Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
Just for clarity the thrust of my response was to gently ridicule the far reached theory that the closure of the Llanelli factory was a punishment beating by a multi-national German manufacturer rather than a hard headed commercial decision. This was coupled with the intimation this happened as the CEO is clearly a very close friend of Merkel's (based on his participation in a visit to the White House). My response was as serious as I took your original argument.

Since then you have reinforced your line of argument a couple of times with the belief of the forthcoming Fourth Reich (of course this will look more like the First or Second Reich rather than the nasty Third one). Apparently this realm is possible because the ECB, though headed by an Italian, is based in Frankfurt and Macron used to be an investment banker for two years (although with Rothchild rather than Goldman Sachs). It seems theories based on little fact and leaps of faith is the vogue these days.

I am untroubled by your thoughts on the colour of my thinking though it seems people can take umbrage at such accusations!
Ah yes my mistake. He worked for Rothschild but, according to Wikileaks, he accepted a donation for his presidential election campaign from GS, along with
Soros: 2 365 910,16 €
David Rothschild: 976 126,87 €
Goldman-Sachs: 2 145 100 €

https://twitter.com/cassandra_ilion/...527894022?s=21

Having worked in politics for many years I suppose I see how the world works in a very different way to the average person. Using Occam’s Razor is handy - what is the likeliest explanation for Merkel having Rosenfeld sat next to her as she parleys with her newly powerful ideological foe?

She’s bound to have picked someone she likes and trusts to be in that plum seat. You know, to back her up and to give good counsel.

And given that Rosenfeld himself said that the Llanelli plant was closing due to “uncertainty over Brexit” is it likely that there was an element of punishing Leavers in that decision?

It is hardly a “far-reached theory”; in fact it is the most likely explanation. But you being you, credulous and frightened, means that you will always believe what Auntie Beeb and Uncle Grauniad tell you.

Night night little Cyril. I will leave the landing light on so you won’t have nightmares about Rees-Mogg, Trump, BoJo and Farage. We don’t want you wetting the bed again do we?