+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Striker In January

Striker In January

A striker i'd love to see back at the ccs would be Cameron Jerome, physcial quick strong a good footballing head. And due to his age we'd easily have him on a 6 month / year contract. Think he'd suit us with big balls/ balls into danger areas.

I'd love to have him back.

Re: Striker In January

Quote Originally Posted by TWMY View Post
    A striker i'd love to see back at the ccs would be Cameron Jerome, physcial quick strong a good footballing head. And due to his age we'd easily have him on a 6 month / year contract. Think he'd suit us with big balls/ balls into danger areas.

And Eddie Johnson? or maybe Phil Stant? What the hell lets all go Leo. I'm with you - He's probably retired and without a club anyway so its more realistic than Dzeko.

What about Jermaine Defoe? He can't be enjoying the back end of his career sitting it out on the bench or in the reserves at Bournemouth.

Dzeko's not coming to Cardiff EVER. Be realistic he's on a huge salary probably 100K a week at Roma. And at the end of the day that's all it comes down to. Sitting in a villa in the warm or in one of those nice flats down the bay where it pisses down 80% of the time.

Dzeko's not coming to Cardiff EVER. Be realistic he's on a huge salary probably 100K a week at Roma. And at the end of the day that's all it comes down to. Sitting in a villa in the warm or in one of those nice flats down the bay where it pisses down 80% of the time.
    I do realise Dzeko isn't coming to Cardiff - I also don't think Jerome will either as he's getting on a bit now and is topping up his pension out in the nice warmth of Turkey as I guess there were no takers in the championship or nobody willing to pay his salary in League 1 - however he has scored a goal this season so is outdoing our Ken and Gary

What about someone like Chris Wood or Charlie Austin, since their moves both players seem to have stagnated a bit. Within our budget as well i should imagine

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    And Eddie Johnson? or maybe Phil Stant? What the hell lets all go Leo. I'm with you - He's probably retired and without a club anyway so its more realistic than Dzeko.
    John Parkin

What about someone like Chris Wood or Charlie Austin, since their moves both players seem to have stagnated a bit. Within our budget as well i should imagine
    Think Charlie Austin is a good shout and he's worked with Warnock before I believe.

The player holding the shirt has 2 in 3 starts. Be interesting to see how it pans out with Paterson.

Never have ex-players back.
    With very few exceptions, they're crap on their return.

Mitrovic would have been perfect. I think it depends where we are sitting, I can't see Southampton letting Austin go to a rival.

If we have a decent gap from relegation zone probably worth gambling.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Never have ex-players back.
    With very few exceptions, they're crap on their return.
    I think Bale would do OK if he came back

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I think Bale would do OK if he came back
    But we'd have to repay the sell-on fee

Not a bad shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    What about Jermaine Defoe? He can't be enjoying the back end of his career sitting it out on the bench or in the reserves at Bournemouth.
    Would love him here, how much is he on at Bournemouth?

Rooney would love one more stint in the Premier League.
    Come on Wayne - you know it makes sense. We've always loved you here in Cardiff. None of us thought you should have been sent off 5 years ago, none of us have ever accused your wife of taking it up the arse and none of us have ever talked about you being a granny grabber.

If we want a battering ram then there's either Paul Onuachu, who is at FCM in Denmark

Or Lacina Traore, who is available on a free I think, having been released by Monaco - Has played and scored in champions league, but doens't seem to have really lasted anywhere he's been so far.

Onuachu is 2.01 metres tall and Traore is 2.03
    Thats something like 6'7 and 6'8 in old money

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Rooney would love one more stint in the Premier League.
    Come on Wayne - you know it makes sense. We've always loved you here in Cardiff. None of us thought you should have been sent off 5 years ago, none of us have ever accused your wife of taking it up the arse and none of us have ever talked about you being a granny grabber.
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    😂
    He'd make us a different team.

Wasn't the lad from Forest Green Rovers mentioned a few times in the summer - Christian Doidge?

Someone was saying that he's a City fan as well.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Wasn't the lad from Forest Green Rovers mentioned a few times in the summer - Christian Doidge?

Someone was saying that he's a City fan as well.
    He's at Bolton now.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Would love him here, how much is he on at Bournemouth?
    He's on 100k pw apparently, which would make it difficult as we can't loan both him and Arter. We'd either have to buy Arter and loan him, or buy Defoe on £100k pw. Obviously, we could always buy both as well!