+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lunchtime away games quiz

Lunchtime away games quiz

For all questions, all league and cup games in the Football League pyramid are included, not Welsh cup, European, Southern League etc.

1. At which 5 teams have we played most away matches?

2. Of all the teams we've played more than 5 times, which is the only side we have failed to beat away from home?

3. Against which 3 teams do we have a win record of 50% or better on our travels?

4. Against which 5 teams do we have our worst away records?

5. Of all teams in the current Premier League, against which 3 do we have our best away records and against which 3 do we have our worst?

Re: Lunchtime away games quiz

Jesus Wept, that question must have taken some serious research.

Ive no idea of any of em but would guess Huddersfield may feature somewhere in either Q1 or Q5.

Yes I do realise this is a pathetic attempt

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Jesus Wept, that question must have taken some serious research.

Ive no idea of any of em but would guess Huddersfield may feature somewhere in either Q1 or Q5.

Yes I do realise this is a pathetic attempt
    It's a reply at least!

Thought I might have had a guess or two though.

It would take a very long lunchtime to sort those out. Anyway I reckon Halifax and Scunthorpe would figure in question 3 with maybe Liverpool. Rotherham would be one of the answers to question 4 with perhaps Blackpool, Huddersfield, QPR and Norwich maybe.

I'd go Peterborough for question 2, but just a huge guess

I thought reading the headline it was a quiz about away games that have kicked off at lunch time. I suppose these days there are loads, but I was expecting the game at Stockport where Steve Jenkins swallowed his tongue to be the question or answer. Or losing in Division 4 at Cheltenham when Grayson scored a hat trick for them. Haven't got a clue about the answers to the real questions though sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by BINGE THINKING View Post
    It would take a very long lunchtime to sort those out. Anyway I reckon Halifax and Scunthorpe would figure in question 3 with maybe Liverpool. Rotherham would be one of the answers to question 4 with perhaps Blackpool, Huddersfield, QPR and Norwich maybe.
    Question 3 spot on! Well done. Halifax, Scunthorpe and Liverpool (our record at Anfield is won 8, lost 8).

Norwich is right for question 4.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I'd go Peterborough for question 2, but just a huge guess
    Worth a guess, but no. Our record at Peterborough is our 2nd worst.

Answers:

1. Preston (46), Bristol City (45), Burnley Bolton (41), Leyton Orient (40, including when they were just Orient).

2. Barnet (8 visits, 3 draws, 5 defeats).

3. Halifax (56%), Scunthorpe (53%), Liverpool (50%).

4. Barnet, Peterborough, Norwich, Man City, Newcastle

5. Best 3: Liverpool, Fulham, Wolves. Worst 3: Newcastle, West Ham, Man City

Wigan for question 4