+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Brexit thread

Re: Brexit thread

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Was it your company that was being massively affected by Brexit? Hope things have managed to consolidate themselves
    Was it your company that was being massively affected by Brexit? - Yes

Hope things have managed to consolidate themselves - No

& tomorrows Honda "shock" announcement (at least 5 months in the making) will just compound that.

I need to zip it there!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    When you say non political, do you mean non partisan?
    Its the same meaning .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its the same meaning .
    It's not. Brexit is most certainly political. But I agree with you that it should be non partisan.

Two big towns Swindon / Sunderland vote to leave .
    Both had big car plants and were warned by the car giants no to vote leave as it may risk job loss.
    Neither town has a high percentage far right wing UKIP voters .

I suspect car jobs losses may have happened anyway as the car industry is changing quickly, diesel car made at both plants will drop in sales as hybrid solution rises,perhaps is one of those convenient times to bury bad news and blame something else for its inevitable decision .

It maybe the Japanese economy, as it contracts their companies are slashing spending , and what goes first , is usually your foreign investments , to protect your own GDP.

Two big towns Swindon / Sunderland vote to leave .
    Both had big car plants and were warned by the car giants no to vote leave as it may risk job loss.
    Neither town has a high percentage far right wing UKIP voters .

I suspect car jobs losses may have happened anyway as the car industry is changing quickly, diesel car made at both plants will drop in sales as hybrid solution rises,perhaps is one of those convenient times to bury bad news and blame something else for its inevitable decision .

It maybe the Japanese economy, as it contracts their companies are slashing spending , and what goes first , is usually your foreign investments , to protect your own GDP.

Or the uncontinued uncertainty of the fact that 44 days from us leaving the EU we still haven’t sorted a deal out might just have been the tipping point.

It’s not just a coincidence that Honda as well as other manufacturers are reconsidering their options.

I’ve asked this before but is Brexit really worth it???

Bullshit based on almost treacherous lies.....

The EU and Japan's Economic Partnership Agreement that came into force at the beginning of this month is also considered to be a contributing factor of Honda pulling out of Swindon.

Or the uncontinued uncertainty of the fact that 44 days from us leaving the EU we still haven’t sorted a deal out might just have been the tipping point.

It’s not just a coincidence that Honda as well as other manufacturers are reconsidering their options.

I’ve asked this before but is Brexit really worth it???

Bullshit based on almost treacherous lies.....
    I have always respected the Brexit viewpoint when it has involved certain principles, including the fact that Remainers will see the UK eventually being drawn deeper into the EU regarding matters that weren't invisaged when we first joined and even about erosion of some of our rights and resources. However, I am not aware of a single soul who was aware of the unravelling consequences of leaving the EU and I suspect that many of the people who voted for Brexit using just anecdotal, jingoistic and facile arguments (as can be witnessed at every turn) do not sufficiently access news sources that may disavow them of some of their beliefs as they become evident. It's all well and good uttering optimistic noises about being a great country (a la MAGA) whilst foreign companies wishing to freely access the EU decide to decamp from the UK. I have always thought that the EU as it stands is a model due to fail in the long term but our current course seems incredibly self-destructive, chaotic, destabilising, highly regrettable and very depressing - ands we are yet to experience the real effects.

car industry is changing quickly, diesel car made at both plants .
    Honda make less than 60 diesels per day in Swindon. No factor in the decision.

The UK built 5-door Civic is unique for the Western EU / UK markets. The Global Civic (Japan, China, Thai, Brazil, Canada) is predominantly a common design. By avoiding UK manufactured / styled cars Honda have saved a huge amount in avoiding D&D / Tooling costs, for a relatively low market share (in Europe).

The new Civic is one of 7 vehicles based on their new platform. The Swindon volumes are minuscule in the overall global volume case but the D&D cost was disproportionately high.

For anyone that calls this a shock, the contracts for the Civic21 replacement vehicle were due to be placed with the TierN suppliers in October'18. They have given excuse after excuse why the contracts were 5 months overdue.

For what it's worth I have been working on this vehicle (amongst many others) since March'17, so there's nearly 2 years work gone into the project before Honda have pulled the plug. I've now got to work out how to get recompense for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have always respected the Brexit viewpoint when it has involved certain principles, including the fact that Remainers will see the UK eventually being drawn deeper into the EU regarding matters that weren't invisaged when we first joined and even about erosion of some of our rights and resources. However, I am not aware of a single soul who was aware of the unravelling consequences of leaving the EU and I suspect that many of the people who voted for Brexit using just anecdotal, jingoistic and facile arguments (as can be witnessed at every turn) do not sufficiently access news sources that may disavow them of some of their beliefs as they become evident. It's all well and good uttering optimistic noises about being a great country (a la MAGA) whilst foreign companies wishing to freely access the EU decide to decamp from the UK. I have always thought that the EU as it stands is a model due to fail in the long term but our current course seems incredibly self-destructive, chaotic, destabilising, highly regrettable and very depressing - ands we are yet to experience the real effects.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

The UK built 5-door Civic is unique for the Western EU / UK markets. The Global Civic (Japan, China, Thai, Brazil, Canada) is predominantly a common design. By avoiding UK manufactured / styled cars Honda have saved a huge amount in avoiding D&D / Tooling costs, for a relatively low market share (in Europe).

The new Civic is one of 7 vehicles based on their new platform. The Swindon volumes are minuscule in the overall global volume case but the D&D cost was disproportionately high.

For anyone that calls this a shock, the contracts for the Civic21 replacement vehicle were due to be placed with the TierN suppliers in October'18. They have given excuse after excuse why the contracts were 5 months overdue.

For what it's worth I have been working on this vehicle (amongst many others) since March'17, so there's nearly 2 years work gone into the project before Honda have pulled the plug. I've now got to work out how to get recompense for that!
    Jesus.....
    So sorry about that mate.

It does seem ,something big is changing in the automotive industry ,would you say this is less to do with Brexit , and more to do with the industry changing and countries bringing jobs home , with this Brexit window being an opportunity to announce it now. rather than later ?

It does seem ,something big is changing in the automotive industry ,would you say this is less to do with Brexit , and more to do with the industry changing and countries bringing jobs home , with this Brexit window being an opportunity to announce it now. rather than later ?
    I can't say too much because of the insider trading restrictions. In short it depends on the nationality of the customers. For Japanese companies it's tariff related, more their own than Brexit. For German & French companies it's 100% Brexit & without remorse. For JLR it's diesel. In all cases, they all have to generate funds towards electrification development. They're all running scared & there are some big players at huge risk. Watch FormulaE for the development of the big players, especially the emergence of the battery companies.

It's certainly not wholly down to Brexit but in many cases it's given the excuse many of these companies were looking for.

Jesus.....
    So sorry about that mate.
    Seconded.

I wish more people who say "I voted for No Deal, let's just get on with it" would read Des's posts.

I notice that many on here gloss over them. He is describing real devestating impacts and brexit hasn't even begin yet.

I can't say too much because of the insider trading restrictions. In short it depends on the nationality of the customers. For Japanese companies it's tariff related, more their own than Brexit. For German & French companies it's 100% Brexit & without remorse. For JLR it's diesel. In all cases, they all have to generate funds towards electrification development. They're all running scared & there are some big players at huge risk. Watch FormulaE for the development of the big players, especially the emergence of the battery companies.

It's certainly not wholly down to Brexit but in many cases it's given the excuse many of these companies were looking for.
    Thanks Des I do hope it works out okay for you in the end .

What a mess from both sides if the house .

I'm in the house, and can reveal from within the corridors of power , something is breaking through , go TM go .

I'm in the house, and can reveal from within the corridors of power , something is breaking through , go TM go .
    In da house?

In da house?
    Gotta rush from da house to da plane , being parachuted into Strasbourg, exciting times.
    Might need an extension,sssh .

Wales Bales and others at this forum have spent the past 33 months reassuring all those wanting more mosques and wherever they live to be transformed into a mini version of Londonistan that the Brexit vote will not be honoured, yet Remainers still fret that the democratic will of the majority might prevail.

I dont read and absorb twit,face,tube social media garbage stuff , I'd rather hear the words spoken or discussed , let's hope we get this deal done now, and we move on .

To be fair whatever deal it is struck ,even if it ticked every opposition's party box , they'd still vote it down , just for political gain , self intrest ,and media bite headlines.

Yes , you can accuse the nasty Tories and DUP of nationalist self interest political gain , however you can also accuse the rest of the opposition of self interest political point scoring and grab for power .

Pathetic.

I dont read and absorb twit,face,tube social media garbage stuff , I'd rather hear the words spoken or discussed , let's hope we get this deal done now, and we move on .

To be fair whatever deal it is struck ,even if it ticked every opposition's party box , they'd still vote it down , just for political gain , self intrest ,and media bite headlines.

Yes , you can accuse the nasty Tories and DUP of nationalist self interest political gain , however you can also accuse the rest of the opposition of self interest political point scoring and grab for power .

Pathetic.
    I am getting confused again, so you don't read books?

I don't have any legal expertise and this guy is well respected so I would rather listen to him to see if anything has changed than a daily mail headline.

Withdrawal agreement has a chance of going through today, then may gets the boot and we have an even bigger problem because this doesn't secure the future relationship at all. Every headline is based upon a vague idea of what may wants the future relationship to look like but none of this is secured by the agreement.

Strange situation.

Pathetic.
    Wales Bales says he only gets his news from Twitter, so you might have a point there.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Wales Bales says he only gets his news from Twitter, so you might have a point there.
    Just to point out the blindingly obvious, every major news organisation in the world is on Twitter, as is nearly every journalist and politician!!

The US is in the process of renegotiating every trade deal they are in, and their economic and employment figures keep improving. They are rebalancing their economy in favour of American workers. Yet any talk of Britain doing it is met with doom & gloom, even though the global economic climate is changing.