+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Theresa May faces 'show trial' by Tory MPs' and told to "bring your own noose"

Re: Theresa May faces 'show trial' by Tory MPs' and told to "bring your own noose"

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Not firmed up at this stage yet then. Not that a metaphor should be alarming.
    Ban metaphors, they are not snowflake friendly!

Re: Theresa May faces 'show trial' by Tory MPs' and told to "bring your own noose"

Not firmed up at this stage yet then. Not that a metaphor should be alarming.
    Easy to say until someone somewhere takes what is written, absorbs it literally and then stabs an MP in the street. If I said that at work I would be disciplined.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Ban metaphors, they are not snowflake friendly!
    There is a difference between criticising people for doing/saying something and wanting to ban them from doing/saying it.

I know that is a hard concept to comprehend when you spend the majority of your time floating face down in the overdramatic cesspit that is US politics but please try.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Easy to say until someone somewhere takes what is written, absorbs it literally and then stabs an MP in the street. If I said that at work I would be disciplined.
    Just ban all language and get it over and done with. No more reading, writing or speaking, that's your utopian dream right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Just ban all language and get it over and done with. No more reading, writing or speaking, that's your utopian dream right?
    k

Whoever said it was stupid and if this was in any other place of public sector work the chances are they’d be disciplined heavily.

The fact it’s one of those charlatans in Westminster means sadly the normal rules of professional standards don’t apply.

the overdramatic cesspit that is US politics
    It's a previously unseen glimse into what is really going on in the world, so I'm not sure why you are taking such a negative view of it.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    k

Whoever said it was stupid and if this was in any other place of public sector work the chances are they’d be disciplined heavily.

The fact it’s one of those charlatans in Westminster means sadly the normal rules of professional standards don’t apply.
    I agree, in a PC world he should have said bring your own pen and paper to write your resignation letter.

Is there any evidence that the lunatic involved was pushed to be a murderer due to a metaphor? I was hoping that we would hammer Fulham last Saturday....

Is there any evidence that the lunatic involved was pushed to be a murderer due to a metaphor? I was hoping that we would hammer Fulham last Saturday....
    Jesus! What a thing to say

The difference is nobody is interested in anything we say. It can be dangerous for a person or organisation with reach and influence to operate with the same attitude, for instance the daily mail 'enemies of the people' cover is wrong. I genuinely can't think of a good reason for that headline or for the language used about May recently.

Also, don't be fooled by Wales-Bales chuntering away in the background about people wanting to ban words, this isn't what this is about. We are talking about common decency and shared values, something politicians and the media in Britain like to spend half their life sounding off about but rarely consider when opening their mouths or picking up a pen.

The difference is nobody is interested in anything we say. It can be dangerous for a person or organisation with reach and influence to operate with the same attitude, for instance the daily mail 'enemies of the people' cover is wrong. I genuinely can't think of a good reason for that headline or for the language used about May recently.

Also, don't be fooled by Wales-Bales chuntering away in the background about people wanting to ban words, this isn't what this is about. We are talking about common decency and shared values, something politicians and the media in Britain like to spend half their life sounding off about but rarely consider when opening their mouths or picking up a pen.
    The fence sitter fooling someone.....yeah, right!

I am not influenced by WB nor the Daily Mail. I just think that in this particular case a mountain in being made from a linguistic molehill.

More in common than that which divides us?

I am not influenced by WB nor the Daily Mail. I just think that in this particular case a mountain in being made from a linguistic molehill.
    I'd think less of you if you were