+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Drinking at the match

Drinking at the match

I love a beer before and after the footie, and half time if I'm in the mood but this

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/efl-chai...matches-205679

would be a terrible idea. People constantly in and out for lagers and toilet, people hammered, it's already causing problems at the rugby. Personally I think leave as is

Re: Drinking at the match

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I love a beer before and after the footie, and half time if I'm in the mood but this

would be a terrible idea. People constantly in and out for lagers and toilet, people hammered, it's already causing problems at the rugby. Personally I think leave as is
    df

Agree, the rugby is a nightmare with people constantly back and fore for beer and the toilet. I enjoy a pint before the game and occasionally one afterwards but can quite well manage the 90 minutes without a beer

Drinking at the game would be a nightmare. Beer everywhere when we score, getting up and down for the full bladder brigade and no chanting or clapping anymore well not with a pint of beer in your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

Leave it as it is, you just have to look at rugby and cricket (thankfully cricket is stop start already) to see it would be a nonstop stream of people popping out for a pint.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    Drinking at the game would be a nightmare. Beer everywhere when we score, getting up and down for the full bladder brigade and no chanting or clapping anymore well not with a pint of beer in your hand.
    Safe standing will stop that, it'll be rivers of pi55 on the terraces.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Safe standing will stop that, it'll be rivers of pi55 on the terraces.
    Perfect.

Might not be such a good look on level 3 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Perfect.

Might not be such a good look on level 3 though.
    Worse for those below the top tiers.

Leave it as it is. Have a pint before the game, after the game and at half time if you must

Given that the fad of chucking your pint in the air when there's a goal was born this summer, it would be a terrible time to introduce this.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Given that the fad of chucking your pint in the air when there's a goal was born this summer, it would be a terrible time to introduce this.
    That really pisses me off, what a waste of beer!

For Wales and some of England's goals it was understandable and organic, but doing it at 4-0 against Panama? Obviously just doing it to show people how "mental" you are

Best left as is it works okay now , unfortunately humans have a tendency too not behaviour well in drink, and I'm pretty sure we would have booze everywhere, chucked in the air , spilt under seats , bladder breaks increased tenfold, lads unable to carry drinks back to seats without dropping them .,etc ,etc .

I love a beer or two before the game.
    But i wouldn't drink that pi$$ they serve at the ground, especially in those flimsy plastic 'glasses' that seem to make it taste even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Wales fans were extremely guilty of doing this during the 2016 euros.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Wales fans were extremely guilty of doing this during the 2016 euros.
    It wasn't beer, there were only soft drinks available in the stadia.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I love a beer or two before the game.
    But i wouldn't drink that pi$$ they serve at the ground, especially in those flimsy plastic 'glasses' that seem to make it taste even worse.
    Couldn't agree more

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    It wasn't beer, there were only soft drinks available in the stadia.
    Sorry, should have been more specific, Wales fans in the fanzone in Cardiff.