+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Adductor injury

Adductor injury

Pulled it a bit on Thursday night, thought it was OK, but buggered it up proper tonight. First time I’ve not finished a game for many, many years, Gutted

Anyone else had this ? How long does it take to get back to normal. Any tips ?

I love playing football and not playing is torture.

Re: Adductor injury

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Pulled it a bit on Thursday night, thought it was OK, but buggered it up proper tonight. First time I’ve not finished a game for many, many years, Gutted

Can't help with your injury but at the end of May I ruptured my quad tendon. Needed surgery, spent 12 weeks in a brace and will take approx 12 months before fully recovered.

I've played 5 aside twice a week for 20 years. But my career is now over.

I scored twice on the night of my injury so I have that memory to take with me and in my time I played on the pitch at Ninian Park, played in a charity game with Andy Legg, Jeff Eckhardt and others as well as hundreds of weeks thinking I could still be a contender.

I hope you get better soon Tim and when you do play again enjoy it.

Tim at your age you should be playing bowls. You ain’t no teenager my darling.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Can't help with your injury but at the end of May I ruptured my quad tendon. Needed surgery, spent 12 weeks in a brace and will take approx 12 months before fully recovered.

I've played 5 aside twice a week for 20 years. But my career is now over.

I scored twice on the night of my injury so I have that memory to take with me and in my time I played on the pitch at Ninian Park, played in a charity game with Andy Legg, Jeff Eckhardt and others as well as hundreds of weeks thinking I could still be a contender.

I hope you get better soon Tim and when you do play again enjoy it.
    That’s gutting Mike , I feel bad for moaning now !

Hope your recovery goes smoothly

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Tim at your age you should be playing bowls. You ain’t no teenager my darling.
    Charming.
    Was told that 2 weeks ago by my taxi driver after a night of 5s and a few beers, ironically when I asked him who he played for , it was a team who had been thrashed a few weeks earlier in a parks game by the lads I played 5s with earlier.

He then told me he was a Man U fan, so I bent his ear about pride in where you come from for the rest of the journey.

Think he was glad to get rid of me

Charming.
    Was told that 2 weeks ago by my taxi driver after a night of 5s and a few beers, ironically when I asked him who he played for , it was a team who had been thrashed a few weeks earlier in a parks game by the lads I played 5s with earlier.

He then told me he was a Man U fan, so I bent his ear about pride in where you come from for the rest of the journey.

Think he was glad to get rid of me
    I hope you gave him a decent tip.

😉

"Support your local team".

How old are you? If you're in your 20s and depending on the severity about 2 - 6 weeks. If you're over 40, take the rest of the season off. Ice it for the first week and than apply heat. Keep it strapped up.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    How old are you? If you're in your 20s and depending on the severity about 2 - 6 weeks. If you're over 40, take the rest of the season off. Ice it for the first week and than apply heat. Keep it strapped up.
    NYCBlue, knowing Tim I’m more concerned about the taxi driver😂😂😂

"Support your local team".
    Very much along those lines.
    Although I’d had a few, so I expect I gave him a few quid

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    NYCBlue, knowing Tim I’m more concerned about the taxi driver😂😂😂
    😂😂 cheers Steve.

Probably best I pretend I’m in my 20s 😉