+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mail On Line

Mail On Line

What a pathetic write up on City v Fulham, especially City's style of play

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-best-way.html

Re: Mail On Line

A lot of the match reports I have read are equally ignorant and lazy.

It fits with a template story that has Cardiff bullying other teams with legitimate pressing and illegitimate fouling (not backed by the evidence) and taking direct play into the cartoon version that is made up of aimless long kicks, long throws into the box and a reliance on set pieces so that our aggressive big lads can dominate the 'proper footballers' on the other side.

Of course we are more direct than a lot of teams, but all of our goals against Fulham came from open play, including the Bobby Reid goal. With Camarasa, Arter, Murphy and Reid in the side we have been playing plenty of direct but 'proper' football ourselves. But for that to be acknowledged in the match reports the reporters would have to do some work - like watch the game!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    A lot of the match reports I have read are equally ignorant and lazy.

It fits with a template story that has Cardiff bullying other teams with legitimate pressing and illegitimate fouling (not backed by the evidence) and taking direct play into the cartoon version that is made up of aimless long kicks, long throws into the box and a reliance on set pieces so that our aggressive big lads can dominate the 'proper footballers' on the other side.

Of course we are more direct than a lot of teams, but all of our goals against Fulham came from open play, including the Bobby Reid goal. With Camarasa, Arter, Murphy and Reid in the side we have been playing plenty of direct but 'proper' football ourselves. But for that to be acknowledged in the match reports the reporters would have to do some work - like watch the game!
    As I have said in another thread Tony Cascarino in the Times today said that we played a skilful, passing and pacey game. First time I've seen anything like that written this season.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    As I have said in another thread Tony Cascarino in the Times today said that we played a skilful, passing and pacey game. First time I've seen anything like that written this season.

Fulham weren’t shy of whacking it toward Mitrovic either.

Luckily he’s no Callum Patterson 😂

I don't think half of these journalists are at the game best to stick with the best write up in town in my view

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

We outplayed Fulham in every aspect. As Jon says, with players like Reid, Murphy, Camarasa etc we can pass the ball around in triangles and play around and through teams. Despite Fulham fans calling us "a rabble", most admitted to us playing good stuff on that hilarious video.

Just put this in a different thread but this one is more valid

Talksport had a premier league round up the other night ( possibly sunday teatime as I was driving to work) with Dean Saunders and some newspaper guy who's name escapes me. They spoke in supposed detail of how we'd hassled Fulham with constant diagonal balls into the corners and set piece thuggery. I spent the whole section thinking have you 2 arseholes even watched the highlights of this match that you are meant to be expertly summarising. Lazy lazy journalism at its finest.