Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: Brexit thread

Re: Brexit thread

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    That is putting the cart before the horse, you asked ''How will it affect Wales?'', I gave my answer which you haven't disputed but you don't seem to like where the answer leads.
    I think you are sorely mistaken if you think that I have a predilection as to where things will lead. I ask questions in order to glean answers and always try to dig when people proffer their opinions. Some base their views on other than anecdote and myopia and others on information they have researched. As someone who can be swayed by the latter I am prepared to listen rather than shoehorn my opinions to fit any underlying agenda. I am not party political for that very reason.

You ask questions because you don't know, yes I get that.

You ask questions because you don't know, yes I get that.
    I am always happy to be educated to a greater degree, old fruit.

Robert Peston thinks the UK will leave the EU without a deal on 12 April, all the experts I have seen in the last 24 hours are saying no deal, will they be right ?

Oh things are moving fast as regards sentiment and its been like that for the last week or so, if I was a bookie odds would be changing all the time, latest whispers is the Government are going to give Parliament indicative votes [if and when MV3 loses] so a soft Brexit might well come into play.
    May/Government driving the car = no deal
    Parliament taking control via indicative votes and driving the car = soft Brexit imo, talk of 7 choices being on the table.

Oh things are moving fast as regards sentiment and its been like that for the last week or so, if I was a bookie odds would be changing all the time, latest whispers is the Government are going to give Parliament indicative votes [if and when MV3 loses] so a soft Brexit might well come into play.
    May/Government driving the car = no deal
    Parliament taking control via indicative votes and driving the car = soft Brexit imo, talk of 7 choices being on the table.
    We need a referendum regarding the seven options. That'll settle it...

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    We need a referendum regarding the seven options. That'll settle it...
    We need a referendum about the need for a defending

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The Leave Means Leave march (which apparently cost people £50 each to sign up to) is looking pretty pathetic. Numbers not even in three figures, Farage has no intention of joining them other than for brief photo ops, barely a person under 50 which doesn't suggest that the people who will live with brexit are that motivated to "save" it. It just looks like a miserable time.

How many turned up to the People's Vote march again? I can't remember. Was it less or more than this?
    Another People's Vote march again today. Can it possibly match Nigel's for turnout?

Another People's Vote march again today. Can it possibly match Nigel's for turnout?
    Nigel is with his walkers today, and there are 137 ardent brexiteers marching alongside him. It's touch and go which one is bigger.

Nigel is with his walkers today, and there are 137 ardent brexiteers marching alongside him. It's touch and go which one is bigger.

Brilliant in London today. So many people (...although I still managed to bump into my next door neighbour . )

Like last time, great Welsh turnout too For a few short hours you got the feeling that sanity has been restored....

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Brilliant in London today. So many people (...although I still managed to bump into my next door neighbour . )

Like last time, great Welsh turnout too For a few short hours you got the feeling that sanity has been restored....
    Why did Wales vote to leave is beyond me, they missed a lovely day out .

[QUOTE=life on mars;4961510]Why did Wales vote to leave is beyond me, they missed a lovely day out .[

Trivialize all you like, but 1m people on the streets of London will have an impact.

[QUOTE=Swiss Peter;4961579]
    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Why did Wales vote to leave is beyond me, they missed a lovely day out .[

Trivialize all you like, but 1m people on the streets of London will have an impact.
    They recon a million marched against the Iraq war it made no difference.

What did make a difference was when the Welsh [along with Northern Irish and Scottish] stopped us going to war in Syria as in boots on the ground when they voted it down, the English mps voted for war the Celtic mps literally on mass voted against and for once we beat the weight of numbers of the English mps.