+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anfield.

Anfield.

Anfield is a complete shit hole for away fans. The Stewards were total pricks, we had eight people pushed in to the space of 5 seats. Aisles blocked with people, Old people who couldn’t stand and other disabled supporters put up in the corners with no view.
    No view at back so people pushed forward to see anything especially when we scored. Pricks setting off flares in the rear , where it was crushed enough as it was without having to try move to breath as the smoke didn’t bloody clear.

The foyer area was a joke, getting in and out was ridiculous. Yet this is the club that suffered at Hillsborough.

Roll on the Championship. I’ve had a enough of plastic tourist attractions and over priced tickets to pay the wages of tossers.

Re: Anfield.

Anfield is the worst for away supporters out of any stadium I've been to. I noticed they had about 40-50 seats in the new stand totally unsellable due to the lack of view. Those flares are potentially lethal. I recall an older supporter at Reading keeling over after one was set off too close to him. Two x Heddlu were keeping a close eye on what was going on so maybe an early morning knock is on the cards.

The "stand where you like" culture at away games sort of works until you go to places like Anfield where there is different pricing for tickets with restricted views. It was a cause for conflict yesterday because people who clearly bought cheaper tickets then knowingly took seats elsewhere. Added to the fact that this was a sell out meant that late arrivals could not find what odd unoccupied seats existed so stood in the aisles making it even more uncomfortable.

The scrum in the concourse at half-time was almost all down to the stadium layout and not helped by the numbers of motionless police and stewards who made movement even more difficult. I thought that half-time at the Aviva was bad but this rivalled it.

Access to the exits surely doesn’t comply with H & S, it requires a fair bit of patience when the game ends. Something one of our older fans didn’t have yesterday, I was queuing in the aisle to leave while he decided that it was easier to seat hop towards the exit, of course it had to be the seat next to me that gave way under his weight and he fell into me, in turn I stumbled and stood on the foot of the fan queuing next to me, stood on it quite hard as well. Luckily he’d seen what happened and didn’t have a go at me while the seat hopper carried on forcing his way through the people waiting. As I said he was an older fan not a young kid, if me & the lad I stood on hadn’t have kept some sort of balance we could have taken a few down with us. Dodgy area of the ground without a doubt, not helped by impatient knobs.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Access to the exits surely doesn’t comply with H & S, it requires a fair bit of patience when the game ends. Something one of our older fans didn’t have yesterday, I was queuing in the aisle to leave while he decided that it was easier to seat hop towards the exit, of course it had to be the seat next to me that gave way under his weight and he fell into me, in turn I stumbled and stood on the foot of the fan queuing next to me, stood on it quite hard as well. Luckily he’d seen what happened and didn’t have a go at me while the seat hopper carried on forcing his way through the people waiting. As I said he was an older fan not a young kid, if me & the lad I stood on hadn’t have kept some sort of balance we could have taken a few down with us. Dodgy area of the ground without a doubt, not helped by impatient knobs.
    Anfield Road end is the oldest standing part of the ground. It's not fit for purpose in a modern day setting. Unfortunately it's unlikely to get redeveloped....cost of redevelopment wont quickly get repaid by increased ticket sales unlike their new main stand. That there would be overcrowding/people in the wrong seats/aisles full is entirely predictable. Add in the danger of flares and eventually someone will be badly hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by KenfigBlues View Post
    Anfield is a complete shit hole for away fans. The Stewards were total pricks, we had eight people pushed in to the space of 5 seats. Aisles blocked with people, Old people who couldn’t stand and other disabled supporters put up in the corners with no view.
    No view at back so people pushed forward to see anything especially when we scored. Pricks setting off flares in the rear , where it was crushed enough as it was without having to try move to breath as the smoke didn’t bloody clear.

The foyer area was a joke, getting in and out was ridiculous. Yet this is the club that suffered at Hillsborough.

Roll on the Championship. I’ve had a enough of plastic tourist attractions and over priced tickets to pay the wages of tossers.
    I don’t want to sound like a kill joy here but my experience was absolutely fine as it seemed to be for all those around me (I was in row 9 and I didn’t see anyone experiencing any issues). In fact the whole visit was perfectly normal.

I go to quite a few away games and I think that we could do worse than have a good look at the behaviour of our own fans at away games e.g. Chelsea this season was appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I don’t want to sound like a kill joy here but my experience was absolutely fine as it seemed to be for all those around me (I was in row 9 and I didn’t see anyone experiencing any issues). In fact the whole visit was perfectly normal.

I go to quite a few away games and I think that we could do worse than have a good look at the behaviour of our own fans at away games e.g. Chelsea this season was appalling.
    Never seen someone being positive in a negative thread describe themselves as a kiljoy before

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Never seen someone being positive in a negative thread describe themselves as a kiljoy before
    Lol. Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Lol. Good point.
    Well I was really enjoying complaining before you chipped in with your positivity. Killjoy!

It was the worst experience I've ever had at any ground I've been to, I've been to Anfield several times over the years and I've never seen anything like it, to be fair one of the Liverpool stewards got me a seat through the crush, he could see I was struggling (I'm one of the older ones)I ended up 2nd row from the front and I should have been in row 12, there were 3 big guys stood right in front of me and I couldn't see much, If a fire had started I dread to think what the outcome would have been the isles were jam packed with people, It was the worst away of my life and I've been to quite a few, I'm 76.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Anfield Road end is the oldest standing part of the ground. It's not fit for purpose in a modern day setting. Unfortunately it's unlikely to get redeveloped....cost of redevelopment wont quickly get repaid by increased ticket sales unlike their new main stand. That there would be overcrowding/people in the wrong seats/aisles full is entirely predictable. Add in the danger of flares and eventually someone will be badly hurt.
    Yeah, the concourse area just simply isn’t bigger enough for 3,000 people. We want to see these old grounds with character, but it can’t be at the expense of safety and comfort. That’s just rubbish.

Concourse was a no go at half time.
    Chelsea was no better mind.

Their atmosphere was terrible as for a lot of their fans it was simply about being there, not participating.

Also, did anyone see the Midfle Eastern/ Asian guy thrown out of our end for being a Liverpool fan ?

Not sure he was able to speak, and he had a suspicious bottle of liquid in his hand that he certainly wouldn’t have bought in the ground.

How the hell did he get that in ?

My seat was pretty uncomfortable but as my son and I got there early I think I can give some background as to what was really going on with the stewards and police.First thing, before entering the ground, I was being subjected to being sniffed by a sniffer dog, which doesn't bother me at all. The stewards were checking everybody's ticket and making sure they sat where they should have been, which seemed to piss off some of our younger lads. The fact that so many people were singing under the stand right up until kick-off (and being filmed by the police with some police making notes as well) meant that there was a rush for seats.I think the fact that these groups of young kids couldn't all sit together pissed a lot of them off, meaning some fans ended up standing aisles. Most of the home fans we walked past while walking back to the centre WEREN'T scousers but foreign,which seemed a bit odd.

3rd time I've seen City play at Anfield. It really is a sh1t ground. I don't know why everyone looks at it with such starry eyes and rose tinted glasses. The seats are too close together, I was almost sitting on top of the guys either side of me (and I'm not the size of Fatty Arbuckle) and my knees were in the head of the guy in front of me. The old guy who was with me missed most of the game as he can't stand for too long, and getting in and out of the stadium was a nightmare.

Does anyone know why there was a group of City fans fighting each other in the stand?
    Last edited by Harry Monk; 29-10-18 at 08:26. Reason: spell

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    3rd time I've seen City play at Anfield. It really is a sh1t ground. I don't know why everyone looks at it with such starry eyes and rose tinted glasses. The seats are too close together, I was almost sitting on top of the guys either side of me (and I'm not the size of Fatty Arbuckle) and my knees were in the head of the guy in front of me. The old guy who was with me missed most of the game as he can't stand for too long, and getting in and out of the stadium was a nightmare.

Does anyone know why there was a group of City fans fighting each other in the stand?
    I think that a lot of this has to do with people not sitting in their allocated seats and the subsequent knock on effect when people remain on the concourse until just before KO and then try to get to their seat. It cause lots of confusion and arguments.

I got to my seat half an hour before KO and got into and out of the ground in probably 3 minutes maximum. It was dead simple so I'm sorry to hear of the poor experiences elsewhere. :-(

If you think that was bad, wait till you go to Everton, like watching football whilst dressed in a burka.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post

...lucky Dingus didn't go!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    If you think that was bad, wait till you go to Everton, like watching football whilst dressed in a burka.
    At least you can buy an upper tier seat at Goodison and even lower isn't as bad as Anfield.....but it's a close call if you are at the back of the lower tier.....and you won't have the sun in your eyes at Goodison.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Concourse was a no go at half time.
    Chelsea was no better mind.

Their atmosphere was terrible as for a lot of their fans it was simply about being there, not participating.

Also, did anyone see the Midfle Eastern/ Asian guy thrown out of our end for being a Liverpool fan ?

Not sure he was able to speak, and he had a suspicious bottle of liquid in his hand that he certainly wouldn’t have bought in the ground.

How the hell did he get that in ?
    Bit paranoid are we!? :)

I came back from the Anfield day out with a walrus. How? I hear you ask. Having parked up at South Parkway it should be a simple case of "return to Anfield" which buys you a train ticket to Sandhills and then soccerbus to/from the ground. Having asked the customer service advisor for said return ticket his reply was "gorrawalrus?". Having got my head round his regional speech defect, I ascertained he was indeed enquiring as to whether I was in possession of a walrus. Not often am I stunned in to silence and could only stand and stare as his request was (slowly) processed in the brain department. Yes,he really was asking if I was in possession of a walrus. "Walrus card?" Says he. So in simple terms it transpires a walrus card is like an oyster. Pay a few quid and from then on your tickets are electronic tap and go. Including the soccerbus. So...if you are asked for a walrus in Liverpool it's a travel card and not an overweight sea lion thing with big teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ...lucky Dingus didn't go!
    He was there.