+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit thread

Re: Brexit thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    We've already had a peoples vote, their job now is to carry out the will of the people.
    Is another vote somehow less representative of the will of the people?

Yvette Cooper is a Blairite.

See my comment

There's around 120 MPs out of a total of 650 and a dozen or so peers from 700+ who are pro-Brexit, so circa 10% of lawmakers, the political class, want to implement the will of the majority who voted in the referendum.

We've already had a peoples vote, their job now is to carry out the will of the people.
    But the will of the people is a scatted will, and in most cases was a single point they wanted , some wanted just farming changed , ,some wanted just fisheries dealt ,with some wanted less European labour,some wanted law independence , some wanted to save billions what no one saw coming was the Irish border issue , this is a 40 year association,how anyone thought you just leave without pain is beyond me .

The best comment today was a Labour politician saying the government should move aside and " let us negotiate the deal ",do they really think their would be a different stance from the European commission ,because it was a different face ,their position is there position,unless Labour would concede more ,which is highly unlikely as they too are split within its own party, and its voters on this issue ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Riveting stuff. First time watching a parliamentary session for two hours straight.

I feel a little sorry for May. She's trapped and there's **** all she can do about it . Not going down without a fight.

I agreed with her saying too many MPs are talking about what they wish would happen (second vote) rather than what is happening (brexit).
    And the fact the day before she was involved in a 4 /5 hours cabinet discussion for even longer ,she no spring chicken ,this will be taken its toll on her health ,and befroe anyone points the finger i'm no fan of her .

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    There's around 120 MPs out of a total of 650 and a dozen or so peers from 700+ who are pro-Brexit, so circa 10% of lawmakers, the political class, want to implement the will of the majority who voted in the referendum.
    Same question as posed to WB, what does your will look like in terms of the type of exit that would satisfy the reasons why you voted to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And the fact the day before she was involved in a 4 /5 hours cabinet discussion for even longer ,she no spring chicken ,this will be taken its toll on her health ,and befroe anyone points the finger i'm no fan of her .
    I know, WB is no fan of Trump apparently!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I know, WB is no fan of Trump apparently!
    What if the Bernie Sanders election campaign team had been spied upon, would that be acceptable to you?

Apologies everybody. My fault I mentioned Trump's name so I should have guessed a sidetracking of the thread was not too far away

Apologies everybody. My fault I mentioned Trump's name so I should have guessed a sidetracking of the thread was not too far away
    Don't do it again!

Where's is the alternative plan ,or voice that makes sense taking in the complexity of this exit , strangely May has a deal closer to the center of the Labour who want to say in ,rather than the right loops like Mogg , Boris ,Redwood ,she could pull the SNP closer as well .

Its a fascinating political moment In time, yes May's leadership is under the spotlight , however so are other leaders as the country is split ,and those very split people, vote in or out the politicians, so be careful ,for what you wish for is the message for them . .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Where's is the alternative plan ,or voice that makes sense taking in the complexity of this exit , strangely May has a deal closer to the center of the Labour who want to say in ,rather than the right loops like Mogg , Boris ,Redwood ,she could pull the SNP closer as well .

Its a fascinating political moment In time, yes May's leadership is under the spotlight , however so are other leaders as the country is split ,and those very split people, vote in or out the politicians, so be careful ,for what you wish for is the message for them . .

In fairness the deal is better then what I thought it would be.

Compared to a no deal Brexit it’s far better.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    In fairness the deal is better then what I thought it would be.

Compared to a no deal Brexit it’s far better.
    Better? Have you seen the leaked version? It's nothing like what May says it is.

Better? Have you seen the leaked version? It's nothing like what May says it is.
    Do you think a no deal Brexit is better then and why?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Do you think a no deal Brexit is better then and why?
    We will regain our sovereignty and control of our country.

Same question as posed to WB, what does your will look like in terms of the type of exit that would satisfy the reasons why you voted to leave?
    I didn't vote in the referendum. A no deal departure would be my preference.

There's talk of Theresa May being ousted by a vote of no confidence.

Surely the Conservatives already held a vote to decide their leader? She's only carrying out the will of the Tory party.

Of course, if they've changed their minds and are allowed to vote again, why shouldn't the electorate?

We will regain our sovereignty and control of our country.
    You can almost hear "Rule Britannia" playing in the background can't you, soon to be followed by "There'll Always be an England" no doubt.

In another post you said "their job now is to carry out the will of the people." - perhaps you can explain what the will of the people is? I know the vote was to leave, but isn't that what we would do if the document based on the Chequers Agreement was universally accepted and yet so many who voted leave don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I know the vote was to leave, but isn't that what we would do if the document based on the Chequers Agreement was universally accepted and yet so many who voted leave don't like it.
    What seems to have irked some Tories is there appears to be two versions of events, the one the PMs tells, and the other from Sabine Weyand in The Times.

When did the Daily Mail become a leftist newspaper?

[QUOTE=Wales-Bales;4927642]When did the Daily Mail become a leftist newspaper?

I think its more your own perception based on the other media you consume

I think its more your own perception based on the other media you consume
    Nothing to do with perception, they have a new editor who is the opposite of the old editor.

[QUOTE=Wales-Bales;4927644]
    Nothing to do with perception, they have a new editor who is the opposite of the old editor.
    But you seem to believe that this has made its political stance leftist?

Gove is sticking with May, who would have thought it

When did the Daily Mail become a leftist newspaper

The Daily Mail leftist because they support a Conservative Prime Minister 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂