+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kids in America

Kids in America

No mention so far of what is happening at the US border. There is some audio of many children crying for their parents doing the rounds - I can't face listening to it. Just reading the articles makes me feel sick; children separated from their parents and kept in cages in warehouses with 24 hour light and some bags of crisps, and in some cases no way of finding out where their parents are or if they have been deported.

Here is something hard to stomach that I have seen. Ann Coulter on Fox news (does anyone on here take that network seriously?) accusing them of being child actors, going from scripts given to them by liberals.

https://twitter.com/LevineJonathan/s...26102850797568

Hopefully Trump will change his zero tolerance policy soon. No person with a heart could think this is justifiable.

Re: Kids in America

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    No mention so far of what is happening at the US border. There is some audio of many children crying for their parents doing the rounds - I can't face listening to it. Just reading the articles makes me feel sick; children separated from their parents and kept in cages in warehouses with 24 hour light and some bags of crisps, and in some cases no way of finding out where their parents are or if they have been deported.

Here is something hard to stomach that I have seen. Ann Coulter on Fox news (does anyone on here take that network seriously?) accusing them of being child actors, going from scripts given to them by liberals.

https://twitter.com/LevineJonathan/s...26102850797568

Hopefully Trump will change his zero tolerance policy soon. No person with a heart could think this is justifiable.

Expect a link blaming Geroge Soros or the globalists very soon!

It's an emergency processing centre, their parents have broken the law by entering the USA illegally, i.e. they are criminals. Do you expect them to be put up in 5 star hotels? The numbers of illegal crossings are also up threefold, suggesting somebody is trying to manipulate the situation politically (November elections coming up). Furthermore this is not a Trump law, it was put on the statute by previous administrations, and besides that some of these children may even be victims of trafficking. You are a typical liberal propagandist, why don't you, and people like you do something instead of just talking. Maybe you could sponsor a family and have them come live at your house?

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...st-be-sent-ho/

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/10/fe...rant-families/

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Maybe we wouldn't have these problems if globalism brought material benefits to certain countries, instead of exploiting them for cheap labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's an emergency processing centre, their parents have broken the law by entering the USA illegally, i.e. they are criminals. Do you expect them to be put up in 5 star hotels? The numbers of illegal crossings are also up threefold, suggesting somebody is trying to manipulate the situation politically (November elections coming up). Furthermore this is not a Trump law, it was put on the statute by previous administrations, and besides that some of these children may even be victims of trafficking. You are a typical liberal propagandist, why don't you, and people like you do something instead of just talking. Maybe you could sponsor a family and have them come live at your house?

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...st-be-sent-ho/

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/10/fe...rant-families/
    I thought this thread might flush out some shit from you but fair play, this 10/10 standard.

They're not all entering illegally.

It's a trump policy. There's no law saying families must be separated.

How many of the kids you alleged were child trafficked by Hillary Clinton did you take in? You know, do something instead of talking?

Do you think this is propaganda?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Rather than split them up - you have 2 choices - let families in or reject entry.
    If you accept them - that gives a green light to everybody else to chance their arm - what would happen if a 100,000 turned up ?
    The long answer is - they all need to be identified, checked and processed for entry or rejection.
    So what has changed in the last few months? This wasn't happening before.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    It didn't take long. Unsurprisingly, because Trump is doing it, it's ok.

It didn't take long. Unsurprisingly, because Trump is doing it, it's ok.
    I just knew that certain posters would try and justify it. Feckin unbelievable

I thought this thread might flush out some shit from you but fair play, this 10/10 standard.

They're not all entering illegally.

It's a trump policy. There's no law saying families must be separated.

How many of the kids you alleged were child trafficked by Hillary Clinton did you take in? You know, do something instead of talking?

Do you think this is propaganda?

Very good tweet here.

https://twitter.com/stonekettle/stat...594373120?s=21

This county is heading the same way. If you are poor sick or disabled, you are fecked. Whose turn is it next?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    I just knew that certain posters would try and justify it. Feckin unbelievable
    Why not just let in a few hundred million families hey, that should solve the problem These people are being used as a political football by the left, which is quite dispicable. Are you against the rule of law? Or only when Trump is the one upholding the rule of law

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Rather than split them up - you have 2 choices - let families in or reject entry.
    If you accept them - that gives a green light to everybody else to chance their arm - what would happen if a 100,000 turned up ?
    The long answer is - they all need to be identified, checked and processed for entry or rejection.
    I don't usually agree with you, but you are spot on here. The alternative is the destruction of all western countries if you allow an open border policy.

Why not just let in a few hundred million families hey, that should solve the problem These people are being used as a political football by the left, which is quite dispicable. Are you against the rule of law? Or only when Trump is the one upholding the rule of law
    Who said anything about letting hundreds of millions of family in????????????????? What has this got to do with the left???????????????????

I’m a human being and I care about other human beings. Terrified children in cages separated from their parents, inhumane. The Nazis started like this

Who said anything about letting hundreds of millions of family in????????????????? What has this got to do with the left???????????????????
    How do you intend to stop them without any deterrents? It has a lot to do with the left, as they are the ones making political capital out of the situation.

How do you intend to stop them without any deterrents? It has a lot to do with the left, as they are the ones making political capital out of the situation.
    You can start by stopping the children having acting lessons. Is this your wife or girlfriend?

https://twitter.com/levinejonathan/s...850797568?s=21

You can start by stopping the children having acting lessons. Is this your wife or girlfriend?

https://twitter.com/levinejonathan/s...850797568?s=21
    The solution is to improve other countries, not take advantage of them. We should be thinking about bringing them up to our level instead of exploiting them.

I’m a human being and I care about other human beings. Terrified children in cages separated from their parents, inhumane. The Nazis started like this
    Unfortunately, that's how this poster operates. He deflects, distracts, does anything to avoid criticism of Trump (even if it means defending the indefensible), turns things into right vs left and democrat vs republican (as if any of us here are democrats or republicans).
    The 'why don't you take some kids in even though you live on a different continent' comment is the perfect example.

It makes it hard to have sensible discussion in the politics forum. But the alternative is getting browbeaten into silence by inanity, and this is such a horrible event that it deserves to be discussed even if we can't do anything to change it.

One of Trump's many tweets made in the last half hour:

Democrats are the problem. They don’t care about crime and want illegal immigrants, no matter how bad they may be, to pour into and infest our Country, like MS-13. They can’t win on their terrible policies, so they view them as potential voters!

More Fox propaganda.

Laura Ingraham calls child detention centers "essentially summer camps"

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/s...94192175800321

The left making political capital out of the situation.

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/sta...53250983776256

It's tragic and shocking to see innocent children caged like animals at US migrant camps and to hear their cries of anguish after being forcibly separated from their parents. It's immoral and goes against fundamental human rights we must always respect, no matter the situation.

Ooh, this is awkward because you like Corbyn.

Unfortunately, that's how this poster operates. He deflects, distracts, does anything to avoid criticism of Trump (even if it means defending the indefensible), turns things into right vs left and democrat vs republican (as if any of us here are democrats or republicans).
    The 'why don't you take some kids in even though you live on a different continent' comment is the perfect example.

It makes it hard to have sensible discussion in the politics forum. But the alternative is getting browbeaten into silence by inanity, and this is such a horrible event that it deserves to be discussed even if we can't do anything to change it.
    What a load of tripe, I don't have any preference for right or left, I just look at the policies. In fact, I would like to see the end of red v blue. I see people like Trump having more in common with Corbyn, as opposed to Obama, Bush, Blair, Clinton, Cameron, etc., who all play on the same team.

A question for lardy, what is the total number children involved, how many children were accompanied by a parent, and how many were unaccompanied. Thanks.

A question for lardy, what is the total number children involved, how many children were accompanied by a parent, and how many were unaccompanied. Thanks.
    “2,000 children separated from their parents in six weeks. Babies ripped from parents' arms. Tent cities. Mass trials. Suicides. Reports about what's happening to children and families who arrive at the US-Mexico border have shocked many, from White House reporters to conservative religious leaders.

A Honduran woman told attorneys that her daughter was pulled from her as she was breastfeeding. After being separated from his wife and 3-year-old son, a Honduran man took his own life in a Texas jail cell.

Colleen Kraft, the president of the American Academy for Pediatrics, recently described seeing a blotchy-faced toddler sobbing and pounding on a playmat, terrified because she'd been forcibly separated from her mother.“

But it doesn’t matter they are not human beings they are beings from another world. That’s how the Nazis started.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8405901.html

“2,000 children separated from their parents in six weeks. Babies ripped from parents' arms. Tent cities. Mass trials. Suicides. Reports about what's happening to children and families who arrive at the US-Mexico border have shocked many, from White House reporters to conservative religious leaders.

A Honduran woman told attorneys that her daughter was pulled from her as she was breastfeeding. After being separated from his wife and 3-year-old son, a Honduran man took his own life in a Texas jail cell.

Colleen Kraft, the president of the American Academy for Pediatrics, recently described seeing a blotchy-faced toddler sobbing and pounding on a playmat, terrified because she'd been forcibly separated from her mother.“

But it doesn’t matter they are not human beings they are beings from another world. That’s how the Nazis started.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8405901.html
    I know it's an emotional issue, but what is your solution if and when people start turning up in the tens and hundreds of thousands, or even in the millions from all around the world? How if 50,000 people turned up in Cardiff illegally? What is the end game? Personally I don't think an emotional solution will solve the problem. As we can see in Germany, opening up the borders hasn't worked out well.

As much as I dislike what is happening in the world, you need workable solutions, and you can't ignore the political points scoring going on either. BTW What do you think about abortion? Millions of babies have been separated from their parents by having their lives terminated on a whim. Who is crying for them?