Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
No one can say that the attack was Trump's fault alone.

But since entering the political sphere, he has called neo-nazis "fine people", called reporters "enemies of the people", called a congressman who assaulted a reporter "my kind of guy", offered to pay legal fees for his supporters who "knocked the crap" out of protesters, shared cgi videos of himself punching and hitting his opponents with golf balls, threatened that "second amendment people" would take matters into their own hands if he lost the election, legitimised hate publications like infowars, retweeted far right anti-muslim videos, said the previous president had founded the world's most famous terror group and seen a good deal of the people he has concentrated his attacks on receive bombs in the mail.

So I think when we see supporters from his side engaging in violent acts, we can hold him a little bit responsible.
I don’t think anyone is saying it’s Trump’s fault alone but he is a great mouthpiece for tipping lunatics like this over the edge. He is radicalising people and that guys van gave an insight into it.

Trump and his rhetoric are very dangerous and I can’t see how anyone can ignore that.

People wonder how Germany “fell“ to the nazis but the colleagues saying «*he’s no diplomat but he’s making us richer » is pretty scary imo. Obviously there’s a big jump between the 2 and I’m not comparing trump to Hitler but the whole I’m all right jack and indifference to it is how stuff like this escalates.