+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: America again.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: America again.

The U.S. is way down the list of countries of firearm homicides per capita. Jamaica, Bahamas and Trinidad, to name but three, have a rate three times more. Brazil and El Salvador are six and ten times greater than the U.S. has.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The U.S. is way down the list of countries of firearm homicides per capita. Jamaica, Bahamas and Trinidad, to name but three, have a rate three times more. Brazil and El Salvador are six and ten times greater than the U.S. has.
    Not sure what point you're making here? Are you saying that's OK then? All the other places you highlight are relatively poor countries where crime has taken a firm hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Not sure what point you're making here? Are you saying that's OK then? All the other places you highlight are relatively poor countries where crime has taken a firm hold.
    I thought your descending into chaos remarks were both inaccurate and hysterical.

Let's be frank, the corporate media has an unspoken hierarchy. Deaths of those in predominantly rich white countries are far more newsworthy and deserving of our sympathy than those which are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I thought your descending into chaos remarks were both inaccurate and hysterical.

Let's be frank, the corporate media has an unspoken hierarchy. Deaths of those in predominantly rich white countries are far more newsworthy and deserving of our sympathy than those which are not.
    I don't believe my remarks are either inaccurate or hysterical but you're entitled to disagree. My observations are that a society is held together by us all agreeing to abide by certain codes of conduct and laws on what is/isn't permissible. When you have a president who seems to enjoy goading people and who clearly doesn't believe in the rule of law himself then it seems inevitable that the pillars that hold up society are going to be severely shaken.

Whatever the agenda of the media re reporting of deaths it seems reasonably clear that some more extreme elements of American society are feeling more emboldened than they have in many years. I'm linking that to Trump you may just see it as business as usual.