+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helicopter crash Leicester City FC

Helicopter crash Leicester City FC

Looks like the owners Helicopter has crashed in the carpark after taking off from the centre spot

Re: Helicopter crash Leicester City FC

Watching footage circulating twitter, it is hard to say anyone would have survived that. very likely the owner was on board.

thoughts with everyone involved

Oh shit...

I'm not saying what many of us may be thinking.
    Hopefully things not as bad as they appear.

Looks carnage. OMG this is shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Looks carnage. OMG this is shocking.

Doesn’t look good , hope all on board survived and there are no casualties but I guess this puts our game with Leicester in doubt next week ?

Crash happened 80 minutes ago and Sky keep repeating the line that there's fears several people may have died. They say the helicopter can hold 20 people. The owner, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, was seen climbing into it and the helicopter crashed and became a fireball a minute later when it came down in the club's car park.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Doesn’t look good , hope all on board survived and there are no casualties but I guess this puts our game with Leicester in doubt next week ?
    Forgot to say , hope nobody was in the car park when it came down ......shocking news

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Wouldn't have thought game would be in doubt. Probably will be discussed but Whatever has happened they will want to get things back up and running ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Wouldn't have thought game would be in doubt. Probably will be discussed but Whatever has happened they will want to get things back up and running ASAP.
    Maybe as a mark of respect? Even if the owner wasn't on board the pilot and by the look of it anyone in the vicinity may have been killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Funny how we all react differently to situations good or bad. The last thing to cross my mind after seeing this on the news was our game against them next week.

doesnt look good does it

Leicester City, the police and ambulance service have released very bland statements. It seems there were fatalities and they're not releasing that info until those next of kin have been informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Leicester City, the police and ambulance service have released very bland statements. It seems there were fatalities and they're not releasing that info until those next of kin have been informed.
    Which is absolutely the right thing to do.

I'm not sure how they could be expected to play next week if there have been fatalities. Club captain Kasper Schmeichel was reported to have run out of the stadium towards the burning helicopter. The last thing on his mind right now is playing a game of football at 3pm next Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm not sure how they could be expected to play next week if there have been fatalities. Club captain Kasper Schmeichel was reported to have run out of the stadium towards the burning helicopter. I'm sure the last thing on his mind is playing a game of football at 3pm next Saturday.
    I saw a report saying he was in tears

I'm not sure how they could be expected to play next week if there have been fatalities. Club captain Kasper Schmeichel was reported to have run out of the stadium towards the burning helicopter. I'm sure the last thing on his mind right now is playing a game of football at 3pm next Saturday.
    I don't want to sound callous (or be callous) but I'm not sure that members of a football team will be so traumatised by a crash that kills their club owner that they are unable to play a match a full week later.

If it was members of the playing or coaching squad then yes - but this seems to be something removed from their normal circle, and although upsetting and tragic, not a reason to postpone a fixture. Thousands of people will have arranged their lives around that match and in my view it would have to be something much closer to the Leicester squad to justify postponing and rearranging.

A sad day for football, put things into perspective
    Daily mirror are saying LCFC owner was on board, it would be a miracle if anyone survived

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I don't want to sound callous (or be callous) but I'm not sure that members of a football team will be so traumatised by a crash that kills their club owner that they are unable to play a match a full week later.

If it was members of the playing or coaching squad then yes - but this seems to be something removed from their normal circle, and although upsetting and tragic, not a reason to postpone a fixture. Thousands of people will have arranged their lives around that match and in my view it would have to be something much closer to the Leicester squad to justify postponing and rearranging.
    Sometimes football really doesn't matter. How could anybody expect these players to turn up for training on Monday after witnessing such a horrific crash, with people they know possibly burning to death before their eyes. I just don't see how they could carry on as if nothing had happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    A sad day for football, put things into perspective
    Daily mirror are saying LCFC owner was on board, it would be a miracle if anyone survived
    Truly awful seen a tweet from sidwell that a Brighton fan has also passed after taken ill during the game today

Sometimes football really doesn't matter. How could anybody expect these players to turn up for training on Monday after witnessing such a horrific crash, with people they know possibly burning to death before their eyes. I just don't see how they could carry on as if nothing had happened.
    This

Trying to keep up with this news. Appreciate it’s late in the UK but there seems to be some gathering news momentum that is suggesting Claude Puel may also have been on board. What a bad bad day

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Trying to keep up with this news. Appreciate it’s late in the UK but there seems to be some gathering news momentum that is suggesting Claude Puel may also have been on board. What a bad bad day
    Oh dear, how awful if true. Beyond comprehension.
    What a sad day .

The BBC are now saying that they understand the Leicester owner was on board.