+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: America again.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: America again.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I spent Aug in the US, from chatting to people in the pool or in a queue for a ride, it seems as you said, most Love or Hate him, nothing between , Trump supporters were always keen to tell you how much change he will make, Trump haters just wanted a Oversea's opinion on him and to point out that they were embarrassed by him

What does make me laugh is the amount of people in the UK who just have to hate him as it is the popular thing to do, i made a tongue in cheek post " It'll all be Trumps Fault, you can bet your last penny on that " and that is the way it is, Trump to blame for everything
    This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen. You go to Florida to a ****ing theme park resort and act like you’ve got the feel of a whole country. It’s like going to Disney land Paris and thinking you’ve got an idea of the situation in the Ukraine because you’ve chatted to a few holiday makers by the pool.

The second paragraph is complete and pure idiocy too, people don’t like trump because of what he spouts. It’s nothing to do with it being the popular thing to do, to reduce it to something as simple as that shows how little you actually grasp the situation.

Re: America again.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen. You go to Florida to a ****ing theme park resort and act like you’ve got the feel of a whole country. It’s like going to Disney land Paris and thinking you’ve got an idea of the situation in the Ukraine because you’ve chatted to a few holiday makers by the pool.
    Oh Go on then, you must need some attention of me again, its sweet and all that, i guess i should feel flattered

I will run with it

Quote Originally Posted by steve davies View Post
    i have been over to the states a few times since hes been in power and its either people support him strongly or despise him with the same strength.
    Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Have to agree, having spent the last month in the States.
    There is little middle ground regarding Trump. Very few see him for what he's actually achieving, balanced against any actual negatives.
    Most can either see him do no wrong or do no right.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I spent Aug in the US, from chatting to people in the pool or in a queue for a ride, it seems as you said, most Love or Hate him, nothing between , Trump supporters were always keen to tell you how much change he will make, Trump haters just wanted a Oversea's opinion on him and to point out that they were embarrassed by him
    So i was agreeing with JDerrida who was agreeing with Steve Davis, yet you felt the need to challenge my post ? ? its nice and all that, but you really need to move on now how ever did you cope in Aug when i didnt post

But lets address the points you made

Yes I did go to Disney world, At no point did i state i " got the feel of the whole country "
    What i said ( and you can re-read it, but do it slowly, you might understand it )
    from chatting to people in the pool or in a queue for a ride, it seems as you said, most Love or Hate him, nothing between

Now these people i spoke to in the lines for rides or at the pool, were guess what, yes Americans, the demographic spread is massive at disney world, but a very high % are american, we find that when you are stood in front or behind someone in a line for a ride for 10 mins plus, they overhear our accents and often ask " Hey, where you guys from " then you get chatting, most Americans we spoke to were keen to discuss Trump, as i said, to either defend him or point out he was not the man they wanted

your analogy about disneyland paris and the situation in the Ukraine is farcical, But you knew that anyway
    afterall, speaking to Americans in the US is not overly far fetched

Glad to have cleared that up for you