+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leicester game is on

Leicester game is on

City statement just posted.

Re: Leicester game is on

We're gonna be the baddies in this, whatever happens.
    Win and we're taking advantage of a club in mourning.
    Lose and "Leicester do it for their boss".
    Slightest foul and we'll be vilified.

"Let's win this for Vichai!" will be Claude Puel's dressing room battle cry. Saturday will be the easiest pre-match motivational talk he's ever had.

Those Leicester players did not look like they should be playing within a week of what happened, especially with the spotlight that will inevitably surround the game. However, the game is on, the 3 points are there so it's a massive game for us, tactically I hope we really, really throw the kitchen sink at them for the first 10-15 minutes. An early goal and I think they could well capitulate, I feel sorry for those Leicester players having to come and play the game, but the decision has now been made, they're a talented team so we should really go at them for the opening third of the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    We're gonna be the baddies in this, whatever happens.
    Win and we're taking advantage of a club in mourning.
    Lose and "Leicester do it for their boss".
    Slightest foul and we'll be vilified.

We’ll them respect before and after the game but during it we need to go for the jugular.
    3 points are on the table and we need them.
    The entire nation want a Leicester win.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    We’ll them respect before and after the game but during it we need to go for the jugular.
    3 points are on the table and we need them.
    The entire nation want a Leicester win.
    the entire nation would’ve wanted a leicester win regardless of the disaster last week!

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    the entire nation would’ve wanted a leicester win regardless of the disaster last week!
    There would’ve been a fair percentage who wouldn’t give a feck but they will now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Which nation? Am sure most in Wales can separate wishing Leicester the best from wishing them three points.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Which nation? Am sure most in Wales can separate wishing Leicester the best from wishing them three points.
    Are we even that well liked within Wales ?

Business as usual now then, show respect pre game and post game but go for it for the 90+ minutes against a side who may be fragile

Clap them on, applaud all their pre-match stuff and clap them off at the end (regardless of whether they win 4-0 or lose 4-0) for having the bottle to play the game.

Business as usual in the 90 mins in between though - in their faces, pressure on the ref, crowd booing every touch Vardy, Maddison etc take.

The Leicester players will take to the field with steely-eyed determination. They will each appear to stand three inches taller than they really are. Their smallest players will sidle up to Morrison to emit ferocious growls, and he'll slink away. Claude Puel, like the Emperor Tiberius, will cut a majestic figure as he urges his charges to sweep forward and attack at every opportunity, while our Neil will be sat quietly on the bench throughout, hood up and staring blankly at the ground.

I see Leicester won't be flying to the game. Is it me or is it more effort than it's worth flying from Leicester to Cardiff can't be a great deal in travel between pick up and drop off.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I see Leicester won't be flying to the game. Is it me or is it more effort than it's worth flying from Leicester to Cardiff can't be a great deal in travel between pick up and drop off.
    It’s only 2 and a half hours drive