Can anyone tell if she is winning?

Re: Brexit thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Can anyone tell if she is winning?
    She can, cos she's got the script

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    She can, cos she's got the script
    Have you heard of the term "pyrrhic victory"?

May is offering her deal [which is rubbish - no customs union etc] or no deal, the difference between her deal and no deal is miniscule, time and time again she said no deal is better than a bad deal, strangely enough she no longer says that, lol.
    The Celts might be better off with no deal as this might hasten the end of the union and with it perpetual London centric right wing policies as the Conservatives are likely to get in time and again via the weight of numbers of the English vote and Labour will only get in by offering Tory-lite policies.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    May is offering her deal [which is rubbish - no customs union etc] or no deal, the difference between her deal and no deal is miniscule, time and time again she said no deal is better than a bad deal, strangely enough she no longer says that, lol.
    The Celts might be better off with no deal as this might hasten the end of the union and with it perpetual London centric right wing policies as the Conservatives are likely to get in time and again via the weight of numbers of the English vote and Labour will only get in by offering Tory-lite policies.
    Are you confident that the prosperity of Wales will improve if the fanciful notion of independence was ever voted for by a majority in Wales? What goods and services would be exported? Is there anything other than patriotic fervour and anti-English sentiment to put some meat on the bone here?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Are you confident that the prosperity of Wales will improve if the fanciful notion of independence was ever voted for by a majority in Wales? What goods and services would be exported? Is there anything other than patriotic fervour and anti-English sentiment to put some meat on the bone here?
    Energy and water.

Energy and water.
    Do you have any access to meaningful data to back up your assertion that an independent Wales would be more (and which includes both the benefits and disbenefits of independence)? I am open to persuasion if that were the case.
    However, what we have learned during the Brexit farrago most people understand diddly squat about economics but merely reproduce slogans passed down to them.
    Happy to be educated by detailed reason and good evidence if you care to indulge me.

It is known that Wales is a net exporter of electricity and water and that England is running out of water [run out in 2044 was a recent story in the press] and also they have to import electricity from time to time from the continent, as regards detailed data just like Brexit there is no individual detailed breakdown of Welsh only figures although its known that Wales is a net beneficiary from the EU there is no detailed Welsh only EU figures.

Wales received more per head than the majority of regions in the UK, Wales should have been an easy remain region, however, the labour government spunked it away on fantasy projects and ignored their base for 30 years, 3 generations of some north of Cardiff have known nothing since the Tories shut the mines and paid for it at the vote at which the local electorate gave Welsh politicians a big fat f*ck you. A new viaduct in aber nowhere means jack sh*t to a working person with no prospects. Under Thatcher this country (UK wide) was not so divided as it is now IMO, the country is just reflective of the shit state of current politics and that's exactly what is wanted by the elites, together people are strong, divided they are weak, I don't think it's by accident we have an extreme right and a loonatic left, we always seem to follow Merica.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Have you heard of the term "pyrrhic victory"?
    Yes, and this is not one of them. She will disappear into the night if she gets away with it, and will be rewarded for her success.

It is known that Wales is a net exporter of electricity and water and that England is running out of water [run out in 2044 was a recent story in the press] and also they have to import electricity from time to time from the continent, as regards detailed data just like Brexit there is no individual detailed breakdown of Welsh only figures although its known that Wales is a net beneficiary from the EU there is no detailed Welsh only EU figures.
    Just anecdotal stuff then regarding a two components of the big picture rather than a comprehensive analysis we would need to make a sound judgement regarding such an important matter which would have incredibly profound ramifications.
    And we know from Brexit how people make decisions based on sentiment and ignorance and without have the foggiest idea of the possible consequences.
    Apologies to those on both sides of the Brexit vote who had sound reasons and a good understanding for the informed choices they made. However, I think that they were very much in the minority and most of us, me included, were less than qualified to cast a vote on the matter.

Your response has been filed in the 'Superficial Fluff' cabinet for now.

Just anecdotal stuff then regarding a two components of the big picture rather than a comprehensive analysis we would need to make a sound judgement regarding such an important matter which would have incredibly profound ramifications.
    And we know from Brexit how people make decisions based on sentiment and ignorance and without have the foggiest idea of the possible consequences.
    Apologies to those on both sides of the Brexit vote who had sound reasons and a good understanding for the informed choices they made. However, I think that they were very much in the minority and most of us, me included, were less than qualified to cast a vote on the matter.

Your response has been filed in the 'Superficial Fluff' cabinet for now.
    Just like your opinions on Brexit then.

1,017,380 signatures and counting now on the Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU petition.

1,017,380 signatures and counting now on the Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU petition.
    Is there anything worse than witnessing a bunch of sore losers who can't accept an outcome?

Just like your opinions on Brexit then.
    Indeed. I clearly stated that I didn't think that I knew enough to vote on changing the status quo.

Indeed. I clearly stated that I didn't think that I knew enough to vote on changing the status quo.
    Did you vote then ?

Did you vote then ?
    Yes I did. Having the referendum thrust upon us I tried to learn about the situation as much as I possibly could - via newspaper and internet articles, quality newspapers, radio and TV debates and watching/listening/reading intelligent debates on both sides and over a long period of time. However, all of that, my experience of living in Europe, some rudimentary academic qualifications in Economics, a long-standing interest in politics etc. hardly qualified me from having an expert opinion regarding such an important subject. I tried to weigh up the current benefits and disbenefits of staying in the EU but I know that I'm really am a rank amateur (as were most people in my opinion).
    I am very cynical of the EU project in the long-term but I voted to stay in. Other people with less knowledge than me were going to vote in their millions so it would have been silly in the circumstances not to have voted on the limited knowledge I did have - and I wasn't convinced by the utterances of many of the leaders of the Leave camp despite trying to be open-minded.
    My point is that the electorate, me included, shouldn't vote on such complex matters.
    Just my humble fluff-filled opinion with which you are more than welcome to disagree with.

Yes I did. Having the referendum thrust upon us I tried to learn about the situation as much as I possibly could - via newspaper and internet articles, quality newspapers, radio and TV debates and watching/listening/reading intelligent debates on both sides and over a long period of time. However, all of that, my experience of living in Europe, some rudimentary academic qualifications in Economics, a long-standing interest in politics etc. hardly qualified me from having an expert opinion regarding such an important subject. I tried to weigh up the current benefits and disbenefits of staying in the EU but I know that I'm really am a rank amateur (as were most people in my opinion).
    I am very cynical of the EU project in the long-term but I voted to stay in. Other people with less knowledge than me were going to vote in their millions so it would have been silly in the circumstances not to have voted on the limited knowledge I did have - and I wasn't convinced by the utterances of many of the leaders of the Leave camp despite trying to be open-minded.
    My point is that the electorate, me included, shouldn't vote on such complex matters.
    Just my humble fluff-filled opinion with which you are more than welcome to disagree with.
    Blimey you voted for a selection on something you have no idea about , I am definitely filling under 'Superficial Fluff'. lol.

Blimey you voted for a selection on something you have no idea about , I am definitely filling under 'Superficial Fluff'. lol.
    I didn't say 'no idea' but file it under 'Superficial Fluff' by all means

Indeed we ain't Scotland , who have big exports, we only have government service jobs , Cottage Holidays, A big Stadium , Hill Walking , social revolution stuff.

Have we hit peak scaremongering Brexit bullshit today?

Brexit: Armed forces set up team in nuclear bunker to prepare for no deal outcome

Samuel Osborne @SamuelOsborne93
    2 hours ago

Britain’s military has set up a team in a nuclear bunker beneath the Ministry of Defence (MoD) to prepare for a no-deal Brexit.

Some 3,500 troops were being held “at readiness” to aid in contingency plans if the UK leaves the European Union (EU) without an agreement in place, a spokesperson said.

More: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8834346.html

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

Brexit: Armed forces set up team in nuclear bunker to prepare for no deal outcome

2 hours ago

Britain’s military has set up a team in a nuclear bunker beneath the Ministry of Defence (MoD) to prepare for a no-deal Brexit.

Some 3,500 troops were being held “at readiness” to aid in contingency plans if the UK leaves the European Union (EU) without an agreement in place, a spokesperson said.

On a more important note, the pubs will be open, especially the Brexit ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

2 hours ago

I know that behind the scenes Civil Servants have been asked to volunteer to leave their current posts for a duration (and I can't remember whar sort of duration) in order to move to certain locations and deal solely with matters arising from Brexit.

Some experts now think that no deal is the most likely outcome - and in that scenario then the union will be on its last legs.

Some experts now think that no deal is the most likely outcome - and in that scenario then the union will be on its last legs.
    Aha! The Welsh independence thing yet again. Wishful thinking on your part perhaps?