+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harry Arter rested ?

Harry Arter rested ?

Radio 5 live seemed to suggest he was rested today ? Presumably he is one yellow away from a suspension ?

Re: Harry Arter rested ?

[QUOTE=Fine Lines;4923624]Radio 5 live seemed to suggest he was rested today ? Presumably he is one yellow away from a suspension

Yes, I'm pretty sure that is the case, and Neil didn't want him booked today and to miss the game next week, which is far, far more important to us. Warnock is canny enough to know that we were going to lose today, but could well win next week's game, and he doesn't want our best player so far this season (just my opinion mind) banned for it.

I’m surprised Harry didn’t try harder to pick up a yellow against Fulham.

He may as well play the U23's against the so called top four teams

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    He may as well play the U23's against the so called top four teams
    There's something to be said for giving some of the reserves some game time against the top teams, with a freedom to not worry and enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There's something to be said for giving some of the reserves some game time against the top teams, with a freedom to not worry and enjoy it.
    Remember Holloway did it at old Trafford nearly paid off in the end, although I don't believe most of what Warnock says in his press conferences to what he's actually thinking I don't think he should be admitting defeat before a ball is kicked

Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Seriously?
    Wales have been in the habit of chucking our youngsters in at the deep end. It's not done us any harm. If anything, the experience will only spur them on to achieve greater things, while giving them game time. I'm not suggesting put out all of the under 23s at Maine Road or anything, but giving 2-3 some game time can't hurt. If we have little chance of getting anything result wise, we can use the experience of it for more players.

Wales have been in the habit of chucking our youngsters in at the deep end. It's not done us any harm. If anything, the experience will only spur them on to achieve greater things, while giving them game time. I'm not suggesting put out all of the under 23s at Maine Road or anything, but giving 2-3 some game time can't hurt. If we have little chance of getting anything result wise, we can use the experience of it for more players.
    Surely our best players would want to play against these teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Surely our best players would want to play against these teams?
    Of course. But take today as an example. Would Harry Arter have made such a difference? Not really. Was it better for him to avoid a booking so he'll play against Leicester? Of course.

It's about using our squad to its best ability. Tell each player that they'll miss out on 1 game out of 12 against one of the big boys for a variety of reasons. Have another 2 come on from the bench when the game is out of reach at half time.

He was injured playing for Ireland and aggravated it against Fulham last week, which is why he was substituted.

He told me he wanted to play.

Anyone else read the title of this post wrongly at first? I thought to myself.. "Bloody'ell, modern day footballers,eh! I bet it was a nightclub fracas".

I think it was purely down to the 4 yellow cards. Which does my head in because he's sure to get one next week and miss the Brighton game. He should have tried to pick one up versus Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think it was purely down to the 4 yellow cards. Which does my head in because he's sure to get one next week and miss the Brighton game. He should have tried to pick one up versus Fulham.
    Yeah that’s what I think. He’s usually quite vocal with the ref. Wouldn’t have taken much to get a yellow.