+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Saturday be postponed?

Will Saturday be postponed?

Cardiff City issue Leicester statement ahead of Saturday's planned game
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...k_MessageShare

The league cup tie tomorrow has definitely been postponed

Re: Will Saturday be postponed?

I don't think it will. What's happened is tragic, but football moves very quickly.

Speculation from a Leicester journalist on Talk Sport this morning saying the club will ask for the match to be postponed. I don't think there was any evidence for this but he is likely to know more than most of us on here. I hope the game goes ahead as I have a hotel booked on a no cancellation tariff - as it's an international game day that decision will cost me a £150 - but I can well sympathise with the reason for the game to be called off should a request by Leicester be made..

Just read a statement on the LCFC official website ...... Tuesdays game has been postponed but NO mention about Saturdays trip down to us ..........

A yay or nay about the fixture going ahead as scheduled needs to be known today as 30,000 people have planned their day around attending and prolonging any announcement is in nobody's interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Speculation from a Leicester journalist on Talk Sport this morning saying the club will ask for the match to be postponed. I don't think there was any evidence for this but he is likely to know more than most of us on here. I hope the game goes ahead as I have a hotel booked on a no cancellation tariff - as it's an international game day that decision will cost me a £150 - but I can well sympathise with the reason for the game to be called off should a request by Leicester be made..
    Re-sell the room to a thugby fan.

Yes, decision will have to be made in conjunction with prem league and CCFC, think we will know tomorrow. .
    Doubt that we would have 30k Sat as egg chasers in town. Loads of ST holders would be missing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Yes, decision will have to be made in conjunction with prem league and CCFC, think we will know tomorrow. .
    Doubt that we would have 30k Sat as egg chasers in town. Loads of ST holders would be missing as well.
    Did not know the egg was home saturday,playing scotland after just looking, whats that about!
    Anyway looks like the egg stadium is barely half sold looking at their ticket site.

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    Did not know the egg was home saturday,playing scotland after just looking, whats that about!
    Anyway looks like the egg stadium is barely half sold looking at their ticket site.
    I've got my ticket but it will be a bloody pain travelling from down West even if stadium half full. Loads of piss artists on train.
    And with empty seats at CCS the atmosphere may not be as good as Fulham.

Missing the game due to family wedding, but have passed my seat onto someone else.

Think it will be postponed.
    Would be right for Leicesters next game to be at home where the whole club can pay their respects as one. They're home to Burnley on the 10th should be their next game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Think it will be postponed.
    Would be right for Leicesters next game to be at home where the whole club can pay their respects as one. They're home to Burnley on the 10th should be their next game.
    I’m sure they will be paying their respects as one at the Burnley game regardless wether they play an away game in between first.

As sad as it is, and he did sound a real top bloke, life goes on. I don’t think having the players dwell on it for a few weeks helps them. I’m sure they will want to get back out there and play the game for him next Saturday.

I've got a feeling some players may need counseling before they return to training, especially the ones who witnessed the fireball close up. It was bad enough watching it on tv without having any connection to those involved, so I can only imagine what it must have been like for the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I've got a feeling some players may need counseling before they return to training, especially the ones who witnessed the fireball close up. It was bad enough watching it on tv without having any connection to those involved, so I can only imagine what it must have been like for the players.
    And that maybe what is happening ,a consultation going on with the players before making a decision on asking for a postponement .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And that maybe what is happening ,a consultation going on with the players before making a decision on asking for a postponement .
    Former England goalkeeper Peter Shilton spoke earlier, he also witnessed it and said that he was still in shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Former England goalkeeper Peter Shilton spoke earlier, he also witnessed it and said that he is still in shock.
    Dreadful some of the clips on the BBC news,suggest they are not in a good place as a team emotionally as in this clip
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/46020737

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46012281

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Dreadful some of the clips on the BBC news,suggest they are not in a good place as a team emotionally as in this clip
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/46020737

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46012281
    James Vardy was in pieces there. The more I hear about Srivaddhanaprabha, it seems as though he wasn't your average club owner, but more like one of the lads, and was even known to many of the fans. It really is a huge loss for the club.

They seem to think on the foxes forum that the match will be postponed even though the Leicester allocation for Saturday's match has been sold out.

Listening to Radio Cymru on the way to work earlier, they were saying the decision rests with the Leicester players who want the game to go ahead.

If the game does go ahead, it’s going to be a very strange atmosphere.

Maybe a little uncouth but not sure if it does go ahead what it means for the result of the game. Will Leicester be under too much pressure to win for the boss? Will it spur them on? Will the lack of attendance because of the rugby make for an even more eerie atmosphere?

From a selfish point of view, I’m not sure wherher I want this game to go ahead or not Saturday although obviously it should be down to the people it affected most

For me, there has been one game postponed as a mark of respect, so now Leicester should start playing again. Otherwise, I believe there is a danger of the club being out on hold so to speak for a considerable time as we wait for the players to decide when they're ready to resume.

The thing is, they are all individuals who will react differently. I may be wrong, but I would have thought there were a few in the dressing room who would want to get back playing as soon as possible so that they can return to some sort of normality in their life, while there'll be others who will be haunted by what happened for weeks, months or years to come - it seems unfeasible to me that everyone waits until they feel ready to play again, but, then again, that's easy for me to say because I've never really experienced something as traumatic as that in my life.

The tragedy will affect individuals in a different way but as a group they will help each other.
    I suspect that after the players have had a few days to come to terms with what happened and received counselling over the next few days, they will be ready to play.

Similarly, once the fans and the city of Leicester have paid their respects and had their vigils this week, there will be a feeling of the show must go on.

I see it as being played, a minute silence before the game and then shackles off.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Maybe a little uncouth but not sure if it does go ahead what it means for the result of the game. Will Leicester be under too much pressure to win for the boss? Will it spur them on? Will the lack of attendance because of the rugby make for an even more eerie atmosphere?

From a selfish point of view, I’m not sure wherher I want this game to go ahead or not Saturday although obviously it should be down to the people it affected most
    What lack of attendance ?. Upper tier ninian is only available area. 30000+ crowd expected.

I hope they do play, as I think it will be better for them mentally and emotionally, but they would need to start training and preparing for the game, and only they can decide that.