+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City v Leicester. A lot of media focus and emotion. Let’s show respect.

City v Leicester. A lot of media focus and emotion. Let’s show respect.

A tough game for all Leicester fans.
    I hope that our team wins and that as fans we show upmost respect to Leicester fans and LCFC

Re: City v Leicester. A lot of media focus and emotion. Let’s show respect.

they have a home game on Tuesday in the league cup

I suspect both games will be postponed.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I suspect both games will be postponed.
    Can't see that happening, Dortmund's team bus was bombed and we're still asked to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Can't see that happening, Dortmund's team bus was bombed and we're still asked to play the game.
    In circumstances like this Leicester will want to get everyone together again ASAP. Cardiff will probably offer not to play but I'm sure Leicester would want to. They have to play again one day.

Will be a lot of media though, I wonder if it will be a last minute unprecedented switch to tv?

I agree with Blue Away and I have every confidence we will be most respectful as CCFC fans - maybe a minutes clap of respect before the game

We cant benefit from the result outcome either way - if we win the game it will be because their team are still hurting and if they win it is about their response to the owners tragedy

Looks to be offical now ......... the owner and four others perished in the crash

RIP Vichai

Cardiff City offer Leicester City full support as fans wait to hear if Saturday's scheduled Premier League game goes ahead

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-15339287

I'm sure City fans will behave impeccably on Saturday - what reason is there to think otherwise?

I hope and believe that the game should go ahead, but that's something on which Leicester should have the final word - if they feel it would be inappropriate then fair enough.

There was a Leicester fans trust member on TV this morning. He was describing the owner as a great chairman who did nothing but great things for the club and community.
    He added the he didn't join the club and try to change the kit or the badge.

Wonder what he was referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    I agree with Blue Away and I have every confidence we will be most respectful as CCFC fans - maybe a minutes clap of respect before the game

We cant benefit from the result outcome either way - if we win the game it will be because their team are still hurting and if they win it is about their response to the owners tragedy
    I agree. Back in the mid-1990s Chelsea chairman Matthew Harding also died in a helicopter crash when returning home from a game. Their next match went ahead as planned in the Premier League. There was such an outpouring of grief and sympathy that every neutral willed a Chelsea victory. They did too, at a canter. It was easy to discern from the MotD highlights that their players were far more motivated. Afterwards their manager and players said they were hell bent on winning to dedicate it to their chairman's memory. A Spurs player interviewed said, "well, there was only going to be one winner today" as if he and his teammates had psychologically conceded the game before kick-off.

From all I've read, Leicester's chairman is as renowned as Chelsea's was, and it's probably in City's best interests not be be their first fixture.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm sure City fans will behave impeccably on Saturday - what reason is there to think otherwise?

I hope and believe that the game should go ahead, but that's something on which Leicester should have the final word - if they feel it would be inappropriate then fair enough.
    I’m sure to.
    I’d like it include our chants being those that support our team rather than those that are aimed at the opposition/ opposing fans.
    As has been said further down the board a postponement is probably in our best interests on the field.

If you look at the situation objectively it's in City's best interest if the match is postponed.

Leicester's players will be incredibly motivated on saturday. There's zero chance we get a point.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    If you look at the situation objectively it's in City's best interest if the match is postponed.

Leicester's players will be incredibly motivated on saturday. There's zero chance we get a point.
    Or it could be a non event 0-0- like Swansea villa the day Gary speed died.

I know ill get criticised for this but for me what is so important about sport is that it isn't actually important at all. That's exactly why it's so important to get things going again as soon as practically possible- for everyone's sake.

Shame this BBC reporter didn’t show respect!

P45 for Dan Roan?

https://twitter.com/danroan/status/1...458642432?s=21

Can’t see anything other than a postponement the players looked distraught today especially kasper

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post

P45 for Dan Roan?

Oh dear oh dear. Oh dear. Pretty poor comments but he deserves to go for that awful defensive apology.

We showed Ramsey respect the first time he returned with Arsenal by clapping before and after his involvement and trying to put him off, as one of their best players, during the game with boos and whistles. Leicester fans will obviously be making a lot of noise during the game and respect will be continuing to do that as we have thoughout the season so far.

They were debating before the game if mahrez would be mentally fit to play tonight due to his close links.

Pep judged he was and he's scored within a few minutes. Remember how Bellamy started playing after speed? Think it was Chelsea away 2 days later and he was unplayable, even Chelsea fans applauded him- yet he was in tears before the game.

Imagine Leicester players will have a team meeting and it will be up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post

P45 for Dan Roan?

Classless from all of those journalists.

They were standing next to and around Leicester fans, laughing and joking in such a distasteful manner. No provocation - just classless.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Classless from all of those journalists.

They were standing next to and around Leicester fans, laughing and joking in such a distasteful manner. No provocation - just classless.
    That's the BBC for you, the same organisation who covered for Jimmy Savile.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    A tough game for all Leicester fans.
    I hope that our team wins and that as fans we show upmost respect to Leicester fans and LCFC
    Why wouldnt we?