+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brexit thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Brexit thread

It was probably easier to post the link to the Daily Telegraph article on which the argument that after a couple of years negotiation we are suddenly quibbling about the pension liabilities as part of our financial settlement in the Withdrawal Agreement.

I am sure I heard from Theresa May that we were 95% there on the Withdrawal Agreement. If this has suddenly become an issue I presume we have the negotiating power to dig our heels in. Perhaps this is one of the reasons our well-paid negotiator Dominic Raab sent a letter stating that a deal would be made by 21 November and then had to do a U turn hours later. Any difference between his and Barnier's salary is probably a competence bonus.

In terms of the leading question, what's my view on these excessive wages, they are relatively high for public servants but definitely very low for CEOs and other senior directors who are managing similar sized organisations often with less complexity. Here are the salaries of the directors of Carillion as an example.

https://news.sky.com/story/carillion...ilure-11209838

Re: Brexit thread

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It was probably easier to post the link to the Daily Telegraph article on which the argument that after a couple of years negotiation we are suddenly quibbling about the pension liabilities as part of our financial settlement in the Withdrawal Agreement.

I am sure I heard from Theresa May that we were 95% there on the Withdrawal Agreement. If this has suddenly become an issue I presume we have the negotiating power to dig our heels in. Perhaps this is one of the reasons our well-paid negotiator Dominic Raab sent a letter stating that a deal would be made by 21 November and then had to do a U turn hours later. Any difference between his and Barnier's salary is probably a competence bonus.

In terms of the leading question, what's my view on these excessive wages, they are relatively high for public servants but definitely very low for CEOs and other senior directors who are managing similar sized organisations often with less complexity. Here are the salaries of the directors of Carillion as an example.

https://news.sky.com/story/carillion...ilure-11209838
    Exactly what I thought when reading about those salaries - they are big (too big in my view), but they look quite modest when compared to some in the private sector.