+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Not wishing to rain on our parade

Not wishing to rain on our parade

But is there anyone else thinking that yesterday was as easy as it could possibly get in the Premier League?

Don't get me wrong, we played really well, our best performance since promotion, with an intensity and pace that will cause other teams problems. I'm still delighted that I've seen a Cardiff side win at home in blue in the top flight.

The downside is that surely teams won't be as crap as Fulham were yesterday. It's a great step to get 3 points, but things can only be tougher.

Re: Not wishing to rain on our parade

Bring it on

We played Fulham at a good time without a doubt but I'd argue that we've also more than held our own against Arsenal, Burnley, Newcastle, Bournemouth and Huddersfield.

The only games I thought we really were outclassed were Man City, Spurs and Chelsea - despite being close vs the last two for a large part of the games I never thought we had quite enough to compete with them.

Have faith Eric, we have enough to stay up. Now it's about luck and refereeing bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    We played Fulham at a good time without a doubt but I'd argue that we've also more than held our own against Arsenal, Burnley, Newcastle, Bournemouth and Huddersfield.

The only games I thought we really were outclassed were Man City, Spurs and Chelsea - despite being close vs the last two for a large part of the games I never thought we had quite enough to compete with them.

Have faith Eric, we have enough to stay up. Now it's about luck and refereeing bias.
    I agree with you totally. Every point we get will be the result of hard work and possibly having the rub of the green from time to time. Timing is vital as well - success in sports at the top level rely on this.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Bring it on
    Wish there was a 'like' button!

Everyone said the same following the Burnley game. The quality in the Premier League isn't as high as Sky would have us believe

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    But is there anyone else thinking that yesterday was as easy as it could possibly get in the Premier League?

Don't get me wrong, we played really well, our best performance since promotion, with an intensity and pace that will cause other teams problems. I'm still delighted that I've seen a Cardiff side win at home in blue in the top flight.

The downside is that surely teams won't be as crap as Fulham were yesterday. It's a great step to get 3 points, but things can only be tougher.
    I think the Premiership - apart from the top 3 or 4 - seem to have forgotten it's all about stopping goals and scoring goals.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Everyone said the same following the Burnley game. The quality in the Premier League isn't as high as Sky would have us believe
    Am I alone in feeling aggrieved about the fact that as soon as we win or do well in a competition it’s one that is a lower quality than it used to be.
    We get to the cup final, we were lucky that all the big clubs got knocked out.
    We win the Championship at a canter, the league was the poorest it had been in ages AND we were boring and expensively assembled.
    Now we’re in the Prem, we may stay up but only because the quality isn’t there.
    I’m looking forward to the day when we can play in a proper competition where everyone is demonstrably brilliant and we do quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulWent76 View Post
    Am I alone in feeling aggrieved about the fact that as soon as we win or do well in a competition it’s one that is a lower quality than it used to be.
    We get to the cup final, we were lucky that all the big clubs got knocked out.
    We win the Championship at a canter, the league was the poorest it had been in ages AND we were boring and expensively assembled.
    Now we’re in the Prem, we may stay up but only because the quality isn’t there.
    I’m looking forward to the day when we can play in a proper competition where everyone is demonstrably brilliant and we do quite well.
    That was an answer to this point: "The downside is that surely teams won't be as crap as Fulham were yesterday." and its true, the quality is high, but it isn't as high as many would like us to believe. That isn't to say that we're crap and will only stay up if others are crap

It will be the easiest game we have this season but most of the bottom 10 won't be that much harder. We'll just need to work a bit harder to break teams down as Fulham were a joke at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

No I don't think that " was as easy as it could possibly get in the Premier League" it could have gone any way , I also think we could have a bit more luck in other games such as Burnley ,Arsenal , Newcastle and Huddersfield and by up there in 10th , with a decent striker another useful midfielder playmaker on the bench and another full back who knows what could be achieved , imagine if the two near chances against Spurs had gone in ??????????

Great game though ,hopefully we will beat them at home as well ,lovely ugly ground out draw now on Saturday.