+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: America again.

Re: America again.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What? The person who got three million votes more (more that twice the margin leave won by in the Referendum) than the other contender would lose ?
    Sorry. - I have no idea what you’re talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

The Fake News is doing everything in their power to blame Republicans, Conservatives and me for the division and hatred that has been going on for so long in our Country. Actually, it is their Fake & Dishonest reporting which is causing problems far greater than they understand! There is great anger in our Country caused in part by inaccurate, and even fraudulent, reporting of the news. The Fake News Media, the true Enemy of the People, must stop the open & obvious hostility & report the news accurately & fairly. That will do much to put out the flame of Anger and Outrage and we will then be able to bring all sides together in Peace and Harmony. Fake News Must End!

5:12 pm - 28 Oct 2018
    Blame blame blame. Why doesn't he give examples? I've said the media aren't perfect but this just tars everyone with the same brush. Surely, if you're addressing divides you have to be more diplomatic? But no: "fake news", "enemy of the people." And no 'leftist filter' either, just straight from the horse's mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Blame blame blame. Why doesn't he give examples? I've said the media aren't perfect but this just tars everyone with the same brush. Surely, if you're addressing divides you have to be more diplomatic? But no: "fake news", "enemy of the people." And no 'leftist filter' either, just straight from the horse's mouth.
    The way I read it, he is saying you have some news organisations who partake in fake news, and some who don't. So he is saying those who do should cut it out. He is not blaming all news outlets, only those who play fast and loose with the truth, or something like that.

The way I read it, he is saying you have some news organisations who partake in fake news, and some who don't. So he is saying those who do should cut it out. He is not blaming all news outlets, only those who play fast and loose with the truth, or something like that.
    Even if that's true, it's not clear. Which news outlets? Fox News? Perhaps people are angry at the cheerleading of any Republican politician?

Not sure about the comment from bluematt that trump is "one of them" unless it's common for parents to give their children hundreds of millions of dollars.

He has never lived like common people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Even if that's true, it's not clear. Which news outlets? Fox News? Perhaps people are angry at the cheerleading of any Republican politician?
    The US media is currently running the story about trump saying he can change the Constitution to end birthright. He can't but the media aren't running the story as "Trump lies to stoke up immigration fear before the election" so I guess you can argue that they are fake news.

If they were more honest, they would be reporting him as lying rather than using phrases like "didn't provide evidence to support his claim". He should be thanking them.

Trouble is, so much of what makes people judge Trump the way they do comes from his own mouth. As I said earlier in this thread, I despised Trump in the nineties and noughties when I didn't have a clue what his politics were. True, I don't like his politics now I'm aware of them, but my original dislike of the man had nothing to do with left or right, it was down to the type of person he is - it's strange, but I just can't stand obnoxious, egotistical boors.

Also, do you have anything in the form of proper evidence to back up your contention that 90% of the media in America favours the "left"?
    If that’s the case why did you vote for Neil McEvoy?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Not sure about the comment from bluematt that trump is "one of them" unless it's common for parents to give their children hundreds of millions of dollars.

Sorry can’t resist....😂
    https://youtu.be/yuTMWgOduFM

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Sorry. - I have no idea what you’re talking about
    All I'm saying is that the "same result" would see the candidate with the most votes losing because that's what happened first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    If that’s the case why did you vote for Neil McEvoy?
    Because he's a City fan, I also don't know as much about him as I do about Trump - this is a fairly minor thing, but it says so much about the sort of person Trump is;-

-

All I'm saying is that the "same result" would see the candidate with the most votes losing because that's what happened first time around.
    Huh?

"During the general election, Americans go to their polling place to cast their vote for president. But the tally of those votes — the popular vote — does not determine the winner. Instead, presidential elections use the Electoral College. To win the election, a candidate must receive a majority of electoral votes."

Huh?

During the general election, Americans go to their polling place to cast their vote for president. But the tally of those votes — the popular vote — does not determine the winner. Instead, presidential elections use the Electoral College. To win the election, a candidate must receive a majority of electoral votes.
    I know it doesn't, but it hardly strikes me as a great example of democracy in action when you can get anomalies like that - I'd say exactly the same thing if Clinton was now President with the election having gone the same way but with it being Trump who got three million more votes.

Huh?

"During the general election, Americans go to their polling place to cast their vote for president. But the tally of those votes — the popular vote — does not determine the winner. Instead, presidential elections use the Electoral College. To win the election, a candidate must receive a majority of electoral votes."
    The President's official spokesperson said yesterday that Trump won an overwhelming majority of 63 million votes so that told those fake news merchants!!

I know it doesn't, but it hardly strikes me as a great example of democracy in action when you can get anomalies like that - I'd say exactly the same thing if Clinton was now President with the election having gone the same way but with it being Trump who got three million more votes.
    The 1951 General Election saw the Tories win even though they lost the popular vote. Would you support a system where all the votes nationally, in either the UK and US, were pooled and the party or president who’d gained the most votes wins?

The 1951 General Election saw the Tories win even though they lost the popular vote. Would you support a system where all the votes nationally, in either the UK and US, were pooled and the party or president who’d gained the most votes wins?
    Just imagine, you could smuggle half of Mexico into California and win every election

Would you support a system where all the votes nationally, in either the UK and US, were pooled and the party or president who’d gained the most votes wins?
    You mean like the Brexit referendum, which Bob & co refuse to accept

Why not? Otherwise it's akin to gerrymandering.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Why not? Otherwise it's akin to gerrymandering.
    See Wales-Bales’ posts immediately above yours.

See Wales-Bales’ posts immediately above yours.
    No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    No thanks.
    Truth hurts

BTW Bob Mueller has just been Kavanaughed. Who should we believe this time?

There's a more recent example than that. In February 1974, the Conservatives had more votes than Labour, yet Harold Wilson became Prime Minister. That was the first election I voted in and I was pleased that the party I voted for won, but I've always thought it's unfair that the party or person that gets the most votes does not always end up the winners, so, to answer your question, yes I do.

You mean like the Brexit referendum, which Bob & co refuse to accept
    I would have thought your painstaking research would have shown you that I said on here on a few occasions that it was almost a toss of a coin job for me in the Referendum - I voted remain, but not with any enthusiasm. As for not accepting the result, my attitude straight after the vote was that the country has decided, so let's get on with it. Little did I think that in the two and a quarter years following the vote the leaving process would prove to be so tortuous with the party which brought in the five year fixed term regulation for Governments calling a totally pointless election which wasted a good portion of that time and only damaged themselves. This gave a clue as to the political nous and competence of this Government and a straight yes or no vote has been taken as being a justification for the sort of Brexit wanted by the like of Rees-Mogg, Fox, Johnson and Farage - the goalposts have been moved an awful long way since June 2016.

Truth hurts

BTW Bob Mueller has just been Kavanaughed. Who should we believe this time?
    Who is the poor woman willing to put herself through this kind of ordeal?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

for the record, i said Some Americans thought that, they were fed up of voting for the " same old, same old " and saw him as someone/thing different

I Do not think he is one of them, we know he has lived a privileged life from day one

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Who is the poor woman willing to put herself through this kind of ordeal?
    It should be fun though.. innocent until proven guilty, or guilty until proved innocent? What will the pundits have to say