+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Brexit thread

Re: Brexit thread

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Theresa May seems to be moving away from 'no deal' - BOO, it now seems to be dawning on her that it will put the union at risk = oi luv, the people voted for it.
    It's like parliament is walking around with thier hands on ears singing la,la,la,la,la,la,la,la,la,la.

Were Corbyn or May on the March on Saturday?

No surprise that Labour are in talks with the Conservatives their policies are very similar on lots of topics and its been like that for decades, Brexit is just one more area where they have similar policies.

No surprise that Labour are in talks with the Conservatives their policies are very similar on lots of topics and its been like that for decades, Brexit is just one more area where they have similar policies.
    Both parties have always been split regarding Europe - and the stances taken both May and Corbyn have vacillated. Both parties have pro and anti-Brexit supporters under their respective banners and it is hardly a case of a close marriage.

Collectivism in action!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It's like parliament is walking around with thier hands on ears singing la,la,la,la,la,la,la,la,la,la.

Were Corbyn or May on the March on Saturday?
    The next general election is going to be fun, not that it will matter much since we will be under the control of the EU dictatorship by then.

Talks said to be going well so far between Theresa and Jeremy [but they would say that anyway], but if Jeremy does not demand a peoples vote on whatever is decided lots of people speculating it will be the end of Labour.

Talks said to be going well so far between Theresa and Jeremy [but they would say that anyway], but if Jeremy does not demand a peoples vote on whatever is decided lots of people speculating it will be the end of Labour.
    Some people are saying that it will be the end of the Conservatives too. I very much doubt it on both counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Some people are saying that it will be the end of the Conservatives too. I very much doubt it on both counts.
    What the end of the national party of England, oh dear.

I’d love to smash up JRM face and it would be so easy you wouldn’t even have to try

What the end of the national party of England, oh dear.
    Your anti-English rants at every turn are so very predictable.

Such an observation is hardly an anti English rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The next general election is going to be fun, not that it will matter much since we will be under the control of the EU dictatorship by then.

The skool bully ccmb brigade have no voice in the privacy of the ballot box

Such an observation is hardly an anti English rant.
    It's the same slant as usual however you couch it.

It's the same slant as usual however you couch it.
    The truth hurts and it particularly hurts snowflakes.

I think we should have left asap having voted out, but since its taken so long to try and get out and now its recognised that many people were misled in what they voted for then at this stage another referendum with no deal v remain would be the way forward, I think that is preferential to Mays deal v remain or any May/Corbyn deal v remain as all the leave voters I know voted for out and not some half in half out concoction.

With the outrage of some MPs following the bill asking for a delay so we can get a better deal, you have to wonder what some of these MPs are getting out of a no deal

[QUOTE=Swiss Peter;4961620]
    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Yes, I agree with your point. I am solidly remain, but I noted yesterday (as with the last march) how unrepresentative the marchers are of the typical ethnic/socio-economic profile I see on the way to work, or walking down any high street. The crowd was diverse in terms of age, but that's it. (Hence all the "I'm really starting to get quite cross about this" style banners yesterday ). I accept that it needs to be seen in that context.
    A very middle class protest

The chattering classes can't agree what leave means, as regards the masses the leave voters I know voted leave as in no deal, as in out is out and not some version of half in and half out.

The chattering classes can't agree what leave means, as regards the masses the leave voters I know voted leave as in no deal, as in out is out and not some version of half in and half out.
    Maybe they say that now, but at the time? All the talk before the referendum was that we'd easily get a tariff free deal without the extras.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Maybe they say that now, but at the time? All the talk before the referendum was that we'd easily get a tariff free deal without the extras.
    Oh no butt, they said it at the time, its only now that the odd leave voter from the masses is talking single markets, customs union, freedom of movement etc, at the time the leaver voters from the masses that I know where all out is out, in fact the ones that I know are still out is out.

Oh no butt, they said it at the time, its only now that the odd leave voter from the masses is talking single markets, customs union, freedom of movement etc, at the time the leaver voters from the masses that I know where all out is out, in fact the ones that I know are still out is out.
    Mmm ok

The truth hurts and it particularly hurts snowflakes.
    Oh deary, deary me. The 'snowflake' epithet is wheeled out as if it says anything other than something about the person who uses it.

By the way, the fact that I have not suggested at any stage that I have been offended (and I'm not English either, by the way) makes the use of that word even sillier in the circumstances.

Oh deary, deary me. The 'snowflake' epithet is wheeled out as if it says anything other than something about the person who uses it.

By the way, the fact that I have not suggested at any stage that I have been offended (and I'm not English either, by the way) makes the use of that word even sillier in the circumstances.
    You are the one seeing anti English sentiment in a sentence when nothing anti English was said , snowflakes are known to take offence for no reason and even for taking offence on others behalf when there is no offence in the first place, when a debate ensures snowflakes are then known to melt.

You are the one seeing anti English sentiment in a sentence when nothing anti English was said , snowflakes are known to take offence for no reason and even for taking offence on others behalf when there is no offence in the first place, when a debate ensures snowflakes are then known to melt.
    No offence was mentioned whatsoever on anyone's behalf. You have a history about blaming the English for a multitude of things and I just feel that it is disingenuous. If you disagree why not debate sensibly rather than use vacuous ad hominem epithets?

No offence was mentioned whatsoever on anyone's behalf. You have a history about blaming the English for a multitude of things and I just feel that it is disingenuous. If you disagree why not debate sensibly rather than use vacuous ad hominem epithets?
    There you go again accusing, its a sign that a person has lost a debate, you said and I quote ''Some people are saying that it will be the end of the Conservatives too. I very much doubt it on both counts.''
    I said in response ''What the end of the national party of England, oh dear.'' And you then said '' Your anti-English rants at every turn are so very predictable.''
    Saying ''What the end of the national party of England, oh dear.'' is not an anti English rant, only a snowflake would think that and the only person ranting is you.
    If you want to debate with me I deal in facts, figures and witness statements if you don't like such evidence used to back up an argument then don't bother commenting on my posts.