+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Theresa May faces 'show trial' by Tory MPs' and told to "bring your own noose"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Theresa May faces 'show trial' by Tory MPs' and told to "bring your own noose"

God what an awful , place to be , I'm sure we will get all the anti Tory /May score points brigade ,who say its ALL her hr fault well is it ,the clue is in the all ?

Re: Theresa May faces 'show trial' by Tory MPs' and told to "bring your own noose"

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    God what an awful , place to be , I'm sure we will get all the anti Tory /May score points brigade ,who say its ALL her hr fault well is it ,the clue is in the all ?
    Nobody thinks that's acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Not quite sure what it is but assuming you mean where the country is on Brexit then I don't think you can blame May fully for calling the referendum in the first place as that was David Cameron.

You also can't blame her for the behaviour of a large swathe of her backbenchers and ex-ministers for the way they have defined the Brexit vote as meaning only the version of Brexit that they hold dear and for vilifying anyone in government or out who offers alternative views of what the best Brexit is for the country.

You can blame her for:

Triggering Article 50 before any meaningful strategic or detailed planning had commenced on how the two year period would be managed;
    Calling a general election that took three months out of that timeline and campaigning in such a negative way that it weakened her position both with Parliament, Government and her own party having to rely on the DUP to maintain a meaningful majority and prone to making concessions to them;
    Setting an unnecessary set of red lines in the negotiations on the customs union, single market and the role of the ECJ that either boxed negotiators in or allowed her to look weak when they were tempered;
    Signing up to the NI border backstop in December 2107;
    Crafting the Chequers proposal as her blueprint for the way forward that had the unique ability of uniting Remainers, Brexiteers and the EU in its rejection;
    Alienating the EU with a strategy of trying to by-pass its negotiating team in the hope of picking off individual governments resulting in her humiliation at Salzburg.

Wasn't it Harry Truman who had something on his desk that stated "the buck stops here". Given she has been Prime Minister for all but a few days since the Brexit vote who do you think should get most of the blame?