+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: America again.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: America again.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I know it doesn't, but it hardly strikes me as a great example of democracy in action when you can get anomalies like that - I'd say exactly the same thing if Clinton was now President with the election having gone the same way but with it being Trump who got three million more votes.
    The 1951 General Election saw the Tories win even though they lost the popular vote. Would you support a system where all the votes nationally, in either the UK and US, were pooled and the party or president who’d gained the most votes wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Huh?

"During the general election, Americans go to their polling place to cast their vote for president. But the tally of those votes — the popular vote — does not determine the winner. Instead, presidential elections use the Electoral College. To win the election, a candidate must receive a majority of electoral votes."
    The President's official spokesperson said yesterday that Trump won an overwhelming majority of 63 million votes so that told those fake news merchants!!

Not sure about the comment from bluematt that trump is "one of them" unless it's common for parents to give their children hundreds of millions of dollars.

He has never lived like common people.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Not sure about the comment from bluematt that trump is "one of them" unless it's common for parents to give their children hundreds of millions of dollars.

for the record, i said Some Americans thought that, they were fed up of voting for the " same old, same old " and saw him as someone/thing different

I Do not think he is one of them, we know he has lived a privileged life from day one

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    for the record, i said Some Americans thought that, they were fed up of voting for the " same old, same old " and saw him as someone/thing different

I Do not think he is one of them, we know he has lived a privileged life from day one
    So what does this "he is" mean?

One thing Trump is doing well is appealing to his supporters, they still appear to feel his is one of them, he is, he is not part of the old political establishment

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

Sorry can’t resist....😂
    https://youtu.be/yuTMWgOduFM

The Democrats have to take their share of the blame for the rise of Trump. They had their own anti establishment candidate in Bernie Sanders. He would have beaten Trump yet they went with Clinton and all the baggage that came with her.

As for Trump the man is a liar, bully and sex pest. Let’s see the release of his tax statements to see how clean he is. He belongs in the swamp that he wants to drain. His deliberate smearing of the woman who gave evidence against Kavenaugh was a disgrace. The fact he boasted about grabbing women by the genitalia says it all really. A trailer trash President for the trailer trashers

I’ve just gone on to twitter and it seems some kid called Jacob Wohl Who’s Proponent of right wing theories is getting a bit of a leathering which reads quite funny from some of the responses

Whats the difference between Burkman and Avenatti?

All I'm saying is that the "same result" would see the candidate with the most votes losing because that's what happened first time around.
    That was irrelevant then and would be again. The country is divided

I know it doesn't, but it hardly strikes me as a great example of democracy in action when you can get anomalies like that - I'd say exactly the same thing if Clinton was now President with the election having gone the same way but with it being Trump who got three million more votes.
    You know what Gerrymandering is?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    You know what Gerrymandering is?
    Yes I do, but I don't get the connection which says that when using what I feel is the purest form of democracy, it must follow that there is gerrymandering (especially in this time when the technology exists to, almost certainly, guarantee an honest vote if the political will was there to spend the money required to provide it) - the system I'm talking about was used two years ago in the UK to decide how to proceed in a vote which was, arguably, the most important one in this country since the Second World War.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Why not? Otherwise it's akin to gerrymandering.
    Missed this

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

Some? Sorry this is a little naïve

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The Democrats have to take their share of the blame for the rise of Trump. They had their own anti establishment candidate in Bernie Sanders. He would have beaten Trump yet they went with Clinton and all the baggage that came with her.

As for Trump the man is a liar, bully and sex pest. Let’s see the release of his tax statements to see how clean he is. He belongs in the swamp that he wants to drain. His deliberate smearing of the woman who gave evidence against Kavenaugh was a disgrace. The fact he boasted about grabbing women by the genitalia says it all really. A trailer trash President for the trailer trashers
    We care. Americans don’t

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    We care. Americans don’t
    Aren't you displaying the same naivety as you accuse blue matt of showing there? Self evidently, there are Americans who do care - as you say, the country is divided.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time, I'm having a ball!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...nstream-media/

Twitter feeds by f*ckwits for f*ckwits!
    A man who can’t even zip his fly up is someone perhaps not that bright.....😂😂
    https://twitter.com/j_r_wheatley/sta...072402432?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    A man who can’t even zip his fly up is someone perhaps not that bright.....����
    https://twitter.com/j_r_wheatley/sta...072402432?s=21
    I feel a little sorry for those who believe this sort of thing.... but then there are others who not only buy into it but peddle it as insight and breaking news on the politics forums of football message boards!

I feel a little sorry for those who believe this sort of thing.... but then there are others who not only buy into it but peddle it as insight and breaking news on the politics forums of football message boards!
    Yes, I said it was an Avenatti type scam right at the beginning, and I have been proven correct.

There’s got to be a great Spinal Tapesque film to be made about these two bellends surely? 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    There’s got to be a great Spinal Tapesque film to be made about these two bellends surely? ����
    The Avenatti version will be a lot funnier