+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: V12 Finance Question

V12 Finance Question

I want to purchase an item that is just under a grand through V12 Finance but don't have a very good credit history, as I defaulted on a utility nearly three years ago, but have been very good since then in terms of not missing any payment whatsoever.

I was fortunate to buy my season ticket outright this year with a tax rebate, so didn't go through V12.

Have any of you been approved for finance with a dodgy credit history?

Re: V12 Finance Question

Credit History is just one aspect when a lender looks at the risk appetite for a potential loan.

It depends on what you are buying as well as other things.

My suggestion would be to make the application, and then if you are turned down you can appeal to their underwriting dept to provide circumstances that back up your application.

Whatever you DO NOT LIE on the application to try and get credit.

My credit is fine but got turned down with this lot this year; despite having finance with them the year before.

I spoke to them to see if it was a mistake but apparently the way they assess your application has recently changed and that the decision was correct; but couldn't expand as to why!!

Ended up just buying the season tickets outright.

try paypal credit, interest free for 4 months then they charge interest not sure of rate,you can pay every month!
    Also I was turned down with v12, for my season ticket but phoned them up and they reversed the decision

Feedback

have a look at your credit file first before you apply, because you can significantly improve our credit score by tidying up your account (closing accounts you forgot you had that have credit limits attached to them is one such way).

if you defaulted on the utility but then paid it, this will show as settled, if you didn't and had a CCJ, then it depends on whether you settled it or not.

Thanks to all of you for your advice. I managed to get finance from them.

I suppose paying off this finance will help my credit history too.