in the team but the only place we can play him in the Prem if our midfield players are all available is at Centre Forward. So I foresee a bit of a run in that position for young Callum...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I'd suggest that we can't do without Paterson's pace, strength and aerial ability in the team but the only place we can play him in the Prem if our midfield players are all available is at Centre Forward. So I foresee a bit of a run in that position for young Callum...
    He hasn't got the technical ability of most of our midfield. He's a bit of a loose cannon in some ways, unpredictable, almost impossible to defend against. He's certainly not your average centre forward, which might be a bit confusing for the opposition. Quick, eye for goal, times his runs so well, a nightmare in the air, sounds like your average right back!

He's a "False number 2"

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    He's a "False number 2"

These got him in ther team of the week.. as a right back 🤔
    https://twitter.com/dreamteamfc/stat...325540353?s=21

Look at my last but one line ( I wonder if he will become the best , utility player we've ever had on our books???)

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    He's a "False number 2"
    I've had a few of those.

I've had a few of those.
    Is he a false nos 9 ??

Look at my last but one line ( I wonder if he will become the best , utility player we've ever had on our books???)
    Agreed. My post wasn't intended as a rant against you btw. It was a generic moan!!

He could probably do a job in goal.

Pound for pound the best player in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    These got him in ther team of the week.. as a right back ��
    https://twitter.com/dreamteamfc/stat...325540353?s=21
    He's in their "Dream Team" as a defender, they didn't watch him last season!

Saw a tweet from Greg Halford yesterday (great he still follows us ) congratulating Patterson on his 50th career goal, not bad for a player ,some say is a defender ,or midfielder or a striker , or a goalie or even a winger.��

Still only 24 , although he looks 54 . ��
    My first impression of him on Saturday as our ‘centre forward’ was that, as always, he was up for it. In fact he never stopped trying to be a nuisance until the final whistle.
    But more than that he was winning the ball. More than that he was laying the ball off or trying to.
    And his goal changed so much.
    It was an excellent performance. Maybe not one that he can deliver too often, but I’d be happy to see him keep trying until we know.