+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Half and half scarfs

Half and half scarfs

Couldn't believe the number of grown men wearing half and half scarfs in the City end at Anfield. WTF?

One guy even had it tied around his neck so that the red half and the Liverpool badge were the only bits visible front on.

Who are these guys? Surely this is the type of thing you buy for your 6 year old who's attending their first away game as a souvenir?

Re: Half and half scarfs

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Couldn't believe the number of grown men wearing half and half scarfs in the City end at Anfield. WTF?

One guy even had it tied around his neck so that the red half and the Liverpool badge were the only bits visible front on.

Who are these guys? Surely this is the type of thing you buy for your 6 year old who's attending their first away game as a souvenir?
    I have to agree with you. It does seem rather strange for grown men to do this.. treating it like some kind of cup final.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I have to agree with you. It does seem rather strange for grown men to do this.. treating it like some kind of cup final.
    Whilst I find it very strange and could never wear one of these monstrosities myself, nor be seen in public with someone who wears one, you've hit on something that never occurred to me before.
    Perhaps people dont venture to many away games and they get them as a souvenir?

Of course you have the plastics, and I know a few, who see their beloved team playing against their local side and who undoubtedly see it as the "minnows" cup final

The best bit was a few fans held them up towards us as they scored. You've got both teams on there you melon .

One word (tossers)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The best bit was a few fans held them up towards us as they scored. You've got both teams on there you melon .
    I only saw one in the Home end. I saw about 20 in our end.

I only saw one in the Home end. I saw about 20 in our end.
    That's Billy the Badge for you!

I'll own up to having a Chasetown / Cardiff one

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    That's Billy the Badge for you!

I'll own up to having a Chasetown / Cardiff one
    Here's a thought.
    There are probably a few Chasetown fans with the same scarf.
    Perhaps their 'proper' fans look on them as plastics and tossers

In the grand scheme of things, does it really matter?

Those who get so wound up about them are just as sad as those wearing them.

Does it say 'CAR POOL' on the scarf?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Agree, they aren’t for me but find the outrage they cause a bit weird. It’s one of those things that have been pointed out by someone once how they’re anti football and everyone just jumps on it every time now.

I wouldn’t buy one myself and they are a bit naff but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with someone wanting a memento from a big match.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Thanks for your enlightened input.

It doesn't answer my questions though.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Does it say 'CAR POOL' on the scarf?
    It should - like the hot dog stand in Anfield Road called EVERPOOL

Has there ever been a Cardiff, Swansea half and half scarf

Surely you need some real problems to worry about then? I would wear a half and half scarf for the rest of then season if we won a few more games.

Kids aside, the people who are dull enough to wear those scarves are the same headers who rather than get tanked-up before kick-off will do so inside grounds at twice the cost.

Thanks for your enlightened input.

It doesn't answer my questions though.
    If you really wanted an answer why didn’t you just ask them yourself on Saturday?

I saw dozens amongst home fans outside and over the weekend. A lot of these people were making a weekend of it, in The Cavern or down Albert Dock like we did.

It was a momento for them.

Only saw 1 in the away end, but I didn’t move much as it was packed. If you see the picture of us then it’s very very blue

Not my thing, and makes me laugh a bit, but I was also a little bit proud seeing all the Asians and Chinese wearing our colours , even by default. Almost a confirmation that we are dining at the top table ( or at least picking the scraps off the floor 😂 )

Can you get one with chips and rice on the splits?

I was up in Liverpool for 4 days with the Mrs and met up with loads of my old shipmates whilst up there. One mate got us 2 half and half scarfs. Even though they are very much not my thing, me and the Mrs were made up with the gesture and my daughter saw a pic on FB of my Mrs wearing hers and messaged me to get one for her. So the she will be getting one of them. Again not my thing, but I don't see what people get hung up about other people wearing them. Money spinner for the hawkers. Saw many Scandi Liverpool fnas wearing them from Friday onwards. Just got back home by the way, my liver is suffering. Great city.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    I think you might have found a gap in the market.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Carsea
    Swandiff

No to both

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    There were AFC Wimbledon/MK Dons half n half scarves a few years ago.

Plenty of comments on twitter either by Welsh football fans pointing out Welsh Liverpool fans are an odd bunch especially when Liverpool play a Welsh side, Welsh Liverpool fans enjoying a big win and even one (if you scroll down his timeline) saying he can't stand the international break and can't wait to get back to supporting Liverpool.

City fans with half and half scarves seems somewhat tame compared to compared to the second and third type of fan above.