Thread: FT: LIVERPOOL 4 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

FT: LIVERPOOL 4 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Saturday 3pm

Let the build up commence

Referee: Stuart Attwell
    Assistants: Constantine Hatzidakis, Adrian Holmes
    Fourth official: Craig Pawson

Re: LIVERPOOL v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hopefully see the exact same starting team as last weekend start, they certainly deserve to go together as a unit for one or two games. A very hard one to plan for I imagine, sit back and get accused of being naive and inevitably getting picked off, or give it our best shot and give it a real go, and potentially leave us open to an absolute pasting.

We've lost our last 4 against Liverpool, our last win being at Anfield in 1959. Our last draw against them was even further back, in November of 1927, which there has been 19 games since. Liverpool have won their last 7 home games against promoted sides. Think I'll put a tenner on the draw.

5 in midfield

I know too many Mickey Mouse scousers would love to put one over on them

Would love to frustrate those scouse f’ckers.
    Thankfully my close friends are either Cardiff fans or don’t follow football so I won’t have to put up with any plastic shite.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I know too many Mickey Mouse scousers would love to put one over on them
    I hate em , and there boarded up City ,and the Beatles, Ken Dodd, Tarbuck, Cilla ,Boardman,Les Dennis, John Bishop,oh and the awful Paul O'
    Grady

I'm a great Paterson fan and as well as he played last weekend I don't think this game is for him. Van Dijk is the best around and I wouldn't bank on Pato getting his head to many this time and Lovren has returned to top form as well.

The only way to start this time is with Reid up front and with Murphy and Hoilett as the wide men in a 5-man midfield. Defend like hell and try to hit them with the speedy boys who all prefer the ball at their feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    I'm a great Paterson fan and as well as he played last weekend I don't think this game is for him. Van Dijk is the best around and I wouldn't bank on Pato getting his head to many this time and Lovren has returned to top form as well.

The only way to start this time is with Reid up front and with Murphy and Hoilett as the wide men in a 5-man midfield. Defend like hell and try to hit them with the speedy boys who all prefer the ball at their feet.
    I think Patterson will give as good he gets it would be tough to leave him out,perhaps he play's as part of the 5 at the top of a diamond shape ?

Got a bad feeling that Salah's coming into form at the wrong time for us

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Got a bad feeling that Salah's coming into form at the wrong time for us
    Someone needs to accidentally fall on his shoulder.

Just watched the video of his press conference on the club website and Neil Warnock says we are going to have to make at least one change tomorrow, he also says that we may have to put one of the kids on the bench. So, it sounds like one of last week's starting line up is definitely out and there are a few other injury doubts.

So thinking of who went off last week then I am wondering if it is Gunnar who went off last week who is out ? With Warnock saying there is a doubt on Arter And Ralls suspended/injured then Damour would have to start meaning James Waite maybe making the bench ?

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    So thinking of who went off last week then I am wondering if it is Gunnar who went off last week who is out ? With Warnock saying there is a doubt on Arter And Ralls suspended/injured then Damour would have to start meaning James Waite maybe making the bench ?
    I don't think it's Gunnar, because Warnock was talking in terms of us still only being in a position where we can get 60 to 70 minutes out of him. You mention Arter - I reckon there's a chance it might be him, because I think the worst scenario for City would be for Arter to play tomorrow and get booked, thereby missing the Leicester match. The Leicester game has to take priority over the Liverpool one for me and I think the best way I can put it is that City would not be as bothered about the prospect of Arter missing out through injury tomorrow as they would be this time next week. If Arter gets that fifth booking against Leicester and has to miss out against Brighton, then at least there's the chance that Ralls could be fit again after serving his suspension.

It seems to be Murphy, and possibly Arter too, who is out as NW is talking of starting Kadeem. Murphy was holding his shoulder before he went off v Fulham

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think Patterson will give as good he gets it would be tough to leave him out,perhaps he play's as part of the 5 at the top of a diamond shape ?
    I think Paterson is essential tomorrow. You don't need to always win the header to make a nuisance of yourself. I'd also back him to win as many headers as van Dijk based on what I've seen so far. Paterson is quite remarkable in both his timing and the height he is able to achieve off the ground

Camarasa back in the centre then. A good line up though.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Moreno, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Substitutes: Mignolet, Matip, Gomez, Robertson, Milner, Shaqiri, Sturridge.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Camarasa back in the centre then. A good line up though.
    Not ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Not ideal.
    No but we’re not expecting anything from today are we?
    Leicester next week is far more important.

Get down the flanks and get it in the box. Simple. They don’t stand a chance. Cmon city.

COME ON CITY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Get down the flanks and get it in the box. Simple. They don’t stand a chance. Cmon city.
    Quite agree. Paterson hat-trick I reckon...

Here we go