+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Football League Alcohol Ban

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Football League Alcohol Ban

I may be in a minority here but why not let people decide what they want rather than what the nanny state tells you to have. Maybe that is the rebel in me that thinks this. But I have been all over Europe and been to a fair number of sporting and non-sporting events and there doesn't seem to be the justification to supress people in doing what they want within reason like there is in the UK. The cynic in me sees the ban on doing what we want relates directly to the amount of 'security staff' to enforce these rules. Someone is coining it in by making these rules to stop people being able to choose to do what they like. Within reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    I may be in a minority here but why not let people decide what they want rather than what the nanny state tells you to have. Maybe that is the rebel in me that thinks this. But I have been all over Europe and been to a fair number of sporting and non-sporting events and there doesn't seem to be the justification to supress people in doing what they want within reason like there is in the UK. The cynic in me sees the ban on doing what we want relates directly to the amount of 'security staff' to enforce these rules. Someone is coining it in by making these rules to stop people being able to choose to do what they like. Within reason.
    I don't think this is 'nanny-state' thinking.

You don't take beer into a theatre, do you?
    There's no need for it whilst watching the game.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post

People take wine in - I have seen it. A few cinemas now have a bar and you can take your drink in to the auditorium. Not that much different than a sporting event?

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    People take wine in - I have seen it. A few cinemas now have a bar and you can take your drink in to the auditorium. Not that much different than a sporting event?
    Absolutely, I remember the crowd all jumping around and spilling their champagne every where when Pavarotti sang Nessun Dorma at the Opera House, and no one complained at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post

Not a regular theatre-goer, but definitely had a beer while watching something in the theatre