+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Broadband dongles or similar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: O/T Broadband dongles or similar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    Sorry I am bothering you but the advice I have asked for in the past has been perfect. I am moving from an area with Tortoise slow Broadband to an area with fibre and a speed of 76MBPS and would like some advice on the best dongle to get. Bear in mind I am 70 and need to be able to handle it.
    Cheers boys. Bluebirds for a Draw with Liverpool .
    76 Meg is a decent speed, you will not really need a Dongle ( unless you mean a wifi dongle for your PC ), just choose a provider, i guess the 76 Meg line is with BT ( as that is one of the Infinity speeds ( though it might not be quiet that quick )) , they will send you everything you need, a router which will plug into your phone line, you will then connect to that with either a Cat 5 cable or wifi

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    76 Meg is a decent speed, you will not really need a Dongle ( unless you mean a wifi dongle for your PC ), just choose a provider, i guess the 76 Meg line is with BT ( as that is one of the Infinity speeds ( though it might not be quiet that quick )) , they will send you everything you need, a router which will plug into your phone line, you will then connect to that with either a Cat 5 cable or wifi
    Thanks for the reply Matt , maybe I was not using the correct term. I wanted the plug in that gives you extra channels, sport etc.

Thanks for the reply Matt , maybe I was not using the correct term. I wanted the plug in that gives you extra channels, sport etc.
    That would be an android box eg mx2 or similar,

Legit Channels ? ?? So Firestick, Nowtv stick

Or not so legit ( shall we call it " grey area " ) as Igovernor said, android box / stick

someone on here was going a IPTV line, people speak highly of it