+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Brexit thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Brexit thread

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Oh things are moving fast as regards sentiment and its been like that for the last week or so, if I was a bookie odds would be changing all the time, latest whispers is the Government are going to give Parliament indicative votes [if and when MV3 loses] so a soft Brexit might well come into play.
    May/Government driving the car = no deal
    Parliament taking control via indicative votes and driving the car = soft Brexit imo, talk of 7 choices being on the table.
    We need a referendum regarding the seven options. That'll settle it...

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    We need a referendum regarding the seven options. That'll settle it...
    We need a referendum about the need for a defending

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Brilliant in London today. So many people (...although I still managed to bump into my next door neighbour . )

Like last time, great Welsh turnout too For a few short hours you got the feeling that sanity has been restored....
    Why did Wales vote to leave is beyond me, they missed a lovely day out .

[QUOTE=life on mars;4961510]Why did Wales vote to leave is beyond me, they missed a lovely day out .[

Trivialize all you like, but 1m people on the streets of London will have an impact.

[QUOTE=Swiss Peter;4961579]
    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Why did Wales vote to leave is beyond me, they missed a lovely day out .[

Trivialize all you like, but 1m people on the streets of London will have an impact.
    They recon a million marched against the Iraq war it made no difference.

What did make a difference was when the Welsh [along with Northern Irish and Scottish] stopped us going to war in Syria as in boots on the ground when they voted it down, the English mps voted for war the Celtic mps literally on mass voted against and for once we beat the weight of numbers of the English mps.

[QUOTE=trampie09;4961592]
    They recon a million marched against the Iraq war it made no difference.

What did make a difference was when the Welsh [along with Northern Irish and Scottish] stopped us going to war in Syria as in boots on the ground when they voted it down, the English mps voted for war the Celtic mps literally on mass voted against and for once we beat the weight of numbers of the English mps.
    Some English MPs voted against the government but never let the same old binary 'England bad, Wales good' slant go unmentioned.
    And the Celtic nations were hardly unified when it came to Brexit. Unlike Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland voted to remain in the EU.
    Oh, I almost forgot that you blamed that decision on the English who live in Wales.
    Silly me.

The vote whether we should have boots on the ground in Syria was stark, there was a clear divide based on what countries mps constituencies were in, English constituency mps voted strongly for war, Celtic constituency mps virtually on mass voted against war largely regardless of party allegiance.
    A million people on the streets counted for nothing before when it came to the Iraq war.

[QUOTE=Swiss Peter;4961579]
    Why did Wales vote to leave is beyond me, they missed a lovely day out .[

I'm not trivialising at all , and I voted to remain ,and I've been on a March or two in the name of justice ,and yes they are fun and uplifting, if your behind that cause in a passionate way (I get it ).

It just seems to me a vote was taken and a huge one at that ,and yes folk didn't agree , but surely we abide by democratic vote and decision.

Wonder if we will see calls for new votes for stuff like rail worker strikes now?

Wales in particular was strong on leave, and in particular the poorer parts of it ,as was the trend in the UK.

I might be wrong , but those very poor leave voters , perhaps would struggle
    to mobilise and afford that trip to London in that mass ?? .

The March in London would have been hugely bolstered by remainers , as London voted that way , and it has a better affluence to do so, and you can see significant money was thrown at it by sponsors .

Really pleased your day was good though 👍

[QUOTE=life on mars;4961611]

I'm not trivialising at all , and I voted to remain ,and I've been on a March or two in the name of justice ,and yes they are fun and uplifting, if your behind that cause in a passionate way (I get it ).

It just seems to me a vote was taken and a huge one at that ,and yes folk didn't agree , but surely we abide by democratic vote and decision.

Wonder if we will see calls for new votes for stuff like rail worker strikes now?

Wales in particular was strong on leave, and in particular the poorer parts of it ,as was the trend in the UK.

I might be wrong , but those very poor leave voters , perhaps would struggle
    to mobilise and afford that trip to London in that mass ?? .

The March in London would have been hugely bolstered by remainers , as London voted that way , and it has a better affluence to do so, and you can see significant money was thrown at it by sponsors .

Really pleased your day was good though 👍
    Yes, I agree with your point. I am solidly remain, but I noted yesterday (as with the last march) how unrepresentative the marchers are of the typical ethnic/socio-economic profile I see on the way to work, or walking down any high street. The crowd was diverse in terms of age, but that's it. (Hence all the "I'm really starting to get quite cross about this" style banners yesterday ). I accept that it needs to be seen in that context.

[QUOTE=Swiss Peter;4961620]

Yes, I agree with your point. I am solidly remain, but I noted yesterday (as with the last march) how unrepresentative the marchers are of the typical ethnic/socio-economic profile I see on the way to work, or walking down any high street. The crowd was diverse in terms of age, but that's it. (Hence all the "I'm really starting to get quite cross about this" style banners yesterday ). I accept that it needs to be seen in that context.
    A very middle class protest

We should honour the vote and leave the EU and then re-join if the people have changed their mind, no doubt if we leave come the next General Election some parties will put a pledge in their manifesto to offer another referendum to join the EU if they get elected.

[QUOTE=Swiss Peter;4961620]

Some of the effigy's of May were quite elaborate , and humorous, and dare I say costly .

Theresa May seems to be moving away from 'no deal' - BOO, it now seems to be dawning on her that it will put the union at risk = oi luv, the people voted for it.

Theresa May seems to be moving away from 'no deal' - BOO, it now seems to be dawning on her that it will put the union at risk = oi luv, the people voted for it.
    It's like parliament is walking around with thier hands on ears singing la,la,la,la,la,la,la,la,la,la.

Were Corbyn or May on the March on Saturday?

It's like parliament is walking around with thier hands on ears singing la,la,la,la,la,la,la,la,la,la.

Were Corbyn or May on the March on Saturday?
    The next general election is going to be fun, not that it will matter much since we will be under the control of the EU dictatorship by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The next general election is going to be fun, not that it will matter much since we will be under the control of the EU dictatorship by then.

The skool bully ccmb brigade have no voice in the privacy of the ballot box

No surprise that Labour are in talks with the Conservatives their policies are very similar on lots of topics and its been like that for decades, Brexit is just one more area where they have similar policies.

No surprise that Labour are in talks with the Conservatives their policies are very similar on lots of topics and its been like that for decades, Brexit is just one more area where they have similar policies.
    Both parties have always been split regarding Europe - and the stances taken both May and Corbyn have vacillated. Both parties have pro and anti-Brexit supporters under their respective banners and it is hardly a case of a close marriage.

Collectivism in action!

Talks said to be going well so far between Theresa and Jeremy [but they would say that anyway], but if Jeremy does not demand a peoples vote on whatever is decided lots of people speculating it will be the end of Labour.

Talks said to be going well so far between Theresa and Jeremy [but they would say that anyway], but if Jeremy does not demand a peoples vote on whatever is decided lots of people speculating it will be the end of Labour.
    Some people are saying that it will be the end of the Conservatives too. I very much doubt it on both counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Some people are saying that it will be the end of the Conservatives too. I very much doubt it on both counts.
    What the end of the national party of England, oh dear.

I’d love to smash up JRM face and it would be so easy you wouldn’t even have to try

What the end of the national party of England, oh dear.
    Your anti-English rants at every turn are so very predictable.

Such an observation is hardly an anti English rant.