+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: as it's looking likely that the game goes ahead on Sat...

as it's looking likely that the game goes ahead on Sat...

..Warnock has to get the players ready..I think Leicester may be there for the taking if we go at them from the start..a la Fulham.

Re: as it's looking likely that the game goes ahead on Sat...

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ..Warnock has to get the players ready..I think Leicester may be there for the taking if we go at them from the start..a la Fulham.
    I think differently. !!!!!!!

..tell me more Tony

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ..tell me more Tony
    I was referring to how the Leicester players would react, not the actual "is it on, is it off" matter.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I was referring to how the Leicester players would react, not the actual "is it on, is it off" matter.
    Think the same, they'll probably never be as up for a game as they will be for this if its on.

....i thought you meant the team.
    Neil will have to get our lot up to pace..it was always going to be a tough game before the accident.
    If anyone can do it he can.

I think differently. !!!!!!!
    I agree I can't help but think it will spur them on.

I think they’re one of the better sides in the league anyway, and they’re going to be really spurred on for this now Saturday.

We are in the awkward position of wanting to spoil their first chance to pay respects. As long as we are respectful off the pitch.

All about the football when the whistle goes and during the 90 minutes I hope its a miserable experience for them. Will be tough as I think when they will be well up for it.

Hopefully we can offer them as good a way to pay respect as possible given the time frame.

I think they will be up for this like no other.
    Hope it's postponed

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I think they will be up for this like no other.
    Hope it's postponed
    Same here. I was going to post the same last night but didn't in case some felt it insensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think they’re one of the better sides in the league anyway, and they’re going to be really spurred on for this now Saturday.

We are in the awkward position of wanting to spoil their first chance to pay respects. As long as we are respectful off the pitch.
    Sometimes the fans can look for signs of defeat, for example when City fans started saying "Do a Cardiff", and times when fans can push off any signs of negative and carry players to better performance, for example "we're not fecking scared in League cup semi". The highest level of respect we can show is acknowledging the event before the game, and ensuring no one is disrespectful, but trying our hardest to win the game on and off the pitch. They don't want to be patronised by us giving them the points and we desperately need to take the opportunity for ourselves and, frankly, we have done enough charity work as a defence and occasionally limited forward line already this season.

They can have the pre-match but the 90 minutes are ours.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Sometimes the fans can look for signs of defeat, for example when City fans started saying "Do a Cardiff", and times when fans can push off any signs of negative and carry players to better performance, for example "we're not fecking scared in League cup semi". The highest level of respect we can show is acknowledging the event before the game, and ensuring no one is disrespectful, but trying our hardest to win the game on and off the pitch. They don't want to be patronised by us giving them the points and we desperately need to take the opportunity for ourselves and, frankly, we have done enough charity work as a defence and occasionally limited forward line already this season.

They can have the pre-match but the 90 minutes are ours.
    The notion that they will be 'up for it' because of the tragic events on Sunday are pretty baseless, I don't quite understand how recent events could make top level professionals become more focused or try harder. My thinking is that it would affect their performance if they're running on emotion, this isn't the Welsh League. Leicester are a good side anyway, play the quick game, in fact, i'd say that they're a model for us. It'll be a tough game.

It's been confirmed that the game will go ahead.