+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Fulham Game

The Fulham Game

It’s like it’s gone down in folklore already, the number of people I’ve spoken to over the last couple days who are revelling in it. Thinking about it myself it’s quickly become one of my favourite occasions down the City (not just a game but an occasion). I’d like to think that it’ll become one of those ‘I was there’ games, to many ( I know there are still a few who witnessed wins in the old division one, I missed out by a few months, my first game was our opener in the 62/63 season) it’s their first proper win in the top flight after the last rebrand fiasco. The atmosphere is a million times better than during the red disaster, can’t let it go now, just got to hope this is the start of something special, it could be y’know. It was only Fulham but you’ve got to start somewhere and I prefer it that we made them look shite through our efforts rather than them being a poor outfit. Looking forward to the weekend now, you never know👍👍👍

Re: The Fulham Game

There was definitely something in the air on Saturday. Yes one of those "I was there days" felt good when I saw the selection and my feelings were proved right by the way we went about the game. In their faces from the off.

Yes our group felt the occasion was special,it was great to see folks smiling after the game

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It’s like it’s gone down in folklore already, the number of people I’ve spoken to over the last couple days who are revelling in it. Thinking about it myself it’s quickly become one of my favourite occasions down the City (not just a game but an occasion). I’d like to think that it’ll become one of those ‘I was there’ games, to many ( I know there are still a few who witnessed wins in the old division one, I missed out by a few months, my first game was our opener in the 62/63 season) it’s their first proper win in the top flight after the last rebrand fiasco. The atmosphere is a million times better than during the red disaster, can’t let it go now, just got to hope this is the start of something special, it could be y’know. It was only Fulham but you’ve got to start somewhere and I prefer it that we made them look shite through our efforts rather than them being a poor outfit. Looking forward to the weekend now, you never know������
    Straight after the game in the pub I said "This was probably one of my favourite City games ever."

So it seems I was not alone.

There was a definite sense of the players feeling they now belong at this level and are actually capable of being properly competitive. I hadn't really sensed that yet this season until Saturday. Let's see if they can retain that feeling against Liverpool. If they do then I think we might cause a bit of a surprise.

I said to my mate stood next to me at the game within 20 mins that it feels like every player, Warnock and the fanbase have said.. right our season starts today.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I said to my mate stood next to me at the game within 20 mins that it feels like every player, Warnock and the fanbase have said.. right our season starts today.
    Except our season started 8 games prior to that and we only took 2 points from the other teams below us.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Except our season started 8 games prior to that and we only took 2 points from the other teams below us.
    You're right, we should chuck it in now.

That’s the spirit.

Our season started 8 games after everyone, and we're not in the bottom 3.

We've had a truly awful set of fixtures and we're still alive and kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    There was a definite sense of the players feeling they now belong at this level and are actually capable of being properly competitive. I hadn't really sensed that yet this season until Saturday. Let's see if they can retain that feeling against Liverpool. If they do then I think we might cause a bit of a surprise.
    Fulham were one of the worst teams in the Championship according to some, so we really need to beat a genuine bottom six contender

Jesus Christ you're miserable

I've always felt we could compete and that game proved it.Our advantage over the clubs below us is we are largely a together club and they are not.Even if we get torn a new one by Liverpool we have shown we can compete.

Why are you always such a c*nt?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Jesus Christ you're miserable
    Not just me who thinks this then.

So we’ve taken 5 points from the 3 games against teams below us.

That’s not too bad

Yep. I agree. For me the game ranked alongside the Leeds game for sure and was definitely the finest game of football I have seen at the new Stadium in terms of the occasion. It might have been only Fulham but there is a side who invested £100m on players and we played them off the park. More pleasing is that fans, the manager and the Board are now at one unlike the previous era; and the fact the media and bookies have us as favourites for relegation is another factor in binding us all together. Even if we get relegated we can look forward to the future with a degree of optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    So we’ve taken 5 points from the 3 games against teams below us.

That’s not too bad
    He should be NYCBlues, he seems to constantly have them over The City 🤗

Jesus what a bunch of ****ing cry babies.

Uh? We’re the ones who are trying to be a bit upbeat & positive, it’s you who’s dampened the thread with tears & doubt. Be happy, The City won, played well, football is, at the moment for us, a week to week game and this week has been our best week so far this season, embrace it with us, don’t knock it👍

The irony here is you crying about everyone calling out how much of a miserable c*nt you are

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The irony here is you crying about everyone calling out how much of a miserable c*nt you are
    I'm neither crying nor being miserable. I'm just calling it as I see it. I'm glad we won. I hope we stay up. But saying "our season starts now" is ****ing ridiculous. Our season started on August 11th and we weren't ready. That's a a fact. If you don't want to hear it, put me on ignore. It will still be a fact though.

5 points from the teams below us

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Straight after the game in the pub I said "This was probably one of my favourite City games ever."

So it seems I was not alone.

FFS.....First home game I have missed in years . I normally check the fixtures when anything comes up in the football season... I didn't and this happens ..
    I was climbing a wee mountain in Scotland if anyone is interested.

I'm neither crying nor being miserable. I'm just calling it as I see it. I'm glad we won. I hope we stay up. But saying "our season starts now" is ****ing ridiculous. Our season started on August 11th and we weren't ready. That's a a fact. If you don't want to hear it, put me on ignore. It will still be a fact though.
    You don’t seem to understand the difference between literally and metaphorically.