Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
I no , it's crazy isn't it , her deal ain't hard , hard is crashing out.

To all I have derided, I seek your humble forgiveness .🙄
I get that they are ambiguous terms but there has been so much on the news about why the deal hasn't passed and it is nothing to do with it being 'soft brexit' highlighted by the fact that you cant name one person who said it was. It hasn't got through parliament because of the backstop, the current backstop is an invention of the UK government so to say the withdrawal agreement was 'drawn up by the EU to suit them' is just plain fantasy.

This 'soft brexit deal' you speak of is a harder brexit than the majority of brexit campaigners were in favour of during the referendum. The official campaign insisted we wouldn't leave without a deal. The goalposts have been moved in the last 6 months by brexiteers who gain from economic turmoil. They are trying to make the public believe that no deal is just normal, it sounds like they have managed it.

May's proposed future arrangement (agreed in principle by the EU) takes us out of the customs union, out of the single market, ends free movement. How, from any perspective, you could consider that soft among the spectrum of other potential relationships available to us, I simply do not know.