+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Helicopter crash Leicester City FC

Re: Helicopter crash Leicester City FC

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I don't want to sound callous (or be callous) but I'm not sure that members of a football team will be so traumatised by a crash that kills their club owner that they are unable to play a match a full week later.

If it was members of the playing or coaching squad then yes - but this seems to be something removed from their normal circle, and although upsetting and tragic, not a reason to postpone a fixture. Thousands of people will have arranged their lives around that match and in my view it would have to be something much closer to the Leicester squad to justify postponing and rearranging.
    They have a game Tuesday I think, which will get postponed. How could they possibly be expected to train in preparation for the match with us, against this kind of backdrop? I fully expect our game against them to be postponed too. Although what has unfolded makes football incidental.

A really tragic accident.

Prayers for their families.

BTW: My post isn't meant to suggest that you hadn't grasped the gravity of the event or its broader impact. I can see where you were trying to come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Sometimes football really doesn't matter. How could anybody expect these players to turn up for training on Monday after witnessing such a horrific crash, with people they know possibly burning to death before their eyes. I just don't see how they could carry on as if nothing had happened.
    This ^^^^^ I’ve seen death close up abs it’s ****ing horrible and lingers with you for a long time. That’s a truly horrendous experience if the players have seen that.

Bbc reported the manager may have been on board.

Was expecting to wake up to lots of news about it today but so far nothing. My initial reaction is i don't think that's a good sign at all.

The Leicester manager most likely on board because he has not issued any statement.
    I imagine players might also have been on board.

Tragic.
    I’ve always been scared of helicopters myself
    I post as I am about to take off from Gatwick..

Hence the complete news blackout.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Bbc reported the manager may have been on board.

Was expecting to wake up to lots of news about it today but so far nothing. My initial reaction is i don't think that's a good sign at all.
    Can't help thinking you're right.

As for Claude Puel, I'd be surprised if he was on the helicopter if it took off that soon after the match, but who knows? Not sure the BBC should be mentioning things like that when it's no more than speculation really.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    The Leicester manager most likely on board because he has not issued any statement.
    I imagine players might also have been on board.

Tragic.
    I’ve always been scared of helicopters myself
    I post as I am about to take off from Gatwick..

Hence the complete news blackout.
    It's really not right to speculate about something 'most likely' or that players were on board.

First Team

It's a horrible and traumatic event. Football becomes secondary by a considerable distance. RIP those who have died and suffered in the football world this weekend. Next weeks fixture list can wait.

My heartfelt sympathies to all of the victims and their families. A very sad day.

I can't remember a worse day for football, personally.

I was too young to understand the seriousness of Hillsborough, but surely yesterday had to be the blackest day in British football since then?

Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Football becomes secondary by a considerable distance. .
    It’s funny that if it wasn’t football related and it were a crash involving some randoms in Cumbria or Shropshire, it wouldn’t get more than a passing glance in the media, nor would the wider public really be too concerned.

Personally, I don’t have any feelings of sadness. I don’t know these people. I think the strongest feelings I have are passing shock, especially when reading the manager might have been involved. But as for their chairman, it’s bad but there are much worse things going on out there. At least he got to live the life he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    It’s funny that if it wasn’t football related and it were a crash involving some randoms in Cumbria or Shropshire, it wouldn’t get more than a passing glance in the media, nor would the wider public really be too concerned.

Personally, I don’t have any feelings of sadness. I don’t know these people. I think the strongest feelings I have are passing shock, especially when reading the manager might have been involved. But as for their chairman, it’s bad but there are much worse things going on out there. At least he got to live the life he did.
    I think people are showing sympathy towards the family of those involved, the Leicester players, and fans of a fellow football club we are due to play next saturday, it's not really about you and how you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

Part of it is probably because it happened at a football stadium, a place where many of us go each weekend or maybe even live very close to. So there's something for us to relate to.

But mainly, if you don't feel any kind of sadness about it, then that's great for you. Thanks for sharing.

I think people are showing sympathy towards the family of those involved, the Leicester players, and fans of a fellow football club we are due to play next saturday, it's not really about you and how you feel.
    It’s not. You’re right.

Leicester City owner 'on board' as helicopter crashes in King Power Stadium car park

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ium-car-park1/

Still nothing official. Sky say sources indicate the owner, his daughter, a pilot and navigator plus an unknown other person were aboard.

Respect should be shown as well as caution in response because we don't know yet the extent of what happened or who exactly was inolved - yes.

Of course respect is not a zero-sum game but I also understand the reaction that there are several other incidents this weekend that are also sad and/or dramatic. Perhaps the Leicester owner's actions during the year they won the premier league are making it hit home harder but I can't help but feel that talk of cancelling next weekend's game is over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Respect should be shown as well as caution in response because we don't know yet the extent of what happened or who exactly was inolved - yes.

Of course respect is not a zero-sum game but I also understand the reaction that there are several other incidents this weekend that are also sad and/or dramatic. Perhaps the Leicester owner's actions during the year they won the premier league are making it hit home harder but I can't help but feel that talk of cancelling next weekend's game is over the top.
    It's looking like Leicester's game on Tuesday is game is going to be postponed, and the women's team fixtures too.

Still nothing being said in the paper about any casualties ....... Just hoping for the best I guess

My heart goes out to all those effected

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Still nothing being said in the paper about any casualties ....... Just hoping for the best I guess

My heart goes out to all those effected
    Yeah I am surprised by this. I fully expected at least pretty strong rumours to be out by now- but nothing. Correct way of doing it though.

I'm reading a lot of people saying next Saturdays game has already been postponed ....... any official confirmation on that?

I'm reading a lot of people saying next Saturdays game has already been postponed ....... any official confirmation on that?
    100% not official

Reports on the BBC sports website suggest their midweek cup tie might be in doubt, but not a sausage on next Saturday's game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Reports on the BBC sports website suggest their midweek cup tie might be in doubt, but not a sausage on next Saturday's game.
    Were lots of rumours all.todays games were called off also. If it's not cancelled by end of today then it will be on.

LCFC statement: https://www.lcfc.com/news/890995/clu.../press-release

It is with the deepest regret and a collective broken heart that we confirm our Chairman, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, was among those to have tragically lost their lives on Saturday evening when a helicopter carrying him and four other people crashed outside King Power Stadium. None of the five people on-board survived.

The primary thoughts of everyone at the Club are with the Srivaddhanaprabha family and the families of all those on-board at this time of unspeakable loss.

In Khun Vichai, the world has lost a great man. A man of kindness, of generosity and a man whose life was defined by the love he devoted to his family and those he so successfully led. Leicester City was a family under his leadership. It is as a family that we will grieve his passing and maintain the pursuit of a vision for the Club that is now his legacy.

A book of condolence, which will be shared with the Srivaddhanaprabha family, will be opened at King Power Stadium from 8am on Tuesday 30 October for supporters wishing to pay their respects.

Supporters unable to visit King Power Stadium that wish to leave a message can do so through an online book of condolence, which will be made available via lcfc.com in due course.

Both Tuesday’s First Team fixture against Southampton in the EFL Cup and the Development Squad fixture against Feyenoord in the Premier League International Cup have been postponed.

Everyone at the Club has been truly touched by the remarkable response of the football family, whose thoughtful messages of support and solidarity have been deeply appreciated at this difficult time.