+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Brexit thread

Re: Brexit thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    This is the alternative theory that has kept me sitting on the fence, and I won't move off it until somebody plays their hand. Even Trump has been keeping his cards pretty close to his chest. He talks a good game, but I have seen little evidence of action one way or the other.
    What struck me with Smith's article is that he's placed a timeline on it. If he's proved wrong his considerable reputation will go up in smoke. We'll all know whether it will or not in less than seven weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    What struck me with Smith's article is that he's placed a timeline on it. If he's proved wrong his considerable reputation will go up in smoke. We'll all know whether it will or not in less than seven weeks.
    It's always good to be aware of opposing theories, even if the media try to push you in a single direction, and the further they are apart the better.

You simply can't make it a yes/no type of question, as there are too many players involved at all levels. I am not taking sides, just observing from a distance. All I know is there are people who are prepared to stop Brexit by any means, as there were people who were prepared to stop Trump. The difference is what has happened in the US is slowly being exposed, and we may yet get to see how long these tenticles are. Organ will have little trouble understanding the point I am trying to make, but I will admit it is fairly complex topic if you don't have a bit of background knowledge.
    It was a yes/no question - do you believe the Leave side broke the law? Even if you think there are extenuating circumstances, it's still a yes/no question. It's funny how you don't take sides then only highlight the anti-Trump and Remain campaigns yet when there's a question about the Leave you drop a smoke bomb.

Anyhow, fingers crossed that Italy (the fave to) or another of the 27 veto this Brexit delay proposal and Britain leave 15 days hence.

Anyhow, fingers crossed that Italy (the fave to) or another of the 27 veto this Brexit delay proposal and Britain leave 15 days hence.
    Indeed. Let's hope someone from the EU over-rides our Parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    It was a yes/no question - do you believe the Leave side broke the law? Even if you think there are extenuating circumstances, it's still a yes/no question. It's funny how you don't take sides then only highlight the anti-Trump and Remain campaigns yet when there's a question about the Leave you drop a smoke bomb.
    The answer is I don't know and I am not going to guess. Have there been any convictions?

Indeed. Let's hope someone from the EU over-rides our Parliament.
    Wait, is this a joke?

Wait, is this a joke?
    Of course not. Surprised you're, as the Yanks say, behind the curve on the prospect of Blighty being forced out.

Brexiters lobby for European veto of article 50 extension.

Veto by a country such as Italy or Poland could lead to a no-deal Brexit this month. https://www.theguardian.com/politics...e-50-extension

Of course not. Surprised you're, as the Yanks say, behind the curve on the prospect of Blighty being forced out.

Brexiters lobby for European veto of article 50 extension.

Veto by a country such as Italy or Poland could lead to a no-deal Brexit this month. https://www.theguardian.com/politics...e-50-extension
    Yeah, I know that, but does Bluebirdman want out on the 29th? I thought everybody on here wanted at least a 50 or 100 year extension to Article 50.

I was implying there was a certain irony that Leavers have been asking EU members to veto the extension.

I was implying there was a certain irony that Leavers have been asking EU members to veto the extension.
    I didn't think it was that hard to understand what you meant

I knew it!

You simply can't make it a yes/no type of question, as there are too many players involved at all levels. I am not taking sides, just observing from a distance. All I know is there are people who are prepared to stop Brexit by any means, as there were people who were prepared to stop Trump. The difference is what has happened in the US is slowly being exposed, and we may yet get to see how long these tenticles are. Organ will have little trouble understanding the point I am trying to make, but I will admit it is fairly complex topic if you don't have a bit of background knowledge.
    I don't have your "background knowledge", but I can certainly accept the notion that there are anti Trump and anti Brexit forces about that are out to stop them and in most cases I would guess money is the motivation behind their actions. However, even you have to accept that, for now at least, it is Trump who has staffers and associates that are being jailed and pleading guilty to or being charged with offences, mostly financial in nature, and it is the Leave campaign that has been fined for and is being investigated for electoral irregularities.

I actually read all of that Brandon Smith article that Organ posted a link to and found it more plausible than I expected it to be - I've always had a feeling that the 2008 crash was still going on in many ways. However, despite your claims to be "on the fence" regarding the alternative theory outlined in Smith's article to the one you mostly post about, your actions over a period of years, show that you are anything but neutral on the subjects which interest you.

You are completely one sided in what you post. Nothing wrong with that, most of us are much the same as you, but I've not come across many who claim to be a neutral observer of events in the manner you do, when it's as plain as the nose on your face that you are anything but that.

Anyway, despite the fact that the pair of you sometimes appear to be kindred spirits on here, the truth is that for one of you to be right regarding, for example, Trump, the other one has to be spectacularly wrong. It's like Leave voters with Brexit saying that they all voted for the same thing - while the goal was the same, the methods by which they think we arrive at that goal tend to differ greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don't have your "background knowledge", but I can certainly accept the notion that there are anti Trump and anti Brexit forces about that are out to stop them and in most cases I would guess money is the motivation behind their actions. However, even you have to accept that, for now at least, it is Trump who has staffers and associates that are being jailed and pleading guilty to or being charged with offences, mostly financial in nature, and it is the Leave campaign that has been fined for and is being investigated for electoral irregularities.

I actually read all of that Brandon Smith article that Organ posted a link to and found it more plausible than I expected it to be - I've always had a feeling that the 2008 crash was still going on in many ways. However, despite your claims to be "on the fence" regarding the alternative theory outlined in Smith's article to the one you mostly post about, your actions over a period of years, show that you are anything but neutral on the subjects which interest you.

You are completely one sided in what you post. Nothing wrong with that, most of us are much the same as you, but I've not come across many who claim to be a neutral observer of events in the manner you do, when it's as plain as the nose on your face that you are anything but that.

Anyway, despite the fact that the pair of you sometimes appear to be kindred spirits on here, the truth is that for one of you to be right regarding, for example, Trump, the other one has to be spectacularly wrong. It's like Leave voters with Brexit saying that they all voted for the same thing - while the goal was the same, the methods by which they think we arrive at that goal tend to differ greatly.
    Where Smith's article is hosted - http://www.alt-market.com/articles/3...gineered-crash - he joins the discussion thread beneath to expand somewhat.

I've posted the following quote several times previously around here. Denis Healey wrote it in one of his books: 'World events do not occur by accident. They are made to happen, whether it is to do with national issues or commerce; and most of them are staged and managed by those who hold the purse strings'. I was going to post it unsourced as my own words in the New Zealand shootings thread on the other side hoping to draw in one or more of the Noddies who are banging on about conspiracy theories as a knee-jerk against anything they haven't been trained to believe before informing them of its origin and just who Healey really was. But decided not to as it wasn't the time or place.

Smith did indeed predict Brexit and a Trump win. He also dismissed him as another Whitehouse globalist stooge who'd be installed to distract, divide, polarise and, most importantly, be the patsy for a calamitous economic meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

It's not "my" background knowledge, it's anybody who has followed the anti-Trump investigations and realized that they may have been an organised hit job. It should also be noted that some of the people involved are from Britain.

Regarding the convictions you mentioned, none of them had anything to do with Trump. Some of them were historical, as in the case of Manafort who incidentally had been previously investigated for these same crimes, which the DOJ had declined to prosecute. What changed?

As to being one sided it was a relatively narrow subject, and I justed posted what I thought to be correct. There were plenty of people posting about the other side of the story.

BTW Organ is not a kindred spirit our views differ considerably, but where we are similar is that we are both open minded, take opposing views into account, and impose no bounds on potential outcomes. Some people can't think past the reporting of their favourite news sources, which invariably leads to echo chamber opinions, and worse if those sources are wrong.

Anyway, all bets are off if Organ is on the money, and that is exactly why I have been sitting on the fence! I was simply commenting on events as they happened in real time, and not on the end-game which is an entirely different matter.

A pretty hard Brexit after a one year extension to Article 50
    If May's Brexit is a hard one , why are others calling it a soft Brexit ?? and why don't the ERG back it , if it's that hard , isn't that what they want ??

My understanding it's a soft/safe Brexit ,with its details mainly drawn up by Europe not May ,to suit them ,not us , hence the opposition to her deal ??

It's not "my" background knowledge, it's anybody who has followed the anti-Trump investigations and realized that they may have been an organised hit job. It should also be noted that some of the people involved are from Britain.

Regarding the convictions you mentioned, none of them had anything to do with Trump. Some of them were historical, as in the case of Manafort who incidentally had been previously investigated for these same crimes, which the DOJ had declined to prosecute. What changed?

As to being one sided it was a relatively narrow subject, and I justed posted what I thought to be correct. There were plenty of people posting about the other side of the story.

BTW Organ is not a kindred spirit our views differ considerably, but where we are similar is that we are both open minded, take opposing views into account, and impose no bounds on potential outcomes. Some people can't think past the reporting of their favourite news sources, which invariably leads to echo chamber opinions, and worse if those sources are wrong.
    I would also add people cannot see past their narrow political allegiances ,resulting in no compromise or criticism of those they follow, all parties have good and bad ideas and ideals ,its okay to become critical of something .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If May's Brexit is a hard one , why are others calling it a soft Brexit ?? and why don't the ERG back it , if it's that hard , isn't that what they want ??

My understanding it's a soft/safe Brexit ,with its details mainly drawn up by Europe not May ,to suit them ,not us , hence the opposition to her deal ??
    I don't even know what to say, are you having me on? You have spent the last few months deriding anyone who doesn't want the withdrawal agreement to be voted through and you don't even know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I don't even know what to say, are you having me on? You have spent the last few months deriding anyone who doesn't want the withdrawal agreement to be voted through and you don't even know what it is.
    I no , it's crazy isn't it , her deal ain't hard , hard is crashing out.

To all I have derided, I seek your humble forgiveness .🙄

I no , it's crazy isn't it , her deal ain't hard , hard is crashing out.

To all I have derided, I seek your humble forgiveness .🙄
    I get that they are ambiguous terms but there has been so much on the news about why the deal hasn't passed and it is nothing to do with it being 'soft brexit' highlighted by the fact that you cant name one person who said it was. It hasn't got through parliament because of the backstop, the current backstop is an invention of the UK government so to say the withdrawal agreement was 'drawn up by the EU to suit them' is just plain fantasy.

This 'soft brexit deal' you speak of is a harder brexit than the majority of brexit campaigners were in favour of during the referendum. The official campaign insisted we wouldn't leave without a deal. The goalposts have been moved in the last 6 months by brexiteers who gain from economic turmoil. They are trying to make the public believe that no deal is just normal, it sounds like they have managed it.

May's proposed future arrangement (agreed in principle by the EU) takes us out of the customs union, out of the single market, ends free movement. How, from any perspective, you could consider that soft among the spectrum of other potential relationships available to us, I simply do not know.

You may take "opposing views into account" but, as far as the things you mainly post on this board go, you never let them change your opinion. As for "open minded", the current count has you down as posting more than 12,900 messages on here. Now, I'm sure that the large majority of those apply to the globalists v non globalists conflict, so can you show me just ten messages among the many thousand on the subject you have posted which come down on the globalists side - if you are really so open minded, then I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem for you at all.

As I say, most of us are not open minded when it comes to politics - I certainly wish I was more open minded, but at least I do recognise this failing in myself.

You mention Paul Manafort, are you seriously suggesting that Donald Trump's relationship with him only dates back to the time when he confirmed he would be running for President? At the very, very least, the number of sackings, convictions and charges against people he has relied on, given jobs to in Government or employed since Donald Trump announced his candidature shows that he his judgment of others is pretty dreadful.

I would also add people cannot see past their narrow political allegiances ,resulting in no compromise or criticism of those they follow, all parties have good and bad ideas and ideals ,its okay to become critical of something .
    You do realise you are talking to that master of compromise Wales Bales here do you? Also, just because someone says (quite often in the case of Gluey!) they are "open minded" , it doesn't automatically follow that they are!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I get that they are ambiguous terms but there has been so much on the news about why the deal hasn't passed and it is nothing to do with it being 'soft brexit' highlighted by the fact that you cant name one person who said it was. It hasn't got through parliament because of the backstop, the current backstop is an invention of the UK government so to say the withdrawal agreement was 'drawn up by the EU to suit them' is just plain fantasy.

This 'soft brexit deal' you speak of is a harder brexit than the majority of brexit campaigners were in favour of during the referendum. The official campaign insisted we wouldn't leave without a deal. The goalposts have been moved in the last 6 months by brexiteers who gain from economic turmoil. They are trying to make the public believe that no deal is just normal, it sounds like they have managed it.

May's proposed future arrangement (agreed in principle by the EU) takes us out of the customs union, out of the single market, ends free movement. How, from any perspective, you could consider that soft among the spectrum of other potential relationships available to us, I simply do not know.
    Thanks.

Best I better explain (my views ) of a soft or hard Brexit .

A soft Brexit is one where we have an agreed deal
    ( ie May's deal) with a careful cautious exit .

A hard Brexit , would be one , where we simply crash out in chaos with no deal.

With reference to your last paragraph , its intresting as that follows the wish of the people who voted to leave ?

Hope that better explains my view.

Thanks.

Best I better explain (my views ) of a soft or hard Brexit .

A soft Brexit is one where we have an agreed deal
    ( ie May's deal) with a careful cautious exit .

A hard Brexit , would be one , where we simply crash out in chaos with no deal.

With reference to your last paragraph , its intresting as that follows the wish of the people who voted to leave ?

Hope that better explains my view.
    It does follow some of their wishes, those people should want it. Not everyone voted brexit for the same reasons. The reason it has little public support amongst Brexiteers is primarily because it is a cult of personality where the narrative is led by a few key figures. If they are against the deal then a lot of the brexit voting public would be too.

None of the campaign's wanted no deal, it was barely mentioned as an option during the referendum yet now has significant public support. Why? Because they follow the those key Brexiteers every utterance as gospel and they have all lurched towards no deal.