+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: America again.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: America again.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Multiple shootings have occurred in the States for decades. The worst period was between 2009 - 2014.
    This isn't a Trump thing, just as it wasn't an Obama thing.
    The rhetoric of hate began with Clinton and Obama supporters and every other loony leftie, the likes of Johnny Depp saying at the Glastonbury Festival of all places, that he wishes he could assassinate Trump. The hate fuelled Madonna wishing that he would be assassinated the day after he was voted in.
    So much more hate filled rhetoric towards Trump than from him.
    I can't stand Trump, but he'll be pilloried no matter what he says or does. He can't win because so many people have lost their objectivity.
    Can't disagree with much of what you say there, except the bit I've put in bold. Donald trump rightly deserves to be pilloried for the damage he is doing to the perception of democracy. The ramifications are already being felt across the world.

I say the perception of Democracy because we all know it's an illusion at its core, but so long as everyone pretends there are a set of values that those in charge can be held accountable to then it continues to work. Take that illusion away and anarchy results. I'm sure there are a number of people who think that'll be fine but really it isn't...

Re: America again.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Can't disagree with much of what you say there, except the bit I've put in bold. Donald trump rightly deserves to be pilloried for the damage he is doing to the perception of democracy. The ramifications are already being felt across the world.

I say the perception of Democracy because we all know it's an illusion at its core, but so long as everyone pretends there are a set of values that those in charge can be held accountable to then it continues to work. Take that illusion away and anarchy results. I'm sure there are a number of people who think that'll be fine but really it isn't...
    Operation Crossfire did more to damage the perception of democracy than anything Trump will ever do.