+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Camarasa’s best position?

Camarasa’s best position?

Undoubtedly his best game on Saturday.
    My son believes that he should be playing in the centre of midfield rather than wide.
    In the Canton end of the Ninian stand we had the benefit in the second half of seeing his silky skills playing down the right. Sometimes he’s on the left.

Where should he play?

Re: Camarasa’s best position?

He plays well wherever he plays, but I too feel he should be in a midfield three. But it seems to be working at the moment with him win the right....better than having Hoilett there.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    My son believes that he should be playing in the centre of midfield rather than wide.
    In the Canton end of the Ninian stand we had the benefit in the second half of seeing his silky skills playing down the right. Sometimes he’s on the left.

Where should he play?
    At the moment, where he is. With Reid off Paterson, we've now got plenty of numbers in the midfield, and they're all hard workers. If you play Camarasa in the middle, you detract from him or Reid, which we can't afford to do.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post

Where should he play?
    I agree with your son and think he could do well in a number ten type role, but Decordova-Reid put in a strong case for that position on Saturday and I think Camarasa will probably stay where he is for now - with him and Manga on the right side of the pitch, there doesn't seem to be a lot of attacking threat down that side, but all three goals we've scored at the Canton End in our last two games have come from crosses from that side with the often criticised Bruno providing two of the assists.

The real issue here is should the more skillful players be in the centre or the right? It's the former for me. As Camarasa is by far the most creative of our midfielders he should play in the centre even though he plays well on the right. He has been such a good signing it seems incredible to me that he can't secure a place in the Real Betis squad. If they think so lowly of him we should put in a cheeky bid in January.

I have to disagree with the comments about Bobby Reid. He is far too lightweight for me and gets brushed off the ball too easily meaning his main outball is to pass the ball backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    At the moment, where he is. With Reid off Paterson, we've now got plenty of numbers in the midfield, and they're all hard workers. If you play Camarasa in the middle, you detract from him or Reid, which we can't afford to do.
    This was the solution I proposed back in August, which Neil later implemented, but I didn't see Patterson as the centre forward!

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The real issue here is should the more skillful players be in the centre or the right? It's the former for me. As Camarasa is by far the most creative of our midfielders he should play in the centre even though he plays well on the right. He has been such a good signing it seems incredible to me that he can't secure a place in the Real Betis squad. If they think so lowly of him we should put in a cheeky bid in January.

I have to disagree with the comments about Bobby Reid. He is far too lightweight for me and gets brushed off the ball too easily meaning his main outball is to pass the ball backwards.
    When did he get brushed off the ball on Saturday? I watched the game back and if you do, the amount of times he keeps possession, wins it back etc is brilliant. He played really well and took his goal superbly. Camarasa could become bogged down in the middle, he's got a bit more freedom out wide. He's hardly playing as a winger also. We've hit a system that works, I don't think we should be too eager to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post

Camarasa out right is replacing a winger, so you need somebody with good distribution, and he's the man. Going through the middle would be less effective as there is more traffic. We have a good balance with Murphy on the left, Camarasa on the right, and Reid playing behind the striker. That leaves Arter and Gunnar in central midfield to battle for possession and get the ball into the channels.

I don't get all this rubbish towards Reid. He is a top top player and is only going to get better. My only criticism of him is I want to see him believe in himself. Run at people more rather than pass because more often than not he has the beating of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    When did he get brushed off the ball on Saturday? I watched the game back and if you do, the amount of times he keeps possession, wins it back etc is brilliant. He played really well and took his goal superbly. Camarasa could become bogged down in the middle, he's got a bit more freedom out wide. He's hardly playing as a winger also. We've hit a system that works, I don't think we should be too eager to change it.
    Agree with this.

Ideally he'd be our 10, but Reid works so hard, and Paterson could really work well with Reid i feel, and this kind of asymmetrical 4-4-2 / 4-3-3 works so we should stick with him down the right. If Bruno can work on more consistent deliveries, we'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I don't get all this rubbish towards Reid. He is a top top player and is only going to get better. My only criticism of him is I want to see him believe in himself. Run at people more rather than pass because more often than not he has the beating of them.
    I agree. I don't buy into all this "easily brushed off the ball" talk. I think, as any new addition to a team, he wanted to be a bit cautious at first. Hopefully, now that he has got off the mark, he'll take a bit more on himself. A good player, who works very hard.

He could have me in any position he pleases

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    He plays well wherever he plays, but I too feel he should be in a midfield three. But it seems to be working at the moment with him win the right....better than having Hoilett there.
    Agreed. Didn’t we only sign Hoilett to a one year deal? That’s looking like shrewd work. Sadly it looks like we’ve seen his best days

Best we leave our winning formula alone,he's a classy player, if he goes into nos 10 ,we would have an inferior replacement out wide , he is enjoying the role as well and is comfortable there . I'm sure after our one nil win at Liverpool ,we will all agree on his role .

The pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Agreed. Didn’t we only sign Hoilett to a one year deal? That’s looking like shrewd work. Sadly it looks like we’ve seen his best days
    No - 3 year deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44614641

I don't know about the rest of you, but I felt confident every time Camarasa was on the ball.

As for his position? Anywhere other than Keeper. I think he ran on every blade of grass on Saturday.

Ideally you would like him in the middle but imo the balance isn’t there for him to play there he’s still having a major impact on the right as he almost has a free role and can come inside if he chooses to my only concern with him out on the right is manga playing RB although he’s done nothing wrong I would prefer someone with more pace to cover that extra bit of ground if victor does wonder inside