+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Liverpool subs warming up actually on the pitch

Liverpool subs warming up actually on the pitch

2nd half whilst the game was in progress.

Surely this is an offence.

Right pissed me off it did.

All the officials ignored it, and they did f it multiple times, sometimes yards inside the touch line.

Ours didn’t do this, although Zohore did more running in his warm up than he does on the pitch.
    If he was trying to get Warnock’s eye he’d have been better off taking his bloody gloves off !

Re: Liverpool subs warming up actually on the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    2nd half whilst the game was 6in progress.

All the officials ignored it, and they did f it multiple times, sometimes yards inside the touch line.

Ours didn’t do this, although Zohore did more running in his warm up than he does on the pitch.
    If he was trying to get Warnock’s eye he’d have been better off taking his bloody gloves off !
    Villa were worse at the start of last season for having their subs running on the pitch. Liverpool were doing it yesterday and,as you say, annoying. However...I did look it up...law 3...it's only an offence if the player interferes with play. That presumes the player is not a sub coming on in which case they would commit an offence if they came on the pitch without the refs permission. I have seen a player booked for coming on the pitch off the subs bench and "interfering with play"....an ex student of mine, ex Villa player who got a bit too excited when Halesowen Town scored v Stourbridge in the no 9 derby. He ran on the pitch to celebrate and promtly got booked even though the ball wasn't in play.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Villa were worse at the start of last season for having their subs running on the pitch. Liverpool were doing it yesterday and,as you say, annoying. However...I did look it up...law 3...it's only an offence if the player interferes with play. That presumes the player is not a sub coming on in which case they would commit an offence if they came on the pitch without the refs permission. I have seen a player booked for coming on the pitch off the subs bench and "interfering with play"....an ex student of mine, ex Villa player who got a bit too excited when Halesowen Town scored v Stourbridge in the no 9 derby. He ran on the pitch to celebrate and promtly got booked even though the ball wasn't in play.
    Cheers for clearing that up.

I’d love to say they were interfering with play, but can’t think of a justification for it, so I’ll just have to settle for it being annoying 😂

What about the one Liverpool sub who was more or less doing f*cking star jumps in Gunnar’s eyeline when he was taking one of his (pointless??) long throw ins??

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    What about the one Liverpool sub who was more or less doing f*cking star jumps in Gunnar’s eyeline when he was taking one of his (pointless??) long throw ins??
    ..The Gunn doesn't do long throws..just longer than nornal.
    Super Cal and Mozzer have long throws

At the arsenal game the other week, one of their subs was warming up on the pitch. Nothing wrong with that but he was stopping and turning right in the corner arc slightly roughing up where we would take any corners.
    Devious ba5tard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    2nd half whilst the game was in progress.

Always cheating , I wondered how they bloody won by so many.

We should ask the FA to make the game null and void, and force Scousers to have real windows .